Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Searching for bash to cshell convertor Post 302495111 by fpmurphy on Wednesday 9th of February 2011 10:13:16 AM
Old 02-09-2011
There are lots of csh to bash script conversion tools out there but I have never come across a good tool to convert bash scripts to csh. For one thing, many of the more advanced bash features are not present in the standard csh.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl to C convertor

Is there one out there that supports Perl/Tk ??? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: perleo
5 Replies

2. Programming

Binary to Text Convertor

Hey Im starting out in C just recently and Im needing a string that converts binary to text, The only way i know of doing this without knowledge of C entirely. Is Making a sorta of library of the entire alphabet in binary for the program to select the text from it to display a sentence. If that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 01doublehelix10
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching Bash Arrays

Hi, I am writing a bash shell script. I would like to execute a statement only if an array contains a specific value. For example: array=(1 3 5 7) I would like to execute the statement only if the value 3 is present in ${array}. Thanks for any help, Mike (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: msb65
1 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

web to wap convertor

cld someone suggest a good web to wap convertor (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: viapillai
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script for searching a string

Hi, I have a file that contains thousands of records. Each record starts with "New Record". I need to search this file based on a given value of "timestamp" and write all the records that match this timestamp into a new file. I was able to locate the existence of a given value of timestamp using... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoponek
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Performing fast searching operations with a bash script

Hi, Here is a tough requirement , to be served by bash script. I want to perform 3,00,000 * 10,000 searches. i.e. I have 10,000 doc files and 3,00,000 html files in the file-system. I want to check, which of the doc files are referred in any html files. (ex- <a href="abc.doc">abc</a>)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jitendriya.dash
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

20th based convertor

Hi, I'm new at Linux shell programming so I could use some help. I need to make a 20thdecimal convertor. Is just like hexadecimal, the only difference is that hexadecimal goes from 1-9 and A-F, and I need this one to go from 1-9 and A-J. I got some already but I get endless loop, please take a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dax01
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Reverse a sentence in linux ? (bash/cshell)

hey all, If I have the given sentence. I like bobo. How could I reverse it to be : .bobo like I I am NOT talking about reversing words or characters by using rev. I am talking about reversing the whole sentence(placement of words in the given sentence). thank you. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: eawedat
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for a member of an arrray Bash 3.2 with a @..

Creating the array. while read line do array+=("$line") done < "$temporary_file" This is the basic idea, but not working at the moment. It just seems to be returning "No such file or directory" for each array member for (( i = 0 ; i < "${#array}"; i++ )); do if grep "@"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: briandanielz
7 Replies
HIME(1) 						    hime input method platform							   HIME(1)

NAME
hime - an input method server SYNOPSIS
hime [-h|-v|--version] DESCRIPTION
hime is an input method(IM) server, which focused mainly on Traditional Chinese. It is also very useful for Simplified Chinese, Japanese, and many other languages. IM table format of hime is almost as same as those of scim and xcin. Users may append their IMs to hime very eas- ily. If you are looking for configuration tool of hime, please see the manpage of hime-setup. OPTIONS
-h, -v, --version Show version of hime. FILES
/usr/share/hime/table/gtab.list Input methods available for hime. You may copy it to $HOME/.config/hime/ and edit it as you like. If you have no $HOME/.con- fig/hime/gtab.list, /usr/share/hime/table/gtab.list will be used. /usr/share/hime/script/utf8-edit A file helps hime finding text editors when needed. You may add any UTF-8 compatible text editor to it. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
LC_CTYPE For bash: export LC_CTYPE=zh_TW.UTF-8 For csh: setenv LC_CTYPE zh_TW.UTF-8 XMODIFIERS For bash: export XMODIFIERS=@im=hime For csh: setenv XMODIFIERS @im=hime GTK_IM_MODULE For bash: export GTK_IM_MODULE=hime For csh: setenv GTK_IM_MODULE hime QT_IM_MODULE For bash: export QT_IM_MODULE=hime For csh: setenv QT_IM_MODULE hime HIME_CONNECT_MSG_ON Display messages for socket connections. HIME_DBG_TMP Display additional debug messages. HIME_ERR_COREDUMP Option for debugging. HIME_IM_CLIENT_NO_AUTO_EXEC Disable auto-evoke in hime protocol. HIME_OUTPUT_FILTER Assign output filter to process data before the IM server send them to clients. HIME_TABLE_DIR Assign directory for IM tables other then /usr/share/hime/table. SEE ALSO
hime-setup(1), cin2gtab(1), hime-phoa2d(1), hime-juyin-learn(1), hime-message(1) AUTHORS
Edward Der-Hua Liu Wrote hime and associated tools. Friend of Chanjei IM, Malaysia <www.chinesecj.com> Author of original Chanjei IM version 5 table. Dayi Co., Ltd. <http://www.dayi.com> Author of Dayi IM. HIME 0.8 2 FEB 2008 HIME(1)