Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat finding exact version of Red Hat Linux Post 302497308 by mark54g on Wednesday 16th of February 2011 11:52:44 PM
Old 02-17-2011
Code:
cat /etc/redhat-release

This User Gave Thanks to mark54g For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Red Hat Enterprise Linux Version 3

Hello there guys, i'm new in this linux world and i'm having problems with telnet session. I enabled telnet login but it wont let me login as root. is there a file that i need to take a look to make sure that root could telnet to the system. Thanks a lot guys for your help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: josramon
2 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Does any hunk knows how to block ultrasurf in squid proxy red hat version 4

Does any one knows how to block ultrasurf in squid proxy ? I have one shell script i.e blocking all ultrsurf version except ultrasurf 8.9 i f any one knows pls share the documents with me. Please read the rules: No double posting! Thank you - site moderator (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishwanathhcl
0 Replies

3. Linux

Does any hunk knows how to block ultrasurf in squid proxy red hat version 4

Does any one knows how to block ultrasurf in squid proxy ?:) I have one shell script i.e blocking all ultrsurf version except ultrasurf 8.9 if any one knows pls share the documents with me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishwanathhcl
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Virtual Red Hat version

Hello, Is there a Virtual Red hat that will work with Windows Vista? I would like to become more familiar with it and a virtual version will help me with a hands on approach. Nov_User (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nov_user
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx for red hat version 5.4

Hi, i am trying to use mailx utility on red hat. I am unsuccessful in doing it. kindly see below for the steps i am doing :- 1) mailx -s "testing" user@ipaddress 2) when i check my /var/mail/ folder there is no file being generated by the name user, instead there is a file being... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dazdseg
10 Replies

6. Red Hat

How to Install Red Hat Linux Desktop version 4?

I want to install Red Hat Linux Desktop version 4. Please tell me the step-by-step installation and which file system will be best for this O/S? Like in windows, we have NTFS file system(which has very security features). Is there any such file system in Linux? Which file system should i use? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

How to Install Red Hat Linux Desktop version 4?

I want to install Red Hat Linux Desktop version 4. Please tell me the step-by-step installation and which file system will be best for this O/S? Like in windows, we have NTFS file system(which has very security features). Is there any such file system in Linux? Which file system should i use?... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to know if i use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or "Red Hat Desktop" ?

how to know if i use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or "Red Hat Desktop" ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Red Hat 5.10 repository issue - desktop version

this is proving to be a real pain to set up. i recently installed red hat 5.10 desktop version. install went well. i've registered my system, but i cant seem to yum install simple packages. i can install some packages, but many others i cant. for instance, i cant do a: yum install php ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies

10. Fedora

Which is the better platform to learn UNIX/Linux (Kali Linux Vs. Red Hat or other)?

I just started a new semester and I started my UNIX class yesterday. I've already decided to use python along with my learning process but what I really want to use with it is Kali as my UNIX/Linux platform to learn off of since I already wanted to learn Cyber Sec. anyways. I just wanted to know if... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ApacheOmega
12 Replies
RHN_CHECK(8)							   Red Hat, Inc.						      RHN_CHECK(8)

NAME
rhn_check - Check for and execute queued actions on RHN. SYNOPSIS
rhn_check [options] DESCRIPTION
rhn_check is a client program that connects to Red Hat Network (or a Red Hat Network Satellite) and receives queued actions for this par- ticular system. After receiving the actions, rhn_check will then process them, and return the results to Red Hat Network. OPTIONS
-v, --verbose Increase the debugging output. --proxy=PROXY Specify an http proxy to use. --proxyUser=PROXYUSER Specify a username to use for an authenticated proxy. This option must be used in conjunction with proxyPassword. --proxyPassword=PROXYPASSWORD Specify a password to use for an authenticated proxy. This option must be used in conjunction with proxyUser. --version Show the program's version number and exit. -h, --help Show a help message and exit. FILES
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/systemid The digital server ID for this machine if the system has been registered onto Red Hat Network. This file does not exist otherwise. /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date The common configuration file used by RHN client programs. SEE ALSO
rhn_register(8), rhnreg_ks(8), rhnsd(8), rhn-profile-sync(8), rhnplugin(8), up2date(5). AUTHORS
See the AUTHORS file included with this software. This manual page was written by James Bowes <jbowes@redhat.com> BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1999-2010 Red Hat, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Linux 2010 August 30 RHN_CHECK(8)