Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: C code : Segmentation fault
Top Forums Programming C code : Segmentation fault Post 302492955 by kiran_bhatter on Wednesday 2nd of February 2011 02:28:12 AM
Old 02-02-2011
Hi ,

compiler : gcc

Regards,
Kiran

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

segmentation fault

sometimes for this code i get a segmentation fault for codes llike this : int main{ int * a= 0; int b; a = (int*)malloc(sizeof(int)); ///some code using these variable but no freeing of a if(a){ free(a); a = 0; } return... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wojtyla
3 Replies

2. Programming

Hi! segmentation fault

I have written a program which takes a directory as command line arguments and displays all the dir and files in it. I don't know why I have a problem with the /etc directory.It displays all the directories and files untill it reaches a sub directory called peers which is in /etc/ppp/peers.the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijlak
4 Replies

3. Programming

segmentation fault

If I do this. Assume struct life { char *nolife; } struct life **life; // malloc initialization & everything if(life->nolife == 0) Would I get error at life->nolife if it is equal to 0. wrong accession? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: joey
3 Replies

4. AIX

Segmentation fault in nsgetcinfo in aix 64-bit c code

Hello, I am running on a AIX5.2 server with Oracle 10g and 9i. My code compiles and works fine in 32-bit mode. The same code compiles in 64-bit and runs good. The program catches CNTRL-C signal to terminate. Only on 64-bit code when i hit CNTRL-C, the program exits with segmentation... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumesh0710
0 Replies

5. Programming

segmentation fault

Hi, I am having this segmentation fault not in the following program, bt. in my lab program . My lab program is horrible long so cannot post it here bt. I am using the following logic in my program which is giving the segmentation fault. Bt. if I run this sample program as it is it dosen't give... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mind@work
3 Replies

6. Programming

Using gdb, ignore beginning segmentation fault until reproduce environment segmentation fault

I use a binary name (ie polo) it gets some parameter , so for debugging normally i do this : i wrote script for watchdog my app (polo) and check every second if it's not running then start it , the problem is , if my app , remain in state of segmentation fault for a while (ie 15 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pooyair
6 Replies

7. Programming

This code keeps giving me a segmentation fault why?

#include<stdlib.h> #include <pthread.h> #include "tlpi_hdr.h" #include <stdio.h> static volatile int glob = 0; static struct { pthread_t t1,t2; } *thread; static void * /* Loop 'arg' times incrementing 'glob' */ threadFunc(void *arg) { int loops = *((int *) arg); ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fwrlfo
1 Replies

8. Programming

Segmentation fault

I keep getting this fault on a lot of the codes I write, I'm not exactly sure why so I'd really appreciate it if someone could explain the idea to me. For example this code #include <stdio.h> main() { unsigned long a=0; unsigned long b=0; int z; { printf("Enter two... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sizzler786
2 Replies

9. Programming

C. To segmentation fault or not to segmentation fault, that is the question.

Oddities with gcc, 2.95.3 for the AMIGA and 4.2.1 for MY current OSX 10.14.1... I am creating a basic calculator for the AMIGA ADE *NIX emulator in C as it does not have one. Below are two very condensed snippets of which I have added the results inside the each code section. IMPORTANT!... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
11 Replies

10. Programming

Why does this example C code run and yet SHOULD either not compile or give a segmentation fault?

Apologies for any typos... Well guys, been researching 'goto' in C and they say that you can't 'goto' labels in another function as a segmentation fault will occur. However I have found a way to 'goto' a label in another function that is NOT main() using the asm() function. As you know I... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
14 Replies
WINEGCC(1)						      Wine Developers Manual							WINEGCC(1)

NAME
winegcc - Wine C and C++ MinGW Compatible Compiler SYNOPSIS
winegcc [options] infile... DESCRIPTION
winegcc is a gcc wrapper which tries to provide a MinGW compatible compiler under Linux. This is most useful to Win32 developers who can simply take their MinGW code from Windows, and recompile it without modifications under Winelib on Linux. wineg++ accepts mostly the same options as winegcc. The goal of winegcc is to be able to simply replace gcc/g++/windres with winegcc/wineg++/wrc in a MinGW Makefile, and just recompile the application using Winelib under Wine. While typically there are small adjustments that must be made to the application source code and/or Makefile, it is quite easy to do them in a fashion that is compatible between the MinGW and Wine environments. This manual will document only the differences from gcc; please consult the gcc manual for more information on those options. OPTIONS
gcc options: All gcc options are supported, and are passed along to the backend compiler. -Bprefix This option specifies where to find the executables, libraries, include files, and data files of the compiler itself. This is a standard gcc option that has been extended to recognize a prefix ending with '/tools/winebuild', in which case winegcc enters a spe- cial mode for building Wine itself. Developers should avoid prefixes ending with the magic suffix, or if that is not possible, sim- ply express it differently, such as '/tools/winebuild/', to avoid the special behaviour. -fno-short-wchar Override the underlying type for wchar_t to be the default for the target, instead of using short unsigned int, which is the default for Win32. -mconsole This option passes '--subsystem console' to winebuild, to build console applications. It is the default. -mno-cygwin Use Wine's implementation of MSVCRT, instead of linking against the host system's libc. This is necessary for the vast majority of Win32 applications, as they typically depend on various features of MSVCRT. This switch is also used by the MinGW compiler to link against MSVCRT on Windows, instead of linking against Cygwin's libc. Sharing the syntax with MinGW makes it very easy to write Make- files that work under Wine, MinGW+MSYS, or MinGW+Cygwin. -municode Set the default entry point of the application to be the Unicode wmain() instead of the standard main(). -mwindows This option adds -lgdi32, -lcomdlg32, and -lshell32 to the list of default libraries, and passes '--subsystem windows' to winebuild to build graphical applications. -nodefaultlibs Do not use the standard system libraries when linking. These include at a minimum -lkernel32, -luser32, -ladvapi32, and any default libraries used by the backend compiler. The -mwindows option augments the list of default libraries as described above. -nostartfiles Do not add the winecrt0 library when linking. -Wb,option Pass option as an option to winebuild. If option contains commas, it is split into multiple options at the commas. DEFINES
winegcc defines __WINE__, for code that needs to know when it is being compiled under Wine. It also defines WIN32, _WIN32, __WIN32, __WIN32__, __WINNT, and __WINNT__ for compatibility with MinGW. BUGS
The dllimport/dllexport attributes are not supported at the moment, due to lack of support for these features in the ELF version of gcc. Static linking is not currently supported against Wine's DLL. As a result, the -static, --static, and -Wl,-static options will generate an error. AUTHORS
winegcc was written by Dimitrie O. Paun. SEE ALSO
gcc(1), winebuild(1), wrc(1), wine(1), Winelib User Guide, Wine Developers Guide. Wine 1.2-rc6 October 2005 WINEGCC(1)