Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Encrypted script not working
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Encrypted script not working Post 302495445 by Perderabo on Thursday 10th of February 2011 09:50:48 AM
Old 02-10-2011
You don't say what effect you get. Nor do you say what os you are using. One thing that comes to mind is that tr statement will not work with the old version of tr. On Solaris 10:

Code:
$ echo 'rpub "Tbbq zbeavat"' | tr 'a-zA-Z' 'n-za-mN-ZA-M'
rpub "Tbbq zbenvnt"
$ echo 'rpub "Tbbq zbeavat"' | tr '[a-z][A-Z]' '[n-z][a-m][N-Z][A-M]'
echo "Good morning"
$

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Execute shell or script encrypted

Hi. I want to execute a script when it's encrypted with "crypt". I tried with "sh <script_crypted>", but it's incorrect because the commands into "script" can not be executed because they are encrypted. :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hilsie
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing an encrypted script

Can we execute an encrypted shell script . I encrypted a shell scripts with crypt with keys and tried to execute it it gave me segmentation faul?? Can somebody answer this one please?? If we can is there any settings i need to change?? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajnabi
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script not working..."sort" not working properly....

Hello all, I have a file - 12.txt cat 12.txt =============================================== Number of executions = 2 Total execution time (sec.ms) = 0.009883 Number of executions = 8 Total execution time (sec.ms) = 0.001270 Number of... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahulpict
23 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

gzip and encrypted in a shl script

After I move the file to a directory, I need to gzip and encrypted. I never do this in a shl script, I do it from the command line and it works.. cd /home/nelnet spinel:/home/nelnet$ gpg -e 2010_11_07_05_11_xxxxxx_bills.dat.gz `/home/nelnet/.gnupg/gpg.conf' `/home/nelnet/.gnupg/gpg.conf'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rechever
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script is not working from cron while working manually

Hello, I am facing a very strange problem when I run my script manuallu ./Fetchcode which is using to connect with MKS integrity from linux end it workks fine but when I run it from cron it doesn't work.Can someone help me 1) How could I check my script when it is running from cron like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

run vi/vim encrypted shell script without decryption on multiple servers

Hello Everyone, How do we run vi/vim encrypted shell script without decryption on multiple servers. It is a simple bash script and vim -nx <filename> has been used to encrypt with desired password. Now I have few errors, the syntax is absolutely fine as I have run that script multiple times on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovesaikrishna
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script not working in cron but working fine manually

Help. My script is working fine when executed manually but the cron seems not to catch up the command when registered. The script is as follow: #!/bin/sh for file in file_1.txt file_2.txt file_3.txt do awk '{ print "0" }' $file > tmp.tmp mv tmp.tmp $file done And the cron... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jasperux
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execute a encrypted shell script

Hi All, I have a shell script test.sh. I encrypted it using the command vi -x test.sh , and protected it with a password to view the file. When i tried to execute the file with ./test.sh..It is trying to execute the encrypted file but not he original one. Can someone help me with how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pracheth
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encrypted password in script

How to keep encrypted password in a shell script.? I have the file which has the following: a.sh ----- username=abc password=abc I will be using this username and password in another script. But I don't want to reveal the password in the script. How to keep the password... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanvel
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass an argument to encrypted script having openssl ?

Hi, can it be possible to pass and argument to an encrypted script? for example.. Say I have this script which takes one input.. > cat aa #!/bin/ksh UNAME=$1 echo "Hi $UNAME.." > aa TEST Hi TEST.. Now I encrypted this code.. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: akore83
6 Replies
MSSQL_NUM_FIELDS(3)													       MSSQL_NUM_FIELDS(3)

mssql_num_fields - Gets the number of fields in result

SYNOPSIS
int mssql_num_fields (resource $result) DESCRIPTION
mssql_num_fields(3) returns the number of fields in a result set. PARAMETERS
o $result - The result resource that is being evaluated. This result comes from a call to mssql_query(3). RETURN VALUES
Returns the number of fields, as an integer. EXAMPLES
Example #1 mssql_num_fields(3) example <?php // Connect to MSSQL and select the database $link = mssql_connect('KALLESPCSQLEXPRESS', 'sa', 'phpfi'); mssql_select_db('php', $link); // Select some data from our database $data = mssql_query('SELECT [name], [age] FROM [php].[dbo].[persons]'); // Construct a table echo '<table border="1">'; $header = false; // Iterate through returned results while ($row = mssql_fetch_array($data)) { // Build the table header if (!$header) { echo '<thead>'; echo '<tr>'; for ($i = 1; ($i + 1) <= mssql_num_fields($data); ++$i) { echo '<td>' . ucfirst($row[$i]) . '</td>'; } echo '</tr>'; echo '</thead>'; echo '<tbody>'; $header = true; } // Build the row echo '<tr>'; foreach($row as $value) { echo '<td>' . $value . '</td>'; } echo '</tr>'; } // Close table echo '</tbody>'; echo '</table>'; // Clean up mssql_free_result($data); mssql_close($link); ?> SEE ALSO
mssql_query(3), mssql_fetch_field(3), mssql_num_rows(3). PHP Documentation Group MSSQL_NUM_FIELDS(3)