Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: C code : Segmentation fault
Top Forums Programming C code : Segmentation fault Post 302492955 by kiran_bhatter on Wednesday 2nd of February 2011 02:28:12 AM
Old 02-02-2011
Hi ,

compiler : gcc

Regards,
Kiran

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

segmentation fault

sometimes for this code i get a segmentation fault for codes llike this : int main{ int * a= 0; int b; a = (int*)malloc(sizeof(int)); ///some code using these variable but no freeing of a if(a){ free(a); a = 0; } return... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wojtyla
3 Replies

2. Programming

Hi! segmentation fault

I have written a program which takes a directory as command line arguments and displays all the dir and files in it. I don't know why I have a problem with the /etc directory.It displays all the directories and files untill it reaches a sub directory called peers which is in /etc/ppp/peers.the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijlak
4 Replies

3. Programming

segmentation fault

If I do this. Assume struct life { char *nolife; } struct life **life; // malloc initialization & everything if(life->nolife == 0) Would I get error at life->nolife if it is equal to 0. wrong accession? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: joey
3 Replies

4. AIX

Segmentation fault in nsgetcinfo in aix 64-bit c code

Hello, I am running on a AIX5.2 server with Oracle 10g and 9i. My code compiles and works fine in 32-bit mode. The same code compiles in 64-bit and runs good. The program catches CNTRL-C signal to terminate. Only on 64-bit code when i hit CNTRL-C, the program exits with segmentation... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumesh0710
0 Replies

5. Programming

segmentation fault

Hi, I am having this segmentation fault not in the following program, bt. in my lab program . My lab program is horrible long so cannot post it here bt. I am using the following logic in my program which is giving the segmentation fault. Bt. if I run this sample program as it is it dosen't give... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mind@work
3 Replies

6. Programming

Using gdb, ignore beginning segmentation fault until reproduce environment segmentation fault

I use a binary name (ie polo) it gets some parameter , so for debugging normally i do this : i wrote script for watchdog my app (polo) and check every second if it's not running then start it , the problem is , if my app , remain in state of segmentation fault for a while (ie 15 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pooyair
6 Replies

7. Programming

This code keeps giving me a segmentation fault why?

#include<stdlib.h> #include <pthread.h> #include "tlpi_hdr.h" #include <stdio.h> static volatile int glob = 0; static struct { pthread_t t1,t2; } *thread; static void * /* Loop 'arg' times incrementing 'glob' */ threadFunc(void *arg) { int loops = *((int *) arg); ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fwrlfo
1 Replies

8. Programming

Segmentation fault

I keep getting this fault on a lot of the codes I write, I'm not exactly sure why so I'd really appreciate it if someone could explain the idea to me. For example this code #include <stdio.h> main() { unsigned long a=0; unsigned long b=0; int z; { printf("Enter two... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sizzler786
2 Replies

9. Programming

C. To segmentation fault or not to segmentation fault, that is the question.

Oddities with gcc, 2.95.3 for the AMIGA and 4.2.1 for MY current OSX 10.14.1... I am creating a basic calculator for the AMIGA ADE *NIX emulator in C as it does not have one. Below are two very condensed snippets of which I have added the results inside the each code section. IMPORTANT!... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
11 Replies

10. Programming

Why does this example C code run and yet SHOULD either not compile or give a segmentation fault?

Apologies for any typos... Well guys, been researching 'goto' in C and they say that you can't 'goto' labels in another function as a segmentation fault will occur. However I have found a way to 'goto' a label in another function that is NOT main() using the asm() function. As you know I... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
14 Replies
Padre::Task::PPI(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Padre::Task::PPI(3pm)

NAME
Padre::Task::PPI - Generic PPI background processing task SYNOPSIS
package Padre::Task::MyFancyTest; use strict; use base 'Padre::Task::PPI'; # Will be called after ppi-parsing: sub process { my $self = shift; my $ppi = shift or return; my $result = ...expensive_calculation_using_ppi... $self->{result} = $result; return; } 1; # elsewhere: Padre::Task::MyFancyTest->new( text => 'parse-this!', )->schedule; DESCRIPTION
This is a base class for all tasks that need to do expensive calculations using PPI. The class will setup a PPI::Document object from a given piece of code and then call the "process_ppi" method on the task object and pass the PPI::Document as first argument. You can either let "Padre::Task::PPI" fetch the Perl code for parsing from the current document or specify it as the ""text"" parameter to the constructor. Note: If you don't supply the document text and there is no currently open document to fetch it from, "new()" will simply return the empty list instead of a "Padre::Task::PPI" object. SEE ALSO
This class inherits from "Padre::Task" and its instances can be scheduled using "Padre::TaskManager". The transfer of the objects to and from the worker threads is implemented with Storable. AUTHOR
Steffen Mueller "smueller@cpan.org" COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2008-2012 The Padre development team as listed in Padre.pm. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl 5 itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-27 Padre::Task::PPI(3pm)