Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Rpm packaging on Suse Linux
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Rpm packaging on Suse Linux Post 302496438 by dirshah on Monday 14th of February 2011 05:11:48 AM
Old 02-14-2011
Rpm packaging on Suse Linux

Hi All,
I am new to linux. Still I am asked to package a war file as an RPM package. That is an unusual RPM packaging(To me). If you guys could guide me, on how to do that, will be great. I have a war file inside a folder, that folder is inside a tar file as a SOURCE for RPM package. The structure is like below.

--RPMS
--SOURCES
--tasmportlets-1.tar.gz(its a tar file)
--tasmportlets-1(its a folder)
--tasmportlets.war
--BUILD
--SPECS
--mySpecs.spec
--SRPMS

I simply want that the war file from sources is transferred to the web app of my tomcat server through RPM. I try to package it as an RPM, but its always giving me errors in %build stage. When I try to remove %build from stage from the spec file, then it says command missing.

Can anyone please help me here Or point me in the right direction? An example will be great.

My system details are:
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 (x86_64)
VERSION = 10
PATCHLEVEL = 1
LSB_VERSION="core-2.0-noarch:core-3.0-noarch:core-2.0-x86_64:core-3.0-x86_64"

Thanks in advance.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

RPM Packaging doubt!

Hi, I need to create an RPM package for my java application. Already build package for that application avail;able. I need to create binary RPM package for my java application. For that in spec file, do I need to write any script kind of thing to install my package. any one have idea... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ram.sj
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

build rpm with SPEC file for packaging .jar and some .sh files..

Good day people, Hereby wish to have your advise for below: I have some .jar files, some script files (install.sh, action.sh) , and a libaes.so file. Basically, the .jar files compute the operation of my system and define the working directory for my system. My current scenario: i trigger... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cielle
1 Replies

3. Linux

rpm packaging issue for unixodbc driver manager

Hi All, I am trying to make rpm package for unixODBC driver manager 2.3.0 using below spec file. During rpmbuild i am getting the error. Can you pls advice how we can overcome this issue %define name unixODBC %define ver 2.3.0 %define prefix /usr %define sysconfdir /etc %define libdir... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

RPM packaging a directory of files

Hi, I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction I have a requirement to distribute a set of admin scripts that currently sit in an SVN repo by packaging them up in an RPM so that they can me unpacked to the correct location by simply installing the package .. e.g. 'yum install... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
0 Replies
dtc_install_centos(8)					      System Manager's Manual					     dtc_install_centos(8)

NAME
dtc_install_centos - bootstrap a CentOS install to use in a chroot or VM SYNOPSIS
dtc_install_centos <install root> <yum environment> DESCRIPTION
This shell script is part of the dtc-xen package, generally to be used by the dtc panel to install a new a Xen VPS server. This script is called by dtc_reinstall_os when the user chooses to install the CentOS operating system. How it works: it generates a temporary yum configuration in the yum environment directory, that directs yum to act inside the install root instead of in the base system; then it kindly requests yum to install the basesystem, centos-release and yum packages onto it. Yum then uses the configuration to download the required (usually, security-updated) packages and then perform the RPM installation process under the install root. It requires both RPM and yum. It does work under Debian (it was developed in Ubuntu first). It should also work on RPM-based systems without destroying the system-wide RPM and yum configurations. OPTION
<install root> Target directory where CentOS will be deployed. Must exist beforehand. <yum environment> Directory where yum will store the repository manifests and configuration. Will be automatically created. Cached RPMs and manifests will be left, as usual, in a directory var/cache/yum inside the install root. EXAMPLE
dtc_install_centos /root/yum /xen/13 This will setup the operating system in /xen/13, with the CentOS configuration folder in /root/yum. BUGS
It's limited to CentOS 5 at the moment. It must be run as root. Under some circumstances, the installation process itself may kill processes running on the host machine. The chroot yum does should be sufficient to avoid this, but we haven't been able, yet, to ascertain why this fails sometimes. SEE ALSO
dtc_reinstall_os(8) VERSION
This documentation describes dtc_install_os version 0.3.1. See http://www.gplhost.com/software-dtc-xen.html for updates. dtc_install_centos(8)