Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: KSH: A PROBLEM awk SUBSTRING
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting KSH: A PROBLEM awk SUBSTRING Post 302493653 by GERMANICO on Thursday 3rd of February 2011 09:46:19 AM
Old 02-03-2011
all ok I mistook me...!!!!

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ksh substring commands

I am trying to get various portions of strings in my script, but am getting a substitution error. I followed the syntax that was described when I goggled this, but I can't get anything to work. #! /bin/ksh/ hello="adklafk;afak" #hello=${hello:3} hello=${$hello:3} happy="hey" echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anderssl
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

substring using AWK

can we do substring fuctionality using AWK say I have string "sandeep" can i pick up only portion "nde" from it. Thanks and Regards Sandeep Ranade (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahabunta
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem extracting substring in korn shell

hi all, I have read similiar topics in this board, but i didn' t find the posting which is the same with the problem i face.. I try to extract string from the end. i try to do this: num=abcdefghij num2=${num:-5} echo $num2 #this should print the last 5 characters (fghij) but it doesn;t... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nashrul
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substring problem

I have a file which comes with a few tags and some contents inside them. eg: <ABC>Hello Unix.com</ABC> <XYZ>WWSHF</XYZ> Now I want to pick out the contents in between the tags <ABC> and </ABC>. The contents within <ABC> and </ABC> spans more than one line. So greping and cutting is not an... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajat
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with Substring

Hi, i have a file from which i extracted 2nd column and put it into a variable Acct_Num . Now i need to extract first 3 digits from it and save in to other variable. My Code is: while read Record1 do Acct_Num=`echo $Record1 | awk '{print $2 }'` ID=`echo $Record1 | awk '{print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manmeet
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting substring with awk

Hi Team, How to get the last 3 characters of a String irrespective of their length using awk? Thanks Kinny (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kinny
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK: Substring search

Hi I have a table like this I want to know how many times the string in 2nd column appears in the first column as substring. For example the first string of 2nd column "cgt" occurs 3 times in the 1st column and "acg" one time. So my desired output is THank you very much in advance:) (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: polsum
14 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

awk if/substring/append help

Hi All, I need some help with an awk command: What I'm trying to do is append "MYGROUP: " to text with the substring "AT_" the input file follows this format: AT_xxxxxx Name1 Name2 AT_xxxxxx NameA NameB I want the output to be: MYGROUP: AT_xxxxx Name1 Name2 MYGROUP:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bikecraft
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Substring AIX ksh

I am trying to obtain a substring in AIX, but unable to obtain result ${var:1:3} ksh: ${var:1:3}: bad substitution (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tostay2003
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substring Problem with sed . . .

Greetings. I'm looking to isolate the first occurrence of an arbitrary substring which may be present at any particular line in a given file. The enclosing end markers for the target in our thought problem are string" and ". The complete string and surrounding text could look something like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinQ
3 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD