Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help in ANACONDA-ks.cfg
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Help in ANACONDA-ks.cfg Post 302495479 by fpmurphy on Thursday 10th of February 2011 11:09:40 AM
Old 02-10-2011
Quote:
ya. i have read that chaptr but still not awar how to handle signal event in e-smith directory. please explain.
First of all please use spell words fully and use proper english.

Second, you still have not told us exactly what you want to do in the post install processing section of KS. You allude to a signal event in an e-emith directory. Kickstart does not handle signals so I assume you are talking about a script of some sort. Please clearly state what you are trying to achieve in the %post section.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Anaconda Exception: parserError: xmlParseMemory() failed

Any idea what this error meant? I got this error "Anaconda Exception: parserError: xmlParseMemory() failed" while performing kickstart. My linux distro is a redhat4. Thank You. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: etcpasswd
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to config ks.cfg for install another progra.

i create ks.cfg for automatic install for centos 5.2 it's work perfectky for cutom install linux package. and i want to install another program with shell scripts (assume test.tar include in DVD linux custom package)** single dvd include linux os and test.tar sample #!/bin/bash... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slackman
1 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

My Context Free Grammar (CFG)

I don't know how to delete this thread. Admin/Mod, Please delete this thread. Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cyansnow
0 Replies

4. BSD

configure /usr/local/etc/be-agent.cfg

hi Howto configure Ralus at /usr/local/etc/be-agent.cfg on freeBSD 7.0 for Backup Exec 9.1? I've tried the following: # cat /usr/local/etc/be-agent.cfg name bsd.domain export / as root export /usr as usr export /var as var export /tmp as tmp force_address 10.10.1.50 tell... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with dynamic configure cfg files

hi; i have one configuration file(configuration.cfg),where contents are below.. filename = charge.cfg sectionname = networkid = 1 retrytimes = 2 ------------- -------------- sectionname = networkid = 1 retrytimes = 2 filename = xyz.cfg ------------------ ----------------- There is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryanarayan
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problem creating pxelinux.cfg default file

Hi All, I was trying to create pxelinux.cfg/default file in a script that I use for creating backup of bootimage. cat 2>${BACKUB_BOOTIMAGE_ERRINFO} >${pxelinux_cfg_file} <<EOF prompt 1 timeout 0 display boot.msg label restore kernel kernel append root=/dev/nfs... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pkumar Sachin
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Printing pdf problem using pasta.cfg

hi folks I have issue in printing pdf while using ERP application, it's using pasta utility to print pdf. If i print from command line its successful while when ERP user give print command the printer doesnot print anything rather it gives error which is as follows ESP Ghostscript 815.01:... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: smazshah
12 Replies

8. Red Hat

Kickstart using anaconda-ks.cfg

Heyas I'm trying to build a live image using livecd-tools (livecd-creator), but this time i'd like to reuse the /root/anaconda-ks.cfg. System: Fedora 3.16.7-200.fc20.x86_64 The building starts, the download begins, but it fails with networking. MAIN.ks # Based on: fedora-live-base.ks... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing cisco cfg to export as csv

I have been looking everywhere for a solution and it seems as though awk may do the trick. I am very much a newbie in the awk scripting world but it seems to appear one of the best text parsing tools from what I've read on this forum. Scenario: I have about 50 cisco config files randomly... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: djzah
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sudo reads password from a .cfg file

cleanwork /saswork removes sas orphanded processes in the saswork directory. Subdirectories under sasem are sas94, sas92 and sasworks . I am getting the following error messages: 1. '/usr/bin/sudo -S apt-get update <~/opt/SiM/pos/ps/db_auth.cfg... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dellanicholson
4 Replies
stopped(7)						 Miscellaneous Information Manual						stopped(7)

NAME
stopped - event signalling that a job has stopped SYNOPSIS
stopped JOB=JOB INSTANCE=INSTANCE RESULT=RESULT [PROCESS=PROCESS] [EXIT_STATUS=STATUS] [EXIT_SIGNAL=SIGNAL] [ENV]... DESCRIPTION
The stopped event is generated by the Upstart init(8) daemon when an instance of a job has stopped. The JOB environment variable contains the job name, and the INSTANCE environment variable contains the instance name which will be empty for single-instance jobs. If the job was stopped normally, the RESULT environment variable will be ok, otherwise if the job was stopped because it has failed it will be failed. When the job has failed, the process that failed will be given in the PROCESS environment variable. This may be pre-start, post-start, main, pre-stop or post-stop; it may also be the special value respawn to indicate that the job was stopped because it hit the respawn limit. Finally in the case of a failed job, one of either EXIT_STATUS or EXIT_SIGNAL may be given to indicate the cause of the stop. Either EXIT_STATUS will contain the exit status code of the process, or EXIT_SIGNAL will contain the name of the signal that the process received. The normal exit job configuration stanza can be used to prevent particular exit status values or signals resulting in a failed job, see init(5) for more information. If neither EXIT_STATUS or EXIT_SIGNAL is given for a failed process, it is because the process failed to spawn (for example, file not found). See the system logs for the error. init(8) emits this event as an informational signal, services and tasks started or stopped by this event will do so in parallel with other activity. It is typically combined with the starting(7) event by services when inserting themselves as a dependency. Job configuration files may use the export stanza to export environment variables from their own environment into the stopped event. See init(5) for more details. EXAMPLE
A service that wishes to be running whenever another service would be running, started before and stopped after it, might use: start on starting apache stop on stopped apache A task that must be run after another task or service has been stopped might use: start on stopped postgresql SEE ALSO
starting(7) started(7) stopping(7) init(5) Upstart 2009-07-09 stopped(7)