Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to free a port?
Top Forums Programming How to free a port? Post 302495316 by Corona688 on Wednesday 9th of February 2011 11:44:40 PM
Old 02-10-2011
Without seeing your code I can't guess why it's still open, but something must have been left open somewhere. Remember that, if it's a server socket, you've already bound it and can just accept() new connections without reopening it.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to know whether particular port number is free or not

I wish to know whether a particular port is free or not in my SUN solaris SPARC machine . I wish to use that particular port for one server software. How do I know that. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hitesh Shah
2 Replies

2. Programming

find free port

how can i find whether the particular port is free among certain port numbers like 15000 to 30000 before i connect to the server by assigning the port no for the client (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MKSRaja
0 Replies

3. Solaris

MountPoint / is 8% with 899.49MB free crossing threshold of 10% free

Hi, I have a problem one of the server file system cross the limitation MountPoint / is 8% with 899.49MB free crossing threshold of 10% free out put please help how to resolve this dev/vx/dsk/bootdg/rootvol 9.8G 8.8G 956M 91% / /devices ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriniva0
3 Replies

4. Solaris

How to enable Serial port on ILOM, when Network Port is enabled in parallel

Hi Everyone, In my environment, I have few T5220. On the iLOM Management Card, I have both Network and Serial port are cabled, I don't have any issues while I try to connect using Network Management port, but when I try to connect the serial port for the same server which is actually connected... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
3 Replies

5. IP Networking

Tcp ip port open but no such process (merged: Release A Port)

i want to kill a tcp connection by killing its pid with netstat -an i got the tcp ip connection on port 5914 but when i type ps -a or ps-e there is not such process running on port 5914 is it possible that because i do not log on with proper user account i can not see that process running? (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: alinamadchian
30 Replies

6. Solaris

Cabling and adapters to communicate to service processor serial port from Windows PC with USB port.

Hello, I have an unloaded T5140 machine and want to access the ILOM for the first time and subsequently the network port after that., and then load Solaris 10 the final January 2011 build. The first part is what confuses me -the cabling. I am coming from a Windows machine (w/appropriate... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: joboy
5 Replies

7. Solaris

How to find port number wwn of particular port on dual port HBA,?

please find the below o/p for your reference bash-3.00# fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN: 21000024ff295a34 OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c2 Manufacturer: QLogic Corp. Model: 375-3356-02 Firmware Version: 05.03.02 FCode/BIOS Version: BIOS: 2.02; fcode: 2.01;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
3 Replies
accept(2)							System Calls Manual							 accept(2)

NAME
accept - Accepts a new connection on a socket SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/socket.h> int accept ( int socket, struct sockaddr *address, socklen_t *address_len ); [XNS4.0] The definition of the accept() function in XNS4.0 uses a a size_t data type instead of socklen_t data type as specified in XNS5.0 (the previous definition). [Tru64 UNIX] The following definition of the accept() function does not conform to current standards and is supported only for backward compatibility (see standards(5)): int accept ( int socket, struct sockaddr *address, int *address_len ); STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: accept(): XNS5.0 Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. PARAMETERS
Specifies a file descriptor for the socket that was created with the socket() function, has been bound to an address with the bind() func- tion, and has issued a successful call to the listen() function. Points to a sockaddr structure, the format of which is determined by the domain and by the behavior requested for the socket. The sockaddr structure is an overlay for a sockaddr_in, or sockaddr_un structure, depending on which of the supported address families is active. [Tru64 UNIX] If the compile-time option _SOCKADDR_LEN is defined before the sys/socket.h header file is included, the sockaddr structure takes 4.4BSD behavior, with a field for specifying the length of the socket address. Otherwise, the default 4.3BSD sock- addr structure is used, with the length of the socket address assumed to be 14 bytes or less. You can specify NULL to indicate that the address of the peer is not required. If _SOCKADDR_LEN is defined, the 4.3BSD sockaddr structure is defined with the name osockaddr. Specifies the length of the sockaddr structure pointed to by the address parameter. If the address parameter is NULL then this parameter is ignored. DESCRIPTION
The accept() function extracts the first connection on the queue of pending connections, creates a new socket with the same properties as the specified socket, and allocates a new file descriptor for that socket. If the listen() queue is empty of connection requests, the accept() function blocks a calling socket of the blocking type until a connec- tion is present, or returns an [EWOULDBLOCK] for sockets marked nonblocking. The accepted socket cannot itself accept more connections. The original socket remains open and can accept more connections. NOTES
[Tru64 UNIX] When compiled in the X/Open UNIX environment or the POSIX.1g socket environment, calls to the accept() function are inter- nally renamed by prepending _E to the function name. When you are debugging a module that includes the accept() function and for which _XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED or _POSIX_PII_SOCKET has been defined, use _Eaccept to refer to the accept() call. See standards(5) for further information. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, the accept() function returns the nonnegative socket descriptor of the accepted socket. Additionally, if the address parameter was specified then it places the address of the peer in the sockaddr structure pointed to by the address, and sets the address_len parameter to the length of address. If the accept() function fails, a value of -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
If the accept() function fails, errno may be set to one of the following values: The socket parameter is not valid. A connection has been aborted. The address parameter or address_len parameter is inaccessible or cannot be written. The accept() function was interrupted by a signal that was caught before a valid connection arrived. The socket is not accepting connections. There are too many open file descrip- tors. The maximum number of file descriptors in the system are already open. Insufficient resources are available in the system to com- plete the call. The system was unable to allocate kernel memory to increase the process descriptor table. The available STREAMS resources were insufficient for the operation to complete. The socket parameter refers to a file, not a socket. The referenced socket cannot accept connections. A protocol error occurred. The socket is marked nonblocking, and no connections are present to be accepted. RELATED INFORMATION
Functions: bind(2), connect(2), listen(2), socket(2). Standards: standards(5). delim off accept(2)