Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: iSCSI troubleshooting
Operating Systems AIX iSCSI troubleshooting Post 302495543 by oldmanjoe on Thursday 10th of February 2011 02:08:49 PM
Old 02-10-2011
iSCSI troubleshooting

I have an Equallogic SAN that I connect to from AIX (as well as Windows)

I had configured the connection and created the volumes and filesystems and all was working great.

Then one day, no communication between the SAN and the AIX (I can ping though) Anything I do on the AIX box at this time just struggles as it must be trying to talk with the SAN, but apparently unable.

Logging into the SAN from a Windows box tells me the SAN is functioning properly. However, I see that the AIX is no longer logged into the SAN. Now AIX still thinks it has the disk, VG, and filesystems are all there, but cannot communicate with them.

At that point, how do I force the AIX to retry the login to get it to re-establish the connection to the SAN?

Also, any ideas what would cause the loss off connection?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

iSCSI speed problems

Hi all. I was able to set up an IBM Ultrium LTO 4 tape drive to use iSCSI (using open-iscsi drivers) to communicate with Red Hat, but it's going really slow, maxing out in tar and dd tests at like 16 MB/s (using a block size of 128k). The thing is rated for 30MB/s. I feel like even though I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeriryan87
1 Replies

2. AIX

iscsi & LVM

Hi Everyone, I would like to know if its possible to create a 2 copy mirror using LVM with 1 member a FC attached disk and the other an iscsi disk. Will LVM let me mirror to two different disk types? I know there will be issues doing this however it is only a short term solution until we... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bizman
1 Replies

3. AIX

iSCSI Configuration help

I just reloaded an IBM P-Series with AIX 5.3 and would like to configure iscsi, can someone point me in the right direction to obtaining the initiator node name? I ran lsattr -El iscsi0 - but the name that is displayed is not the correct name. I read somewhere the default node name is not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 10/08 sparc + iSCSI

hi, I have installed Solaris 10 10/08 on sparc machine. I would like to configure iSCSI on that to mount SAN Volumes. Is there any need to install any additional patches for iSCSI to work. Thanks, Prashant. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashantbhushan
4 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

iSCSI

I have configured iSCSI on server with linux running on it . On APPLE I have downloaded gloablSAN. When globalSAN is started ,it asks for target IP . I have given target IP . It has detected the disks . But when i use "disk utilities " , here the ISCSI disk are not displayed. except the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepreddy
0 Replies

6. AIX

Help growing iscsi lun

Hi, I have an iSCSI LUN of 200GB. I increased it to 250GB and when I try to increase the size of the vg, I'm getting an error that none of the volumes have increased in size. How can I get the OS to see the additional 50GB? ---------- Post updated at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous update... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
9 Replies

7. Linux

AoE, iscsi and storage

Hi guys, I'd like to share experiences and knowledge about what should I use to install on a new storage server (with a lot of disks) in my network. What I want, is to move all domU's storage to this new storage server with AoE, iscsi or another thing. question: 1. Should I install openfiler or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iga3725
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change ethernet cable of iscsi initiator (iscsi client)?

how to change ethernet cable of iscsi initiator (iscsi client) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajd
0 Replies

9. Solaris

ISCSI best practice question

Hello. I'm a noob, but have managed to get to the point of Solaris storage server running 4 X 3Tb in a RAIDZ pool. My current system is sharing via SMB a few different ZFS devices (puddle/TV, puddle/Movies, puddle/Music, etc). My main server is going to be OSX, Mountain Lion. What I have set... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BillyPrefect
4 Replies

10. HP-UX

ISCSI initiator (client) for HP-UX 10.20

Is there one? If so where can it be found? I have the 10.20 CD set but I don't think that there's an iSCSI initiator on there. Thank you Dave (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: perdrix
0 Replies
gnutls_x509_crt_get_subject_alt_name(3) 			      gnutls				   gnutls_x509_crt_get_subject_alt_name(3)

NAME
gnutls_x509_crt_get_subject_alt_name - API function SYNOPSIS
#include <gnutls/x509.h> int gnutls_x509_crt_get_subject_alt_name(gnutls_x509_crt_t cert, unsigned int seq, void * san, size_t * san_size, unsigned int * critical); ARGUMENTS
gnutls_x509_crt_t cert should contain a gnutls_x509_crt_t structure unsigned int seq specifies the sequence number of the alt name (0 for the first one, 1 for the second etc.) void * san is the place where the alternative name will be copied to size_t * san_size holds the size of san. unsigned int * critical will be non-zero if the extension is marked as critical (may be null) DESCRIPTION
This function retrieves the Alternative Name (2.5.29.17), contained in the given certificate in the X509v3 Certificate Extensions. When the SAN type is otherName, it will extract the data in the otherName's value field, and GNUTLS_SAN_OTHERNAME is returned. You may use gnutls_x509_crt_get_subject_alt_othername_oid() to get the corresponding OID and the "virtual" SAN types (e.g., GNUTLS_SAN_OTHERNAME_XMPP). If an otherName OID is known, the data will be decoded. Otherwise the returned data will be DER encoded, and you will have to decode it yourself. Currently, only the RFC 3920 id-on-xmppAddr SAN is recognized. RETURNS
the alternative subject name type on success, one of the enumerated gnutls_x509_subject_alt_name_t. It will return GNUTLS_E_SHORT_MEM- ORY_BUFFER if san_size is not large enough to hold the value. In that case san_size will be updated with the required size. If the cer- tificate does not have an Alternative name with the specified sequence number then GNUTLS_E_REQUESTED_DATA_NOT_AVAILABLE is returned. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-gnutls@gnu.org>. General guidelines for reporting bugs: http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/ GnuTLS home page: http://www.gnu.org/software/gnutls/ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2012 Free Software Foundation, Inc.. Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification, are permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright notice and this notice are preserved. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for gnutls is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and gnutls programs are properly installed at your site, the command info gnutls should give you access to the complete manual. As an alternative you may obtain the manual from: http://www.gnu.org/software/gnutls/manual/ gnutls 3.1.15 gnutls_x509_crt_get_subject_alt_name(3)