Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need SQL output without the header. Post 302496313 by durden_tyler on Sunday 13th of February 2011 02:31:49 PM
Old 02-13-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by yinyuemi
Code:
awk '{print $(NF-1),$NF}'

If the employee name comprises of more than two words, then this script won't return the full name!

A better idea might be something like this -

Code:
$
$ echo "Employee_Name--------------------------- Gael Garcia Bernal" | awk '{sub(/^.*-+ /,""); print}'
Gael Garcia Bernal
$
$
$ echo "Employee_Name--------------------------- Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec" | awk '{sub(/^.*-+ /,""); print}'
Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec
$
$

tyler_durden

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with header of sql

i have this script here.. text=/d:/...../1.txt ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus -S............ ................................................... spool $text; select item || '|' || ord_no || '|' || price || '|' || from order_table The output header of this spooled data will be ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevercalz
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting the column header in the output !

i have a script that access the database and then returns some row. but in the command prompt it it not showing the column header. how to get that ? below the script: ------------------------------------------------------------------------ #!/bin/ksh .... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract header from top command output

hi, I want to extract and save the cpu(s) information from top command output, but individual cpu statistics separately on a multi-processor machine. In command line, top will show this statistics when we press the switch "1". any ideas? thanks, meharo (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meharo
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Add Table with Header for Shell Output

I have a Script that generates 3 columns of the result. The line script is /usr/xpg4/bin/awk -F' ' '{print $1 /t $2}' File_Name | awk -F'>' '{print $2}' | cut -d'<' -f1 | sort -rn | uniq -c The output of the Command is : Code.500 4 Input Error Code.404 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghunsi
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk script to run a sql and print the output to an output file

Hi All, I have around 900 Select Sql's which I would like to run in an awk script and print the output of those sql's in an txt file. Can you anyone pls let me know how do I do it and execute the awk script? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adept
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting sql header from the script

i have the SQL as mentioned below. i put this sql in a file and calling from the script and output of SQL has been redirected to a file. but when i open the sql output file i dont see the header in sql output. how can i get the header also ? ==== SELECT RATE_CODE,NAME, CTR,TYPE ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulate all rows except header, but header should be output as well

Hello There... I have a sample input file .. number:department:amount 125:Market:125.23 126:Hardware store:434.95 127:Video store:7.45 128:Book store:14.32 129:Gasolline:16.10 I will be doing some manipulations on all the records except the header, but the header should always be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: juzz4fun
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display header in script output

Hi -- Working on my own through the book "Learning the KornShell and came to task 4-1, which there is: a script "highest" and it will sort an "album" file. highest filename The author mentions adding a header line to the scripts output if the user types in the -h option. It says "assume the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Decoy Octopus88
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing multiple sql queries output into variable by running sql command only once

Hi All, I want to run multiple sql queries and store the data in variable but i want to use sql command only once. Is there a way without running sql command twice and storing.Please advise. Eg : Select 'Query 1 output' from dual; Select 'Query 2 output' from dual; I want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rokkesh
3 Replies
mdbFontEncoding(5)						 The m17n Library						mdbFontEncoding(5)

NAME
mdbFontEncoding - Font Encoding DESCRIPTION
The m17n library loads information about the encoding of each font form the m17n database by the tags <font, encoding>. The data is loaded as a plist of this format. FONT-ENCODING ::= PER-FONT * PER-FONT ::= '(' FONT-SPEC ENCODING [ REPERTORY ] ')' FONT-SPEC ::= '(' [ FOUNDRY FAMILY [ WEIGHT [ STYLE [ STRETCH [ ADSTYLE ]]]]] REGISTRY ')' ENCODING ::= SYMBOL FONT-SPEC is to specify properties of a font. FOUNDRY to REGISTRY are symbols corresponding to Mfoundry to Mregistry property of a font. See m17nFont for the meaning of each property. For instance, this FONT-SPEC: (nil alice0 lao iso8859-1) should be applied to all fonts whose family name is 'alice0 lao', and registry is 'iso8859-1'. ENCODING is a symbol representing a charset. A font matching FONT-SPEC supports all characters of the charset, and a character code is mapped to the corresponding glyph code of the font by this charset. REPERTORY is a symbol representing a charset or 'nil'. Omitting it is the same as specifying ENCODING as REPERTORY. If it is not 'nil', the charset specifies the repertory of the font, i.e, which character it supports. Otherwise, whether a specific character is supported by the font or not is asked to each font driver. For so called Unicode fonts (registry is 'iso10646-1'), it is recommended to specify 'nil' as REPERTORY because such fonts usually supports only a subset of Unicode characters. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001 Information-technology Promotion Agency (IPA) Copyright (C) 2001-2011 National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST) Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html>. Version 1.6.2 12 Jan 2011 mdbFontEncoding(5)