Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: C++ bubble sort.
Top Forums Programming C++ bubble sort. Post 302496605 by sepoto on Monday 14th of February 2011 03:02:35 PM
Old 02-14-2011
This is the extent of what I have put together at the moment. It needs work but it should give you a good idea of what I'm aiming for. Thanks for your interest in this.

Code:
#include <iostream>
#include <vector>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <time.h>

using namespace std;

void bubblesort(vector<int> *bb) {
int i,j,temp,flag=1;
int bbLength = bb->size();

for(i=1;(i<=bbLength) && flag; i++) {
  flag=0;
    for (j=0; j < (bbLength -1); j++) {
      if (bb[j+1] > bb[j]) {
        temp = bb->at(j);
        bb->at(j) = bb->at(j+1);
        bb->at(j+1) = temp;
        flag = 1;
      }
    }
  }
}

int main() {

vector<int> random;
random.reserve(21);

srand(time(NULL)); //Seed

for(int a=0;a<21;a++){
  random[a] = rand() % 20 + 1;
  }
  for(int a=0;a<random.size();a++) {
  cout << random[a] << endl;
  }

//I really wrote all this crap to do this with it
  bubblesort(&random);

for(int a=0;a<random.size();a++) {
  cout << random[a] << endl;
  }
return 0;
}

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Cool YouTube Video: Here Comes Another Bubble - The Richter Scales!

You will like this :) fi4fzvQ6I-o (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can someone explain a bubble sort in Krn script to me?

See topic. I need to understand how it works before i start to work on a program anyone have any resources or the time to explain it thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluesilo
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Sort Floating Numbers Using the Sort Command?

Hi to all. I'm trying to sort this with the Unix command sort. user1:12345678:3.5:2.5:8:1:2:3 user2:12345679:4.5:3.5:8:1:3:2 user3:12345687:5.5:2.5:6:1:3:2 user4:12345670:5.5:2.5:5:3:2:1 user5:12345671:2.5:5.5:7:2:3:1 I need to get this: user3:12345687:5.5:2.5:6:1:3:2... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: daniel.gbaena
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script to sort the files and append the extension .sort to the sorted version of the file

Hello all - I am to this forum and fairly new in learning unix and finding some difficulty in preparing a small shell script. I am trying to make script to sort all the files given by user as input (either the exact full name of the file or say the files matching the criteria like all files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankaj80
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alternate to sort --random-sort

sort --random-sort The full command is path=`find /testdir -maxdepth 1 -mindepth 1 -type d | ***Some sort of sort function*** | head -1` I have a list I want to randomly sort. It works fine in ubuntu but on a 'osx lion' sort dosen't have the --random-sort option. I don't want to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: digitalviking
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with sort word and general numeric sort at the same time

Input file: 100%ABC2 3.44E-12 USA A2M%H02579 0E0 UK 100%ABC2 5.34E-8 UK 100%ABC2 3.25E-12 USA A2M%H02579 5E-45 UK Output file: 100%ABC2 3.44E-12 USA 100%ABC2 3.25E-12 USA 100%ABC2 5.34E-8 UK A2M%H02579 0E0 UK A2M%H02579 5E-45 UK Code try: sort -k1,1 -g -k2 -r input.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort help: How to sort collected 'file list' by date stamp :

Hi Experts, I have a filelist collected from another server , now want to sort the output using date/time stamp filed. - Filed 6, 7,8 are showing the date/time/stamp. Here is the input: #---------------------------------------------------------------------- -rw------- 1 root ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Difference of Sort -n -k2 -k3 & Sort -n -k2,3

Hi, Could anyone kindly show me a link or explain the difference between sort -n -k2 -k3 & sort -n -k2,3 Also, if I like to remove the row with repetition at both $2 and $3, Can I safely use sort -u -k2 -k3 Example; 100 20 30 100 20 30 So, both $2 and $3 are same and I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indra2011
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use sort to sort numerical column

How to sort the following output based on lowest to highest BE? The following sort does not work. $ sort -t. -k1,1n -k2,2n bfd.txt BE31.116 0s 0s DOWN DAMP BE31.116 0s 0s DOWN DAMP BE31.117 0s 0s ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sand1234
7 Replies
SLABTOP(1)							Linux User's Manual							SLABTOP(1)

NAME
slabtop - display kernel slab cache information in real time SYNOPSIS
slabtop [options] DESCRIPTION
slabtop displays detailed kernel slab cache information in real time. It displays a listing of the top caches sorted by one of the listed sort criteria. It also displays a statistics header filled with slab layer information. OPTIONS
Normal invocation of slabtop does not require any options. The behavior, however, can be fine-tuned by specifying one or more of the fol- lowing flags: --delay=n, -d n Refresh the display every n in seconds. By default, slabtop refreshes the display every three seconds. To exit the program, hit q. --sort=S, -s S Sort by S, where S is one of the sort criteria. --once, -o Display the output once and then exit. --version, -V Display version information and exit. --help Display usage information and exit. SORT CRITERIA
The following are valid sort criteria used to sort the individual slab caches and thereby determine what are the "top" slab caches to dis- play. The default sort criteria is to sort by the number of objects ("o"). The sort criteria can also be changed while slabtop is running by pressing the associated character. a: sort by number of active objects b: sort by objects per slab c: sort by cache size l: sort by number of slabs v sort by number of active slabs n: sort by name o: sort by number of objects p: sort by pages per slab s: sort by object size u: sort by cache utilization COMMANDS
slabtop accepts keyboard commands from the user during use. The following are supported. In the case of letters, both cases are accepted. Each of the valid sort characters are also accepted, to change the sort routine. See the section SORT CRITERIA. <SPACEBAR> Refresh the screen. Q Quit the program. FILES
/proc/slabinfo slab information SEE ALSO
free(1), ps(1), top(1), vmstat(8) NOTES
Currently, slabtop requires a 2.4 or later kernel (specifically, a version 1.1 or later /proc/slabinfo). Kernel 2.2 should be supported in the future. The slabtop statistic header is tracking how many bytes of slabs are being used and it not a measure of physical memory. The 'Slab' field in the /proc/meminfo file is tracking information about used slab physical memory. AUTHORS
Written by Chris Rivera and Robert Love. slabtop was inspired by Martin Bligh's perl script, vmtop. The procps package is maintained by Albert Cahalan <albert@users.sf.net>. Please send bug reports to <procps-feedback@lists.sf.net>. Linux 13 Sep 2003 SLABTOP(1)