Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl : merging two arrays on basis of common parameter Post 302495393 by centurion_13 on Thursday 10th of February 2011 05:22:37 AM
Old 02-10-2011
See array1 2nd parameter (if spliting parameter is |_|)
Similarly array2's 1st parameter ( if splitting parameter is |_|)

If this above 2 parameters match put that particular record in array3 in the format shown.

Its basically merging two arrays based on a particular column

Last edited by centurion_13; 02-10-2011 at 06:23 AM.. Reason: missed some data

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging two files with a common column

Hi, I have two files file1 and file2. I have to merge the columns of those two files into file3 based on common column of two files. To be simple. file1: Row-id name1 13456 Rahul 16789 Vishal 18901 Karan file2 : Row-id place 18901 Mumbai ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manneni prakash
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging arrays

Hi all, I need some help in merging arrays. I have two arrays and using korn shell Array1 AB23 AB24 Array2 CD00 CD01 CD02 Elements from array 1 should always alternate with elements of arrays 2 i.e the result should look like AB23CD00 AB24CD01 AB23CD02 Any help is appreciated.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Group on the basis of common text in the square bracket and sorting

File A 99 >ac >ss >juk 70 >acb >defa 90 >ca 100 >aa >abc >bca 85 >cde 81 >ghi >ghij 87 >def >fgh <ijk 89 >fck >ghij >kill >aa The given output shud be 100 >aa >abc >bca 87 >def >fgh <ijk 89 >fck >ghij >kill >aa (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging 2 files based on a common column

Hi All, I do have 2 files file 1 has 4 tab delimited columns 234 a c dfgyu 294 b g fih 302 c h jzh 328 z c san 597 f g son File 2 has 2 tab delimted columns 234 23 302 24 597 24 I want to merge file 2 with file 1 based on the data common in both files which is the first column so... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging CSV fields based on a common field

Hi List, I have two files. File1 contains all of the data I require to be processed, and I need to add another field to this data by matching a common field in File2 and appending a corresponding field to the data in File1 based on the match... So: File 1:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: landossa
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merging tables: identifiying common and unique elements

Hi all, I know how to merge two tables and to remove the duplicated lines based on a field (Column 2) . My next challenge is to be able to identify in a new column those common elements between table A & B, those elements in table A not present in table B and vice versa. A simple count would be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lsantome
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging files with common IDs without JOIN

Hi, I am trying to merge information across 2 files. The first file is a "master" file, with all IDS. File 2 contains a subset of IDs of those in File 1. I would like to match up individuals in File 1 and File 2, and add information in File 2 to that of File 1 if they appear. However, if an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hubleo
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging two files without any common pattern

Hi I have file1 as IJU_NSOMOW; SOWWOD_TWUIQ; and file2 as how are you?; fine there; Now my problem is i need the output file as IJU_NSOMOW; how are you?; SOWWOD_TWUIQ; fine there; (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging 2 Arrays

I am trying to create a script that combines 2 arrays: #!/bin/bash read -a unix #(a c e g) read -a test #(b d f) #now I want to merge ${unix} with ${test}, one after another such that the result would be: (abcdefg) #I've tried quite a few options and can't seem to make it work (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbmitch
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging 2 Arrays in a script

I am creating (with help) my own version of a calculator script that simply merges 2 arrays ( ${a}${b}${a}${b}... etc ) #!/bin/bash echo "Enter the integers you would like to calculate" read -a nums echo "You entered ${#nums} integers" let batch="${#nums}-1" echo "Enter how you want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbmitch
2 Replies
ARRAY_INTERSECT_KEY(3)							 1						    ARRAY_INTERSECT_KEY(3)

array_intersect_key - Computes the intersection of arrays using keys for comparison

SYNOPSIS
array array_intersect_key (array $array1, array $array2, [array $...]) DESCRIPTION
array_intersect_key(3) returns an array containing all the entries of $array1 which have keys that are present in all the arguments. PARAMETERS
o $array1 - The array with master keys to check. o $array2 - An array to compare keys against. o $... - A variable list of arrays to compare. RETURN VALUES
Returns an associative array containing all the entries of $array1 which have keys that are present in all arguments. EXAMPLES
Example #1 array_intersect_key(3) example <?php $array1 = array('blue' => 1, 'red' => 2, 'green' => 3, 'purple' => 4); $array2 = array('green' => 5, 'blue' => 6, 'yellow' => 7, 'cyan' => 8); var_dump(array_intersect_key($array1, $array2)); ?> The above example will output: array(2) { ["blue"]=> int(1) ["green"]=> int(3) } In our example you see that only the keys 'blue' and 'green' are present in both arrays and thus returned. Also notice that the values for the keys 'blue' and 'green' differ between the two arrays. A match still occurs because only the keys are checked. The values returned are those of $array1. The two keys from the key => value pairs are considered equal only if (string) $key1 === (string) $key2 . In other words a strict type check is executed so the string representation must be the same. SEE ALSO
array_diff(3), array_udiff(3), array_diff_assoc(3), array_diff_uassoc(3), array_udiff_assoc(3), array_udiff_uassoc(3), array_diff_key(3), array_diff_ukey(3), array_intersect(3), array_intersect_assoc(3), array_intersect_uassoc(3), array_intersect_ukey(3). PHP Documentation Group ARRAY_INTERSECT_KEY(3)