Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: calendar in unix
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users calendar in unix Post 302496764 by ungalnanban on Tuesday 15th of February 2011 08:03:24 AM
Old 02-15-2011
MySQL

have you tried with the following command
Code:
cal 10000

Which OS you are using?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what command can show calendar in unix system?

what command can show calendar in unix system? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kennethchow
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

autosys calendar

Hi, Is there any autosys calendar for last day of a month(irrespective of holidays) For eg., Jan 31, Feb 28(29), Mar 31, Apr 30 ... Thanks in Advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rspk_praveen
2 Replies

3. Web Development

Calendar on web - newbie

Hi folks, I am kind of new to these things. I want to create a web based database which will serve as a sort of vacation calendar for the employees so that we know how many men we have at a given date. We want this to be seen on internal pages only, so it will be accessed by a username and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: apprentice
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with filtering dates from the calendar

Hi, I need a simple shell script to help filter weekends from the calendar of a month. In other words, i need a script to identify the working days in a month. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pravsripad
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calendar AWK

Hi, how should I use system command cal (calendar) in awk?, I have try several combinations and none works. Here what I have done. awk -f '{print cal}' awk -f '{print 'cal'}' awk -f '{print "cal"}' awk -f {print cal} Regards. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Godie
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort calendar files

I have a few .calendar files /usr/share/calendar they look like 01/01<TAB>Anniversary of the Triumph of the Revolution in Cuba 01/24<TAB>Gold discovered in California at Sutter's Mill, 1848 01/28<TAB>First ski tow, Woodstock VT, 1914 01/28<TAB>Space Shuttle Challenger (51-L) explodes 74... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: p100x1
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Autosys - Extended Calendar

Does anyone know if you can create an Extended Calendar in Autosys that will do the following...Schedule on the last business day of the month, but if the last business day falls on a Mon-Thur...schedule on the next business day (1st of the next month) ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amarq0004
1 Replies
GCAL(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   GCAL(1)

NAME
Gcal - a program for calculating and printing calendars. SYNOPSIS
gcal [[Option...] [%Date] [@File...]] [Command] DESCRIPTION
Gcal is a program similar the standard calendar programs BSD-`cal' and `calendar'. Gcal displays hybrid and proleptic Julian and Gregorian calendar sheets, respectively, for one month, three months or a whole year. It also displays eternal holiday lists for many countries around the globe, and features a very powerful creation of fixed date lists that can be used for reminding purposes. Gcal can calculate various astronomical data and times of the Sun and the Moon for at pleasure any loca- tion, precisely enough for most civil purposes. Gcal supports some other calendar systems, for example the Chinese and Japanese calendar, the Hebrew calendar and the civil Islamic calendar, too. If Gcal is started without any options or commands, a calendar of the current month is displayed. If the calendar of a definite year is wanted, the year must be fully specified, e.g.: gcal 94 displays a year calendar of the year 94, not of the year 1994. If two arguments are given in the command part, the first argument denotes the month and the second argument denotes the year. In case any illegal commands are given running Gcal , the program will use internal defaults. MORE PROGRAM INFORMATION
You obtain more program information if you start Gcal as follows: gcal -h gcal -? gcal --help respectively, gcal -hh gcal -?? gcal --long-help[=ARG]|[=?] gcal --usage[=ARG]|[=?] A Hypertext file gcal.info containing detailed online information should be available, which you can inspect using your GNU Infobrowser. COPYRIGHT
Gcal Copyright (c) 1994, 95, 96, 1997, 2000 Thomas Esken This software doesn't claim completeness, correctness or usability. On principle I will not be liable for any damages or losses (implicit or explicit), which result from using or handling my software. If you use this software, you agree without any exception to this agree- ment, which binds you LEGALLY !! Gcal is free software and distributed under the terms of the `GNU General Public License'; published by the `Free Software Foundation'; version 2 or (at your option) any later version. Any suggestions, improvements, extensions, bug reports, donations, proposals for contract work, and so forth are welcome! If you like this tool, I'd appreciate a postcard from you! Enjoy it =8^) AUTHOR
------------------------oOO \\_''/ OOo--------------------------- Thomas Esken O (/o-o) O eMail: esken@gmx.net Im Hagenfeld 84 (( ^ )) Phone: +49 251 232585 D-48147 Muenster; Germany \____) ~ (____/ MotD : 2old2live, 2young2die SEE ALSO
tcal(1), txt2gcal(1), gcal2txt(1), cal(1), calendar(1). June 14, 2000 GCAL(1)