Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Leaving for loop on condition Post 302496502 by FrancescoIt on Monday 14th of February 2011 08:43:55 AM
Old 02-14-2011
my problem is :
i have this report ....

Engine Busy Utilization CPU Busy I/O Busy Idle
------------------------ -------- -------- --------
Engine 0 0.0 % 0.0 % 100.0 %
Engine 1 0.0 % 0.0 % 100.0 %
Engine 2 0.2 % 0.0 % 99.8 %
Engine 3 0.0 % 0.0 % 100.0 %
Engine 4 0.0 % 0.0 % 100.0 %
Engine 5 0.0 % 0.0 % 100.0 %
Engine 6 0.0 % 0.0 % 100.0 %
Engine 7 0.0 % 0.0 % 100.0 %
Engine 8 0.0 % 0.0 % 100.0 %
Engine 9 0.0 % 0.0 % 100.0 %
Engine 10 0.0 % 0.0 % 100.0 %
Engine 11 0.0 % 0.0 % 100.0 %
Engine 12 0.0 % 0.0 % 100.0 %
Engine 13 0.0 % 0.0 % 100.0 %
Engine 14 0.0 % 0.0 % 100.0 %
------------------------ -------- -------- --------
Summary Total 0.2 % 0.0 % 1499.8 %
Average 0.0 % 0.0 % 100.0 %

must begin with "Engine 0" and must finish when match the string "Average"

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What condition to be put in the while loop?

i have got a file where the env command is appended 5 times. i have to now look for the username and display it in the form of 1) PWD=/home/lee.ballancore 2) USER=lee.ballancore 3) MAIL=/var/spool/mail/lee.ballancore 4) LOGNAME=lee.ballancore 5) HOME=/home/lee.ballancore 6)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nehaquick
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i put the condition in for loop for the below.

i have the equation like below 07:35:07 ( AB : 2319f.ab * 22) + ( AB : 2320f.ab * 22.03 ) + ( AB :2321f.ab * 22.07 ) ...... N i want put ":" as a delimiter and break the equation like below 2319f.ab * 22 2320f.ab *22.03 2321f.ab * 22.07 . . N i know the number of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

condition inside a for loop

I have a for loop in my script as shown below. for file_path in $file_list ; do ........my code .......... ...... done Can i restrict the number of files parsing to the variable file_path as 50? That is, even if I have some 100 files in file_list, I need to take only 50 files for... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vijay06
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

if condition in a while loop

Gurus, I need to read a line from a file and strip the characters from it and compare the stripped value with the value I pass to the script while executing it. Below is the code for the same. But when i execute the code, it is throwing an error. #!/bin/ksh . /home/.i_env ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use of -z in while loop condition

Hi, Could you please tell what is the meaning of -z in while loop condition. For example, while ; do echo "*** Enter the age " readage (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidyaj
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

While loop only if a condition is met

All, I wrote the following section of code (which logically in PHP would of worked): tmpPATH=${1} tmpTAG=${2} if then while read tmpTAG tmpPATH do fi echo $tmpTAG echo $tmpPATH if then done < ./config.cfg fi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cranie
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Case loop condition

hello, I would like to do exit at the end ie list all errors before exiting How to put the token exit in a variable with a loop ? Thanks function g1 () { case "$1" in (-0-0 | -0-1 | -0-2 | -0-3 | -1-0 | -1-1 | -1-2 | -1-3) # nothing, OK ! ;; (*) echo 'Fatal, $1 = '"'$1'"', Date... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: amazigh42
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

While Loop with if else condition

Hi, I was trying to write a shell script which reads csv file and sends mail in html format along with tables. Hope i have completed 1st part , but while sending mail i was trying to highlight some rows in the table based on the egrep outcome. If the string exists in line/INPUT, i am trying to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: varmas424
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check two condition in while loop

Hi, I Have to check two condition in while loop every 2 minutes. while loop is accompanied with number of times it will check.Please help in putting the two condition in while loop as appropriate. z= input value, A=1 while do 1.check the file output,if the file output is N then keep on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: netdbaind
2 Replies
IO::Async::Test(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      IO::Async::Test(3pm)

NAME
"IO::Async::Test" - utility functions for use in test scripts SYNOPSIS
use Test::More tests => 1; use IO::Async::Test; use IO::Async::Loop; my $loop = IO::Async::Loop->new; testing_loop( $loop ); my $result; $loop->do_something( some => args, on_done => sub { $result = the_outcome; } ); wait_for { defined $result }; is( $result, what_we_expected, 'The event happened' ); ... my $buffer = ""; my $handle = IO::Handle-> ... wait_for_stream { length $buffer >= 10 } $handle => $buffer; is( substr( $buffer, 0, 10, "" ), "0123456789", 'Buffer was correct' ); DESCRIPTION
This module provides utility functions that may be useful when writing test scripts for code which uses "IO::Async" (as well as being used in the "IO::Async" test scripts themselves). Test scripts are often synchronous by nature; they are a linear sequence of actions to perform, interspersed with assertions which check for given conditions. This goes against the very nature of "IO::Async" which, being an asynchronisation framework, does not provide a linear stepped way of working. In order to write a test, the "wait_for" function provides a way of synchronising the code, so that a given condition is known to hold, which would typically signify that some event has occured, the outcome of which can now be tested using the usual testing primitives. Because the primary purpose of "IO::Async" is to provide IO operations on filehandles, a great many tests will likely be based around connected pipes or socket handles. The "wait_for_stream" function provides a convenient way to wait for some content to be written through such a connected stream. FUNCTIONS
testing_loop( $loop ) Set the "IO::Async::Loop" object which the "wait_for" function will loop on. wait_for( $condfunc ) Repeatedly call the "loop_once" method on the underlying loop (given to the "testing_loop" function), until the given condition function callback returns true. To guard against stalled scripts, if the loop indicates a timeout for 10 consequentive seconds, then an error is thrown. wait_for_stream( $condfunc, $handle, $buffer ) As "wait_for", but will also watch the given IO handle for readability, and whenever it is readable will read bytes in from it into the given buffer. The buffer is NOT initialised when the function is entered, in case data remains from a previous call. $buffer can also be a CODE reference, in which case it will be invoked being passed data read from the handle, whenever it is readable. AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2012-10-24 IO::Async::Test(3pm)