Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed to insert a separator
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed to insert a separator Post 302495787 by malts18 on Friday 11th of February 2011 07:58:48 AM
Old 02-11-2011
sed to insert a separator

Merci ctsgnb
Thanks M D
Working fine now !
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you : illness & vacation

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed search and insert

how can i modify a file using sed when searching for a pattern and insert newline after the pattern? pattern example: $ ...(any characters)...$ $ may082001.../tmp/msg.001,,$ REPT CLEAR ALARMS ON UNIT 1 $ may082001.../tmp/msg.002,,$ UNIT 1 IN SERVICE into: $... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apalex
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Insert Text With Sed

Hello. Trying to insert text at line 1 and after last line of file. I have searched posts but nothing seems to work. I keep getting extra characters error or nothing gets inserted into the file. #!/bin/sh touch textfile.txt sed 'i\ Add this line before every line with WORD' textfile.txt ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: steveramsey
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: how to insert tab?

Hi, I'm using the following to insert lines into file: sed ${rowNr}i'\ first row\ second row\ third row\ ' file.txt How can I add tab in front of each added line? "\t" or actual TAB does not seem to work? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Juha
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to change date separator with sed

Hi there I am trying to convert some date seperators in a large newline delimited file. each line i am interested in has a date in the format 27/05/2009 all I want is to convert the slashes to tildes(~) I have come up with the following code but it does nothing. sed... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RadRod
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sed - Get Separator From String

Hi All, I have the following data in a korn shell variable: a="FirstValue|SecondValue|ThirdValue" The value between "FirstValue", "SecondValue" and "ThirdValue" can change, in this case is a comma: "," and I need to print it only once. I need to know what is the separator value. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: felipe.vinturin
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed find and insert

Hi All I'm trying to insert a pattern if a pattern is found in a file. This is my sample file "PDA"|"Celvin"|"PRJ_NA"|"Completion_Units"|25 "PDA"|"Celvin"|"PRJ_AB"|"Completion_Units"|250 I would like to output as "PDA"|"Celvin"|"PRJ_NA"|"Completion_Units"|"Done"|25... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Celvin VK
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - insert two lines

I have done this sed command to insert one line after a specific string is found: sed '/patternstring/ a\ new line string' file1 But how do I insert two lines? This is not possible: sed '/patternstring/ a\ new line string \a new line string 2' file1 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert text using sed

sed 's/$/TEST/g' will insert TEST at the end of each line. i want to insert TEST at column 64 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawsongeek
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to insert a character

Hi all, I have a file like this Q8N302 21-84 Q8N157 15-45 Q99996 167-201 202-251 269-318 I want to insert a character or space if the line starts with a number and I used the command sed 's/^/#/' But in the output file, when it inserts this character, first digit in the number is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaav06
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed multilines + separator confusion !!

Hi Seders, i am new to this forum, but i think it's quite the best place to post. So, here is my pb : I have a csv file, with comma separator and text enclosed by ". First pb is with text in " ......... ", wich sometimes includes lines break, and commas And to complicate a little more,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogeek
4 Replies
Verp(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						 Verp(3pm)

NAME
Mail::Verp - encodes and decodes Variable Envelope Return Paths (VERP) addresses. SYNOPSIS
use Mail::Verp; #Using class methods #Change separator to something else Mail::Verp->separator('+'); #Create a VERP envelope sender of an email to recipient@example.net. my $verp_email = Mail::Verp->encode('sender@example.com', 'recipient@example.net'); #If a bounce comes back, decode $verp_email to figure out #the original recipient of the bounced mail. my ($sender, $recipient) = Mail::Verp->decode($verp_email); #Using instance methods my $verp = Mail::Verp->new(separator => '+'); #Create a VERP envelope sender of an email to recipient@example.net. my $verp_email = $verp->encode('sender@example.com', 'recipient@example.net'); #Decode a bounce my ($sender, $recipient) = $verp->decode($verp_email); ABSTRACT
Mail::Verp encodes and decodes Variable Envelope Return Paths (VERP) email addresses. DESCRIPTION
Mail::Verp encodes the address of an email recipient into the envelope sender address so that a bounce can be more easily handled even if the original recipient is forwarding their mail to another address and the remote Mail Transport Agents send back unhelpful bounce messages. The module can also be used to decode bounce recipient addresses. FUNCTIONS
new() Primarily useful to save typing. So instead of typing "Mail::Verp" you can say my $x = Mail::Verp->new; then use $x whereever "Mail::Verp" is usually required. Accepts an optional "separator" argument for changing the separator, which defaults to hyphen '-'. The value can also be changed using the "separator" accessor. my $x = Mail::Verp->new(separator => '+'); encode(LOCAL-ADDRESS, REMOTE-ADDRESS) Encodes LOCAL-ADDRESS, REMOTE-ADDRESS into a verped address suitable for use as an envelope return address. It may also be useful to use the same address in Errors-To and Reply-To headers to compensate for broken Mail Transport Agents. Uses current separator value. decode(VERPED-ADDRESS) Decodes VERPED-ADDRESS into its constituent parts. Returns LOCAL-ADDRESS and REMOTE-ADDRESS in list context, REMOTE-ADDRESS in scalar context. Returns VERPED-ADDRESS if the decoding fails. Uses current separator value. separator Returns current value of the VERP "separator" separator(SEPARATOR) Sets new value for VERP "separator" and returns the previous value. EXPORT None. SEE ALSO
DJ Bernstein details verps here: http://cr.yp.to/proto/verp.txt. Sam Varshavchik proposes an encoding here: http://www.courier-mta.org/draft-varshavchik-verp-smtpext.txt. AUTHOR
Gyepi Sam <gyepi@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2007 by Gyepi Sam This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.0 2008-05-26 Verp(3pm)