Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Passing wildcard parameters to find via a variable Post 302495128 by radoulov on Wednesday 9th of February 2011 11:07:57 AM
Old 02-09-2011
Try to quote the variables:

Code:
FS_ROOT=/home/sysadmin/t
FS_EXCLUDE=( \( -path "$FS_ROOT/dev" -o -path "$FS_ROOT/.*" \) -prune -o )
find "$FS_ROOT" "${FS_EXCLUDE[@]}" -type d -not -perm 2770 -exec chmod 2770 {} \;

If that doesn't work, please post an example:

- sample directory tree
- sample command, the actual and the expected output
This User Gave Thanks to radoulov For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find wildcard .shtml files in wildcard directories and removing them- How's it done?

I'm trying to figure out how to build a small shell script that will find old .shtml files in every /tgp/ directory on the server and delete them if they are older than 10 days... The structure of the paths are like this: /home/domains/www.domain2.com/tgp/ /home/domains/www.domain3.com/tgp/... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neko
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing parameters in script

I have 2 scripts: script1 and script2 Script1 passes 4 parameters to script2 as follows #script1 code ... ... script2 $var1 $var2 $var3 $var4 Script2 uses the export command to know to expect these values #script2 export $1 $2 $3 $4 code ... ... The problem that I am having is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eliguy
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing more than 9 parameters

hi, i am passing around 14 parameters for a script a=$1 b=$2 c=$3 d=$4 e=$5 f=$6 g=$7 h=$8 i=\"${9}\" shift j=\"${1}\" still for j it is displaying the 1st parameter value..how to make it take the 10th parameter (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnat
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing unix variable to oracle parameters

Please help me how to pass some unix vairable to oracle. I have used below , but not displaying passed (inval) value. calling() { sqlplus -s $1/$2@$3 <<EOF begin exec call_sql($4); end; exit EOF } calling user pwd inst value1... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jairaj
17 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing Variable Parameters (C shell)

I am trying to execute a copy command via shell script. However, on occassion, 2 or more files need to copied. How do I code for the multiple arguments? Does it matter how the files are delimited? Example: I have a script to copy files from 1 dir to another called duplicate.csh In most... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: CKT_newbie88
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing a wildcard in a variable

Hi There I am new to scripting and require some assistance please. I am trying to define a variable with a wildcard in a shell script (.ksh) that will be run on AIX 5300-10. The variable I am trying is: FILES=LLA_*.CSVWhen I run the following section of the script: scp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimbojames
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing parameters to the script

how can i make a script to run only when parameters are given, if parameters are not given it should through an error , saying "please enter a parameter" for ex: i want a find command to run only when the parameters are given (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: knip
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing parameters with spaces

we are using following script to execute stored procedue. The problem is run_pmcmd.ksh script is using $* parameter which is not taking in account 'Men Shirt' parameter which includes spaces. 1. Step 1 run_pmcmd.ksh CONVERT_TEST script for run_pmcmd.ksh /u01/$(whoami)/run_pmcmd.ksh... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy162
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To find ls of similar pattern files in a directory by passing the variable.

Hi, I have file in my $datadir as below :- SAT_1.txt SAT_2.txt BAT_UD.lst BAT_DD1.lst DUTT_1.txt DUTT_la.txt Expected result :- should get all the above file in $<Filename>_file.lst Below is my code :- for i in SAT BAT DUTT do touch a.lst cd $datadir (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satishmallidi
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing Parameters to Crontab

Hello Experts, I have a requirement to pass some parameters to Linux cron tab. For ex: My default cron entry looks like this as below: ------------------------------- 55 10 * * --... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: MaheshChaudhari
7 Replies
PCT-SCANNER-SCRIPT(1)					      General Commands Manual					     PCT-SCANNER-SCRIPT(1)

NAME
pct-scanner-script - easy scan and create merged DjVu and PDF documents for archiving SYNOPSIS
pct-scanner-script [--help] DESCRIPTION
pct-scanner-script is a bash script and configuration system to easily scan documents and create a digital archiving. It can create DjVu PDF and JPEG outputs, in merged and individual files. It also has a configuration system where different configurations can be defined, making it easy to switch between configurations. Please use pct-scanner-script --help to find all program options, the complete help, and all examples. Features: - auto archiving in merged and individual DjVu, PDF, and JPEG files - auto and manual resume when scanning somehow fails - cascading configuration system, for easy customizing - easy command-line-style bash program, with useful options - archiving made possible with both adf and flatbed scanners - built for productivity and daily use - uses bash, scanadf and other mainstream processing tools - multilanguage commandline output OPTIONS
-h, --help, -? Show summary of options, help, and examples. DEBUGGING
This program is a helper script to easy scan and automated digital document archiving for normal and adf scanners. You can debug this script by running it as bash -x pct-scanner-script [options]. The script is just a nice wrapper for the scanadf, DjVu and PDF tools. SEE ALSO
scanadf(1), AUTHOR
pct-scanner-script and this manual page are written by: Jelle de Jong <jelledejong@powercraft.nl>. March 31, 2009 PCT-SCANNER-SCRIPT(1)