Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat process fails if setuid bit is set Post 302497195 by DGPickett on Wednesday 16th of February 2011 02:33:00 PM
Old 02-16-2011
Either that, or compile static libs, or use -R option to embed link paths.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

setuid sticky bit

I have a binary. It is having the following permissions rws rws rwx mqm:mqm runmqtrm The same program on another machine is rws rws rwx root: mqm runmqtrm This program is a setuid program. This is what my understanding is. Whatever user the program is started under, it will finally be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bandaru
0 Replies

2. Programming

setuid bit on user + dynamically linked libraries

hi all, i have a critical and specific problem with respect to set uid bit on user and the dll's for a binary, (under the userid A) it needs libraries from /usr/lib and informix libraries from $INFORMIXDIR/lib/esql but this binary should be kicked off from id B, hence s-bit on user is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
5 Replies

3. HP-UX

setuid bit - error

hi i have written small script which will login 2 two different users with su but if we run from normal user it prompts for password so i chnaged the owner of script to root and added setuid bit with chmod u+s <script_name> but when i run the script i get following message Warning:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zedex
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can we set the Sticky bit in the umask itself

How can we set the Sticky bit in the umask itself. Please help me :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: geniman2004
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setuid & sticky bit

Can anyone explain me difference between setuid and sticky bit? and also between setuid and chown? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkalyan
3 Replies

6. Linux

Please explain setuid bit clearly!

Dear all, I am newbie with linux, i dont understand any code. I have googled a long time. Please help me explain about setuid bit on linux (Centos 6) Here: 1/ I chmod u+s for /sbin/iptables but normal user still cannot perform command (ex: /sbin/iptables -L) 2/Someone says : setuid only... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: all4cfa
6 Replies

7. Programming

c program to set the m-bit to n-bit

I have a 32bit number and without using for loop,I want to set mbit to n bit. Say m bit may be 2nd or 5th or 9th or 10th.n bit may be 22nd or 27or 11th bit. I assume m<n. Please help me.Thanks acdc (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: acdc
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setuid not working in Linux as script fails to write to file.

Hi, I have the following 3 test files to test setuid bit which if it works I would like to implement in our application. However setuid doesnot seem to be having any impact on my test below.Following are the 3 files of interest in /tmp/ folder. $ ls -ltr *env* -rw------- 1 g332008 users 6... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: waavman
23 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

What keeps me from abusing setuid(0) and programs with setuid bit set?

Just learning about the privilege escalation method provided by setuid. Correct me if I am wrong but what it does is change the uid of the current process to whatever uid I set. Right ? So what stops me from writing my own C program and calling setuid(0) within it and gaining root privileges ? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreyan32
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Java 32 bit installation fails on an AIX platform

Hello. It is my first to deal with Java installation on an AIX platform. I am now trying to install Java 32bit using installp command. However, it throws back the message that the installation media cannot be found. I need to install Java 32bit to proceed with an installation of Oracle JD... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: EJ2019
0 Replies
xslt-config(1)						      General Commands Manual						    xslt-config(1)

NAME
xslt-config - script to get information about the installed version of libxslt SYNOPSIS
xslt-config [--prefix[=DIR]] [--exec-prefix[=DIR]] [--libs] [--cflags] [--version] [--help] DESCRIPTION
xslt-config is a tool that is used to determine the compile and linker flags that should be used to compile and link programs that use libxslt. OPTIONS
xslt-config accepts the following options: --version Print the currently installed version of libxslt on the standard output. --libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to link a libxslt program. --cflags Print the compiler flags that are necessary to compile a libxslt program. --prefix=PREFIX If specified, use PREFIX instead of the installation prefix that libxslt was built with when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option must be specified before any --libs or --cflags options. --exec-prefix=PREFIX If specified, use PREFIX instead of the executable prefix that libxslt was built with when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option must be specified before any --libs or --cflags options. AUTHORS
Daniel Veillard (daniel@veillard.com) NOTES
Source for libxslt is available in the SUNWlxslS package. Documentation for libxslt is available on-line at http://www.xmlsoft.org/XSLT. 17 Jul 2002 xslt-config(1)