Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Image a hd
Special Forums Hardware Image a hd Post 302494686 by umnk on Tuesday 8th of February 2011 04:41:21 AM
Old 02-08-2011
I would suggest you windows data recovery software by Stellar, the software can create a clone or image of hard drive. You can create an image of the hard drive or any selected region on the hard drive.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

jpg image

Hello I would like to see an jpeg image with aix. It is possible ? how can i do ? thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pascalbout
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Can you image solaris 9, like you can image a windows machine with ghost? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csaunders
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Image My Drive

After a month of searching I've been completely unable to find replacment 10.20 install media. Would anyone be willing to image my drive for me with a fresh install of 10.20? I'd pay for shipping etc. of course. Mine is a 712/80 Thanks in advance. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ErikTheHAck
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Create an Ignite image on tape from Online IgniteUX image

Hi, (HP-UX 11.11) I need to create a tape image of an igniteUX image created on our igniteUX server. That is to say. I have a "Online" image of the igniteUX of the targeted system but I now need to copy it to a useable TAPE (igniteUX) image so i can build an other server from it that is not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andrek
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Image from harddisk

Can i take image from all data in SCSI hard-disk which work in foxboro workstation and extract it again on another hard disk ?:b: thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hatemeid
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Image software

Hi!!! Does anyone know a unix program called "image"? If yes can you tell me if and from where I can get it? Thnx a lot!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JimmyC530
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

Newb Help, need to image one HD to another

Hello, I am totally new to Unix We have a piece of test equipment, three of them actually, that run HP-UX 9.0 from like 1994. We had backup tapes with procedures to load the OS and our test software, but the 16-track tapes are corrupt now. HP will not support it, they dont have it anymore,... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Newball80
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

matching image files to create one image

Hi, I have two sets of image files. Both sets have names A to Z but set 1 ends with .cdt.png and set 2 ends with .matrix.png. I want set 1 to match with set 2 if the names match (i.e. A.cdt.png will match with A.matrix.png) and with the convert image tool (program for images), it will merge the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
6 Replies

9. Solaris

Copy image on Server-1 and Restores image on Server-2

Hi, I have done Copy image and Restores back on Windows. I have two solaris servers, one contains Solaris OS and Applications on Server-1. Want i required is want to copy image of Server-1 and restores the copied image on Server-2. First of all, is it possibile in Solaris. If it is then... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarshads
4 Replies
hdio(7I)							  Ioctl Requests							  hdio(7I)

NAME
hdio - SMD and IPI disk control operations SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/hdio.h> DESCRIPTION
Note - The SMC and IPI drivers have been discontinued. dkio(7I) is now the preferred method for retrieving disk information. The SMD and IPI disk drivers supplied with this release support a set of ioctl(2) requests for diagnostics and bad sector information. Basic to these ioctl() requests are the definitions in <sys/hdio.h>. IOCTLS
HDKIOCGTYPE The argument is a pointer to a hdk_type structure (described below). This ioctl() gets specific information from the hard disk. HDKIOCSTYPE The argument is a pointer to a hdk_type structure (described below). This ioctl() sets specific information about the hard disk. /* * Used for drive info */ struct hdk_type { ushort_t hdkt_hsect; /* hard sector count (read only) */ ushort_t hdkt_promrev; /* prom revision (read only) */ uchar_t hdkt_drtype; /* drive type (ctlr specific) */ uchar_t hdkt_drstat; /* drive status (ctlr specific, ro) */ }; HDKIOCGBAD The argument is a pointer to a hdk_badmap structure (described below). This ioctl() is used to get the bad sector map from the disk. HDKIOCSBAD The argument is a pointer to a hdk_badmap structure (described below). This ioctl() is used to set the bad sector map on the disk. /* * Used for bad sector map */ struct hdk_badmap { caddr_t hdkb_bufaddr; /* address of user's map buffer */ }; HDKIOCGDIAG The argument is a pointer to a hdk_diag structure (described below). This ioctl() gets the most recent command that failed along with the sector and error number from the hard disk. /* * Used for disk diagnostics */ struct hdk_diag { ushort_t hdkd_errcmd; /* most recent command in error */ daddr_t hdkd_errsect; /* most recent sector in error */ uchar_t hdkd_errno; /* most recent error number */ uchar_t hdkd_severe; /* severity of most recent error */ }; SEE ALSO
ioctl(2), dkio(7I) SunOS 5.10 13 Aug 2002 hdio(7I)