Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Merge 2 columns/remove specific spaces Post 302494470 by danhodges99 on Monday 7th of February 2011 11:29:26 AM
Old 02-07-2011
Sorry, still inconsistent results with the whole dataset. I was trying to keep things simple with a small amount, but here's a much better dataset to work with:
Code:
ENGPREM    1    Man Utd    25    12    1    0
ENGPREM    2    Arsenal    25    8    1    3
ENGPREM    3    Man City    26    8    3    2
ENGPREM    4    Chelsea    25    8    2    2
ENGPREM    5    Tottenham    25    7    5    1
ENGPREM    6    Liverpool    26    8    3    2
ENGPREM    7    Sunderland    26    6    5    2
ENGPREM    8    Bolton    26    6    5    2
ENGPREM    9    Stoke    25    7    2    4
ENGPREM    10    Newcastle    25    4    5    4
ENGPREM    11    Blackburn    26    6    3    4
ENGPREM    12    Fulham    26    5    5    3
ENGPREM    13    Everton    25    4    5    3
ENGPREM    14    Aston Villa    26    5    5    3
ENGPREM    15    Blackpool    25    3    2    6
ENGPREM    16    Birmingham    24    3    7    2
ENGPREM    17    West Brom    25    5    3    4
ENGPREM    18    Wigan    26    3    6    5
ENGPREM    19    Wolverhampton    25    6    2    5
ENGPREM    20    West Ham United    26    3    4    6

Last edited by radoulov; 02-07-2011 at 12:30 PM.. Reason: Code tags, please!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove spaces from columns

I have a file with only one field something like this : 213.45 220.65 240.47 345.67 320.45 I want to remove all spaces in between. Is there any unix command for that ?Thanks in advance.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacks
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

merge columns into one line after a specific pattern

Hi all, im a linux newbie, plz help! I have a file - box -------- Fox-2 -------- UF29 zip42 -------- zf-CW SNF2_N Heli_Z -------- Fox -------- Kel_1 box (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_2921
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to remove columns with specific string?

If I have a data test.txt with 1000 columns such as: id sex gene1 gene2 gene2.dl gene3 gene4 gene4.dl ....... 1 1 AA AT AT TT AT AT ....... 2 1 AG TT TT TA AA AA ....... 3 2 AA AT AT TT AT ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AMBER
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove white space from specific columns in text file

Hello i have a text file like this: 1 AB AC AD EE 2 WE TR YT WW 3 AS UY RF YT the file is bigger , but that's an example of the data what i want to do is to merge all columns together except the first one, it will become like this : 1 ABACADEE 2 WETRYTWW 3 ASUYRFYT (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shelladdict
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to count specific columns and merge with unique ones?

Hi. I am not sure the title gives an optimal description of what I want to do. I have several text files that contain data in many columns. All the files are organized the same way, but the data in the columns might differ. I want to count the number of times data occur in specific columns,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesT
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove spaces between the columns in UNIX script?.

Hi guru's, I am trying to write a script to generate a csv file by connecting to database run a query and put the values into csv file. But the problem i face is i am getting lot of space after one value.how can i remove those values?. Please help. #!/bin/bash export... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karingulanagara
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove first n characters from specific columns

I have a file like: s_20331 803 1 1 5 1:2=0.00000000 1:3=0.00000000 1:4=0.11111111 s_20331 814 1 1 5 1:2=0.00000000 1:3=0.12611607 1:4=0.00000000I would like to remove the four characters "x:x=" from all columns containing them (in my actual file, there are 15 total columns (i.e. columns... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge specific columns of two files

Hello, I have two tab delimited text files. Both files have the same number of rows but not necessarily the same number of columns. The column headers look like, File 1: f0order CVorder Name f0 RI_9 E99 E199 E299 E399 E499 E599 E699 E799 E899 E999 File 2:... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

To remove double quotes from specific columns

Hi, I've a requirement like, in a csv file of 30+ fields where all the columns are having double quotes I need to remove the double quotes from certain fields and certain field should remain as it is. Eg:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krishnanth S
6 Replies
H5TOTXT(1)							      h5utils								H5TOTXT(1)

NAME
h5totxt - generate comma-delimited text from 2d slices of HDF5 files SYNOPSIS
h5totxt [OPTION]... [HDF5FILE]... DESCRIPTION
h5totxt is a utility to generate comma-delimited text (and similar formats) from one-, two-, or more-dimensional slices of numeric datasets in HDF5 files. This way, the data can easily be imported into spreadsheets and similar programs for analysis and visualization. HDF5 is a free, portable binary format and supporting library developed by the National Center for Supercomputing Applications at the Uni- versity of Illinois in Urbana-Champaign. A single h5 file can contain multiple data sets; by default, h5totxt takes the first dataset, but this can be changed via the -d option, or by using the syntax HDF5FILE:DATASET. By default, the entire dataset is dumped to the output. in row-major order. For 3d datasets, this corresponds to a sequence of yz slices, in order of increasing x, separated by blank lines. If -T is specified, outputs in the transposed (column-major) order instead Often, however, you want only a one- or two-dimensional slice of multi-dimensional data. To do this, you specify coordinates in one or more slice dimensions, via the -xyzt options. The most basic usage is something like 'h5totxt foo.h5', which will output comma-delimited text to stdout from the data in foo.h5. OPTIONS
-h Display help on the command-line options and usage. -V Print the version number and copyright info for h5totxt. -v Verbose output. -o file Send text output to file rather than to stdout (the default). -s sep Use the string sep to separate columns of the output rather than a comma (the default). -x ix, -y iy, -z iz, -t it This tells h5totxt to use a particular slice of a multi-dimensional dataset. e.g. -x causes a yz plane (of a 3d dataset) to be used, at an x index of ix (where the indices run from zero to one less than the maximum index in that direction). Here, x/y/z cor- respond to the first/second/third dimensions of the HDF5 dataset. The -t option specifies a slice in the last dimension, whichever that might be. See also the -0 option to shift the origin of the x/y/z slice coordinates to the dataset center. -0 Shift the origin of the x/y/z slice coordinates to the dataset center, so that e.g. -0 -x 0 (or more compactly -0x0) returns the central x plane of the dataset instead of the edge x plane. (-t coordinates are not affected.) -T Transpose the data (interchange the dimension ordering). By default, no transposition is done. -. numdigits Output numdigits digits after the decimal point (defaults to 16). -d name Use dataset name from the input files; otherwise, the first dataset from each file is used. Alternatively, use the syntax HDF5FILE:DATASET, which allows you to specify a different dataset for each file. You can use the h5ls command (included with hdf5) to find the names of datasets within a file. BUGS
Send bug reports to S. G. Johnson, stevenj@alum.mit.edu. AUTHORS
Written by Steven G. Johnson. Copyright (c) 2005 by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. h5utils March 9, 2002 H5TOTXT(1)