Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: iSCSI troubleshooting
Operating Systems AIX iSCSI troubleshooting Post 302495543 by oldmanjoe on Thursday 10th of February 2011 02:08:49 PM
Old 02-10-2011
iSCSI troubleshooting

I have an Equallogic SAN that I connect to from AIX (as well as Windows)

I had configured the connection and created the volumes and filesystems and all was working great.

Then one day, no communication between the SAN and the AIX (I can ping though) Anything I do on the AIX box at this time just struggles as it must be trying to talk with the SAN, but apparently unable.

Logging into the SAN from a Windows box tells me the SAN is functioning properly. However, I see that the AIX is no longer logged into the SAN. Now AIX still thinks it has the disk, VG, and filesystems are all there, but cannot communicate with them.

At that point, how do I force the AIX to retry the login to get it to re-establish the connection to the SAN?

Also, any ideas what would cause the loss off connection?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

iSCSI speed problems

Hi all. I was able to set up an IBM Ultrium LTO 4 tape drive to use iSCSI (using open-iscsi drivers) to communicate with Red Hat, but it's going really slow, maxing out in tar and dd tests at like 16 MB/s (using a block size of 128k). The thing is rated for 30MB/s. I feel like even though I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeriryan87
1 Replies

2. AIX

iscsi & LVM

Hi Everyone, I would like to know if its possible to create a 2 copy mirror using LVM with 1 member a FC attached disk and the other an iscsi disk. Will LVM let me mirror to two different disk types? I know there will be issues doing this however it is only a short term solution until we... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bizman
1 Replies

3. AIX

iSCSI Configuration help

I just reloaded an IBM P-Series with AIX 5.3 and would like to configure iscsi, can someone point me in the right direction to obtaining the initiator node name? I ran lsattr -El iscsi0 - but the name that is displayed is not the correct name. I read somewhere the default node name is not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 10/08 sparc + iSCSI

hi, I have installed Solaris 10 10/08 on sparc machine. I would like to configure iSCSI on that to mount SAN Volumes. Is there any need to install any additional patches for iSCSI to work. Thanks, Prashant. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashantbhushan
4 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

iSCSI

I have configured iSCSI on server with linux running on it . On APPLE I have downloaded gloablSAN. When globalSAN is started ,it asks for target IP . I have given target IP . It has detected the disks . But when i use "disk utilities " , here the ISCSI disk are not displayed. except the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepreddy
0 Replies

6. AIX

Help growing iscsi lun

Hi, I have an iSCSI LUN of 200GB. I increased it to 250GB and when I try to increase the size of the vg, I'm getting an error that none of the volumes have increased in size. How can I get the OS to see the additional 50GB? ---------- Post updated at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous update... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
9 Replies

7. Linux

AoE, iscsi and storage

Hi guys, I'd like to share experiences and knowledge about what should I use to install on a new storage server (with a lot of disks) in my network. What I want, is to move all domU's storage to this new storage server with AoE, iscsi or another thing. question: 1. Should I install openfiler or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iga3725
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change ethernet cable of iscsi initiator (iscsi client)?

how to change ethernet cable of iscsi initiator (iscsi client) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajd
0 Replies

9. Solaris

ISCSI best practice question

Hello. I'm a noob, but have managed to get to the point of Solaris storage server running 4 X 3Tb in a RAIDZ pool. My current system is sharing via SMB a few different ZFS devices (puddle/TV, puddle/Movies, puddle/Music, etc). My main server is going to be OSX, Mountain Lion. What I have set... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BillyPrefect
4 Replies

10. HP-UX

ISCSI initiator (client) for HP-UX 10.20

Is there one? If so where can it be found? I have the 10.20 CD set but I don't think that there's an iSCSI initiator on there. Thank you Dave (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: perdrix
0 Replies
IETADM(8)							   User Manuals 							 IETADM(8)

NAME
ietadm - iSCSI Enterprise Target Administration Utility. SYNOPSIS
ietadm --op [operation] --tid=[id] [--sid [id]] [--params [key=value,...]] DESCRIPTION
ietadm is used to monitor and modify in real-time the iSCSI Enterprise Target targets and volumes. USAGE
You'll have to get target ids from /proc/net/iet/volumes and sessions ids from /proc/net/iet/session. Some usage examples can be : ietadm --op show --tid=1 display status of target 1 (see /proc/net/iet/volumes to get the matching target name) ietadm --op new --tid=2 create dynamically a new target, numbered 2. CAUTION : the target will disappear if you restart ietd, you'll have to edit /etc/ietd.conf to make it permanent! ERROR MESSAGES
ietadm misses error messages. Look carefully at the STDERR output : in case of error it will send a 3 number error code, ending with -1, for instance : ietd_request 203 3 -1 OPTIONS
--op new --tid=[id] --params Name=[name] add a new target with [id]. If [id] is zero, the lowest free [id] is allocated automatically to the new target. --op delete --tid=[id] delete specific target with [id]. The target must have no active sessions. --op show --tid=[id] show target parameters of target with [id]. --op show --tid=[id] --sid=[sid] show iSCSI parameters in effect for session [sid]. If [sid] is "0" (zero), the configured parameters will be displayed. --op new --tid=[id] --lun=[lun] --params Path=[path] add a new logical unit with [lun] to specific target with [id]. The logical unit is offered to the initiators. [path] must be block device files (including LVM and RAID devices) or regular files. --op delete --tid=[id] --lun=[lun] delete specific logical unit with [lun] that the target with [id] has. --op delete --tid=[id] --sid=[sid] --cid=[cid] delete specific connection with [cid] in a session with [sid] that the target with [id] has. If the session has no connections after the operation, the session will be deleted automatically. --op delete stop all activity. --op update --tid=[id] --params=key1=value1,key2=value2,... change iSCSI IET target parameters of specific target with [id]. You can use parameters in ietd.conf as a key. --op update --tid=[id] --redirect=[destination] set a temporary target redirection for target [id]. [destination] MUST be in the form <ip address>:port where :port is optional and if not specified port 3260 is assumed. IPv6 addresses must be surrounded by square brackets, e.g. [<ipv6 address>]:port. If the destination is empty then any existing redirection is cleared. --op new --tid=[id] --user --params=[user]=[name],Password=[pass] add a new account with [pass] for specific target. [user] could be [IncomingUser] or [OutgoingUser]. If you don't specify a target (omit --tid option), you add a new account for discovery sessions. --op show --tid=[id] --user show a list of CHAP accounts. If --tid is omitted or [id] is "0" (zero), discovery accounts are displayed. --op show --tid=[id] --user --params=[user]=[name] show CHAP account information for the account specified by [name]. [user] can be [IncomingUser] or [OutgoingUser]. If --tid is omitted or [id] is "0" (zero), [name] is supposed to be a discovery account name. --op delete --tid=[id] --user --params=[user]=[name] delete specific account having [name] of specific target. [user] could be [IncomingUser] or [OutgoingUser]. If you don't specify a target (omit --tid option), you delete the account for discovery sessions. --version display version and exit --help display a list of available options and exits KNOWN ISSUES
o ietdadm doesn't return any human-readable error message, only error codes. o ietadm doesn't modify or read the /etc/ietd.conf ietd configuration file. o ietadm can't use target names or aliases, only the tid found in /proc/net/iet/volumes. o /proc/net/iet/session may list inactive sessions if the initiator doesn't logout properly. Report bugs to <iscsitarget-devel@sourceforge.net>. FILES
/proc/net/iet/session, /proc/net/iet/volumes SEE ALSO
ietd(8),ietd.conf(5) iSCSI Enterprise Target admin 2006-06-06 IETADM(8)