Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Modify print of command "ls -l -R" Post 302493749 by cgkmal on Thursday 3rd of February 2011 03:12:34 PM
Old 02-03-2011
Modify print of command "ls -l -R"

Hi to all,

Some help please, I want to modify using awk the print showed by command "ls -l -R" from:

Code:
/home/user1/Mydocs/Year/2010/July/Experiments:
total 1608
-rw-r--r-- 1 user1 user1    1431 Feb  2 22:45 Experiments1.TAR
-rw-r--r-- 1 user1 user1     923 Feb  2 22:45 Tests_Exp1.TXT
-rw-r--r-- 1 user1 user1    1011 Feb  2 22:45 Intro.TXT

/home/user1/Mydocs/Year/2010/July/Day_9/Other_Docs:
total 8
-rw-r--r-- 1 user1 user1 831 Feb  2 23:55 Optional_Exp1.TXT
-rw-r--r-- 1 user1 user1  73 Feb  2 23:55 Intro_Op_Exp1.TXT

to

Code:
  Length     Date   Time    Name
 --------    ----   ----    ----
        0  02-03-11 22:44   July/
        0  02-03-11 22:45   July/Experiments/
     1431  02-03-11 22:45   July/Experiments/Experiments1.TAR
      923  02-03-11 22:45   July/Experiments/Tests_Exp1.TXT
     1011  02-03-11 22:45   July/Experiments/Intro.TXT
        0  02-03-11 23:54   July/Day_9/
        0  02-03-11 23:55   July/Day_9/Other_Docs/
      831  02-02-11 23:55   July/Day_9/Other_Docs/Optional_Exp1.TXT
       73  02-03-11 23:55   July/Day_9/Other_Docs/Intro_Op_Exp1.TXT

I'm don't know how to begin.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command similar to "touch" for modify File size

Hi All, I'm trying to find a command like similar to "touch" which would let me change the file size property. For ex: I have a file of size 1MB using the command i would like to set/update the size something like 1KB. Is it possible? Is there any such command which would accomplish this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriharshareddyk
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

In ksh shell command - Print "-ABC" is giving error

Hi Guys, while executing the following command : print "-ABC" is giving following error : ksh: print: bad option(s) I cannot use echo for some other reasons, so any other option ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagarjani
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat $como_file | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g'

hi All, cat file_name | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g' Can this be done by using sed or awk alone (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: harshakusam
4 Replies

5. Solaris

How to check "faulty" or "stalled" print queues - SAP systems?

Hi all, First off, sorry for a long post but I think I have no other option if I need to explain properly what I need help for. I need some advise on how best to check for "faulty" or "stalled/jammed' print queues. At the moment, I have three (3) application servers which also acts as print... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify or react on "cd" command

Hi folks, I found a pretty nice thread in this forum showing how to change the window title of a PuTTY window from within the shell. (Which I can't reference due having less than 5 postings?!?) I modified the solution a bit to have a function in my zshrc "wt()" changing the window title each... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mephistho
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help -- Modify awk command to handle "," delimiter

Currently I am using this command to split a CSV file based on the distinct values in the 16th (position) column. awk -F, 'NR==1 { hdr=$0; next } $16 != prev { prev=name=$16; gsub(/_]/,"",name); $0 = hdr "\n" $0 } { print > ("/Directory/File."name".Download.csv") }'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lojkyelo
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
MKDIC(1)						      General Commands Manual							  MKDIC(1)

NAME
mkdic - Tool for creating a user dictionary SYNOPSIS
mkdic [{-cs|-cannaserver} canna-server] [-s] [- | -l local-file] remote-dic DESCRIPTION
mkdic creates user dictionary named remote-dic in the user dictionary directory of the remote host, on which cannaserver(1M) is in opera- tion. Dictionary file name remote-dic is assigned to this file at this time. If the - and -l option isn't specified, mkdic creates an empty dictionary. If the - option is specified, the standard input will be used as the dictionary file. If the -l option is specified, local-file will be used as the dictionary file. If the user dictionary directory does not exist, it will be created. Dictionary directory file -- dics.dir -- is rewritten automatically after the registering. The registered dictionary can thus be used by writing the dictionary name into the customize file. OPTIONS
-cs canna-server (or -cannaserver canna-server) Specifies the server machine that contains the dictionary to be created. -s Indicates that the dictionary to be created is an adjunct dictionary. If this option is omitted, the dictionary will be cre- ated as an independent-word one. -l local-file Registers the input data from local-file. - The standard input will be used as the dictionary file. EXAMPLES(1) If you want to creat an empty dictionary file: % mkdic test(2) If you want to register the input data from the standard input: % mkdic test - Registers the input data from the standard input, in the user dictionary directory under dictionary name ``test''. The following line is then added to dictionary directory file -- dics.dir -- : user1.t(.mwd) -test-(3) If the dictionary file is specified: % mkdic test -l test1.t Registers independent-word dictionary file ``test1.t'' in the remote host's user dictionary directory under dictionary name ``test''. The following line is then added to dics.dir: user1.t(.mvd) -test- user1.t is a dictionary file name generated automatically by the system. SEE ALSO
catdic(1), cannaserver(1M), lsdic(1) MKDIC(1)