Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting script hangs when reading from stdin Post 302494243 by ilikecows on Sunday 6th of February 2011 11:51:59 AM
Old 02-06-2011
What exactly are you trying to do with this script?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Help:error in reading from stdin

void redirect(int argc, char *argv) { int flag; if (strcmp(argv, ">") == 0) flag = 1; else if (strcmp(argv, "<") == 0) flag = 2; else if (strcmp(argv, ">>") == 0) flag = 3; else printf("Something Wrong,Please Check!\n"); switch (flag) {... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zhshqzyc
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Hangs!

Hi, I have script which is based on TCL and expect. It is written to test my code. It usually runs fine for a while and hangs after sometime. Code snippet set l_temp_timeout $timeout OUTPUT_LOG2 2 >>>$expect_out(buffer)<<< OUTPUT_LOG2 2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveenpn
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot redirect to STDIN in a shell script

I am unable to use STDIn redirection with < (commands) When I do the following, both approaches work and give the same results: 1. $ printf "aaa\nbbb\n" > file1 $ printf "111\n222\n" > file2 $ cat file1 file2 aaa bbb 111 2222. $ cat <(printf "aaa\nbbb\n") <(printf "111\n222\n") aaa... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: metaltree
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading from stdin in a shell script

Hello, I've managed to get my .procmailrc file to work. At least it triggers a script which creates a file. But the file is empty. How do I get at the data that's been piped? I've done much creative googling to no avail. I belive it should be in stdin, but I can't figure out how to access... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmesford
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to pass multiple stdin to prorgam?

Running on AIX 5.3L. I have a program "foo" written in Fortran that requires 3 levels of inputs from stdin (command prompt). > foo Enter Input 1: a Enter Input 2: b Enter Input 3: c running foo success! > How do I get a shell script to run this automatically? > echo "a" | foo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: discoganya
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Suplying stdin input within script

Hi , I have script in that , i uninstall rpm using rpm -ef $rc1 now my query is rpm -ef is asking user input DO YOU Want To continue (YES/NO) for each uninstalltion. now i want to supply YES variable when it asks for above statement . so that i dont have to give user input from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghavendra.nsn
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing stdin value into a script that is called from another script

I'm trying to automatically pass user input values into a script that is being called from another script, below is my current script and I added a comment next to the script where it asks user to enter input value. Thanks, mbak #!/bin/ksh echo " Adding disks for DB server then Enter YES... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbak
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to use stdin as argument for script?

Say I had an extremely simple script called testScript.sh: #!/bin/sh echo $1 and I invoked it as: source testScript.sh <<< x or source testScript.sh <<< inputFile.txt When I do the above the values don't appear in the echo statement, and I know that is because in the echo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: steezuschrist96
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Accept data from file or stdin in script

I have a script that looks like this:sed -f myfile.sed $1 > $1.out called myscript and would like to change it so the parameter isn't necessary: ls *.idx | myscript | xargs some_command What do I need to add so it can run either way? TIA ---------- Post updated at 09:41 AM ----------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wbport
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with the Script to pass stdin in run time

I have put a script inside bash_profile of user "root". That script executes when we do "sudo su -" and prompts with a question : "Why are you logginf as root?" and users have to pass the reason then they get prompt. Inside script we have used "read -p input" to take input from user. I am a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar_4_u
3 Replies
build-lives-rfx-plugin(1)				      General Commands Manual					 build-lives-rfx-plugin(1)

NAME
build-lives-rfx-plugin - builds rendered effects for LiVES SYNOPSIS
build-lives-rfx-plugin script_name [plugin_dir] -get section file DESCRIPTION
This perl script is used by LiVES to compile an RFX (rendered effect) plugin for LiVES. It is generally called from build-lives-rfx-plugin- multi for a script which has a language code representing LiVES-perl. The script_name must be the full (absolute) path to the plugin script, and plugin_dir can be used to specify the output directory where the compiled plugin should be generated. If plugin_dir is not defined then /tmp is assumed. The second variant with -get is used to print out a script section from a plugin script to stdout. It is generally only used internally by LiVES. Return values The script returns the following values 0 - success 1 - the value of a trigger was greater than the number of parameters 2 - a value could not be read from the script file 3 - the language code of the plugin script was not equivalent to LiVES-perl 4 - the API version level of the plugin script was invalid 5 - the <define> section was missing from the plugin script SEE ALSO
build-lives-rfx-plugin-multi(1), lives(1) AUTHOR
Gabriel Finch a.k.a Salsaman (salsaman@xs4all.nl) May 9 2010 build-lives-rfx-plugin(1)