Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File path weirdness
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting File path weirdness Post 302494562 by AlphaLexman on Monday 7th of February 2011 04:00:19 PM
Old 02-07-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto7777
I want to be able to drag and drop a file into a script in the terminal but it doesn't like the /home/user prefix.
How do I get around this?
Are you trying to use the mouse to drag and drop a saved file into a terminal editor?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vi - replacing a relative path with absolute path in a file

Hi, I have a file with about 60 lines of path: app-defaults/boxXYZ....... I want to change this to /my/path/goes/here/app-defaults/boxXYZ, but of course vi doesn't like the regualr :s/old/new/ command. Is there any other quick way to do this? Thanks ;) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yinzer955i
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cygwin bash startup command weirdness (part 1)

I am running (I believe) the latest stable version of cygwin CYGWIN_NT-5.1 1.5.24(0.156/4/2) 2007-01-31 10:57 i686 Cygwin on a win xp sp2 laptop. Suppose, to make things simple for now (but I may do a part 2 posting...), that I am in a dos shell, and I want to create a bash shell and have it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fabulous2
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

ftp and ssh weirdness

i've just setup my desktop (ubuntu 8.04) to run vsftpd and sshd. i have two laptops, both running linux. on one laptop i can connect to the desktop via ftp and ssh and everything works fine. so i don't think there's a problem with the server. on the other laptop i can't connect to the desktop... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: darkmatter14B
3 Replies

4. Solaris

SSH weirdness

I've configured a new container/zone on Solaris 10 (Sparc) and I'm using Centrify for LDAP authentication to AD. My ssh client is as follows Sun_SSH_1.1.1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090704f I'm seeing some strange behavior from ssh. When I ssh onto the new zone to myself (non-root... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CDM
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve directory path from full file path through sh

Hi, I have a file abcd.txt which has contents in the form of full path file names i.e. $home> vi abcd.txt /a/b/c/r1.txt /q/w/e/r2.txt /z/x/c/r3.txt Now I want to retrieve only the directory path name for each row i.e /a/b/c/ /q/w/e/ How to get the same through shell script?... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: royzlife
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

gedit newline weirdness

I have this file cd /media/AUDIO/WAVE/9780743561181 ~/Desktop/mp3-to-m4b 9780743561181-UNLEASHING THE IDEA VIRUS "UNLEASHING THE IDEA VIRUS" "GODIN, SETH" 2006 n cd /media/AUDIO/WAVE/9780743561204 ~/Desktop/mp3-to-m4b 9780743561204-STALIN'S GHOST "STALIN'S GHOST" "SMITH, MARTIN" 2007 n cd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: glev2005
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Zpool device weirdness

Weird duplicate device in one of my nested raidz1s - device is shown as both online and unavailable, with a hot spare showing up as degraded as well. Any thoughts on how I should proceed? root@storage# zpool status tank pool: tank state: DEGRADED status: One or more devices are... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: DoohanMcGirk
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 11 sysconfig and zones weirdness

when I create a new zone either via zfs export template or installing the OS from the .iso I get a weird problem. once I create the zone and login for the first time to the console I get the sysconfig menu. I do the config setup and exit the zone boots normally. The next time I reboot, I have to do... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Joining 3 line weirdness

Hi all you Unix/Linux gurus, So, I have something strage going on and need a sanity check... I have 2 files that both contain 3 lines of text... File1 - called t: CN66270E90 94:57:a5:d3:db:aa 94:57:a5:d3:db:ab File2 - called tt: hostname 5.7.2.7 72:8C:36:3B:5A:17 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joeg1484
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Convert Relative path to Absolute path, without changing directory to the file location.

Hello, I am creating a file with all the source folders included in my git branch, when i grep for the used source, i found source included as relative path instead of absolute path, how can convert relative path to absolute path without changing directory to that folder and using readlink -f ? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekhar419
4 Replies
App::Nopaste::Service::ssh(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   App::Nopaste::Service::ssh(3pm)

NAME
App::Nopaste::Service::ssh - copies files to your server using scp AUTHOR
Kevin Falcone "<falcone@cpan.org>" Thomas Sibley "<trs@bestpractical.com>" ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
NOPASTE_SSH_SERVER The hostname to which you ssh. The left-hand side of the colon in the scp. For example: "sartak.org". NOPASTE_SSH_DOCROOT The path on disk for your pastes. For example: "public_html/paste". NOPASTE_SSH_WEBPATH The path for URLs. For example: "http://sartak.org/paste". NOPASTE_SSH_MODE Octal permissions mode to set for the temporary file before uploading. For example: 0644. NOPASTE_SSH_USE_DESCRIPTION Use the supplied description in the paste filename for easier identification of pastes. Defaults to the source filename, if any, but is overridden by an explicit "-d" or "--description" command line argument. APACHE CONFIGURATION RECOMMENDATIONS
The following is a recommended Apache configuration you can drop into ".htaccess" in your paste dir. RemoveHandler .cgi RemoveHandler .pl AddDefaultCharset utf-8 Options -ExecCGI -FollowSymLinks -Includes -MultiViews It prevents common means of script execution so that ".pl" and ".cgi" files won't run and defaults the character set to UTF-8 so browsers don't have to guess wrong. perl v5.14.2 2011-08-30 App::Nopaste::Service::ssh(3pm)