Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat help with installing java EE on fedora 14 Post 302496792 by fpmurphy on Tuesday 15th of February 2011 09:58:08 AM
Old 02-15-2011

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Fedora Core 4

Hello, I am about to install Fedora on a partition on my hard drive. I got the CD from a magazine and it isnt a LiveCD so the magazine says "fedora core installer isn't a LiveCD, so it will merrily destroy your primary partition when you install on your machine", now I'm guessing the primary... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ArkNia
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help installing fedora core 5

Hello I'm trying to install fedora core 5 and I'm currently at this screen here: http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/fedora-install-guide-en/fc5/figs/installingpackages.png However, the bottom bar is completely gray and there's nothing telling me the "status" of the install. I also told it to format... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: obeseogre
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

installing mrouted in fedora core

hello; i'm trying to install mrouted-3.9b3-1.i386.rpm in my fedora core 5. but, when i execute the rpm i always have an error message like "this file is no a rpm package"!!!!! can anyone help me? thanks:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jalil smail
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Problem installing perlcc in fedora 9

Hi guys i installed fedora 9 in my system. i installed perl-devel rpm and perl-5.10.0 rpm. But perlcc not in /usr/bin/ directory.But perl,perldoc binaris installed. i am new one for linux. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: viveksnv
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

Java in Fedora, first

For those of us who slept through the month of June, the OpenJDK 6 stack in Fedora was certified as TCK compliant. Meaning it can carry the “100% Java(TM)” moniker. Rich Sharples has a nice write-up (with a second part answering the blogosphere): In June, 2007 - Red Hat launched the IcedTea... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

help regarding installing FEDORA on flash drive

How should i install Fedora onto flash drive .. to boot the OS from flash drive.. plz help me in that!! :( (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dude_me5
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Fedora java classpath

What is the proper way to set your java classpath? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Installing gcc on Fedora

I am trying to install gcc4.8.2 on fedora but have encountered problems. This is the error I got when running configure configure: error: Building GCC requires GMP 4.2+, MPFR 2.4.0+ and MPC 0.8.0+. So I went along to install the three of them I installed gmp-4.3.2 which went ok ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
14 Replies

9. Fedora

Fedora: Uninstall Java JDK 1.8 and install Oracle Java 1.7.15

Hi All, I have just downloaded fedora 27 iso and set it up in virtual box. I want to learn Hadoop so trying to install Apache hadoop. Before all those I have to install Oracle Java 1.7.15 (as mentioned in the Apache hadoop page). Can you please help me how to Uninstall currently installed... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TechGyaann
6 Replies
rmiregistry(1)						      General Commands Manual						    rmiregistry(1)

NAME
rmiregistry - Java remote object registry SYNOPSIS
rmiregistry [ port ] DESCRIPTION
The rmiregistry command creates and starts a remote object registry on the specified port on the current host. If port number is omitted, the registry is started on port 1099. The rmiregistry command produces no output and is typically run in the background. For example: example% rmiregistry & A remote object registry is a bootstrap naming service that is used by RMI servers on a host to bind remote objects to names. Clients can then look up remote objects and make remote method invocations. The registry is typically used to locate the first remote object on which an application needs to invoke methods. That object in turn pro- vides application-specific support for finding other objects. The methods of the java.rmi.registry.LocateRegistry class are used to get a registry operating on a particular host or host and port. The URL-based methods of the java.rmi.Naming class operate on a registry and can be used to look up a remote object, bind a simple (string) name to a remote object, rebind a new name to a remote object (overriding the old binding), unbind a remote object, and list the URLs bound in the registry. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -Joption Used in conjunction with any java option, this option passes option (no spaces between -J and option) on to the java inter- preter. SEE ALSO
See (or search java.sun.com) for the following: java.rmi.Naming @ http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5/docs/api/java/rmi/Naming.html java.rmi.registry.LocateRegistry @ http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5/docs/api/java/rmi/registry/LocateRegistry.html 23 Apr 2001 rmiregistry(1)