Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX topas - computational memory 95% : Any Impact? Post 302492937 by zxmaus on Wednesday 2nd of February 2011 01:13:42 AM
Old 02-02-2011
Hello,

for SETALL ask your DBAs ... its a setting within oracle: filesystemio_options=SETALL - it usually is set to none or async - and should be set from oracle 9 onwards to SETALL.
For noatime - smitty chfs - mountoptions noatime (and for dumps if you have such a filesystem choose noatime,rbrw)

Regards
zxmaus

Kind regards
Nicki

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Memory usage statistic? (topas, nmon)

hi, how can i diplay: - the ammount RAM used /free - ammount of ram used from a pid or prozess we have the problem, that malloc is returing a NULL pointer errno = 12 ( not enough space). but i think there is still ram free. nmon : shows all memory used ? Memory Use Physical Virtual... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lazzar
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need Help installing a Computational Tool Kit

Hi ! I have been trying to install IMSL Computational Tool Kit on a server. It is a Lunix Redhat V.4 with Intel pentium d processor and Intel fortran compiler 8.1 and the type of command shell we run is bash. I dont know if the problem is with the Installation or the Lunix system. I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsmv
1 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

Computational complexity

This is a general question about the practical use of computational complexity in security. Wikipedia has a good article about the theoretical background of computational complexity. In the course of conversation with colleagues, a topic that is brought up occassionally is the security of any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gratuitous_arp
2 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Appending the contents of two files in computational manner

Hi, I have two files say file 1 file 2 File1 1 2 4 5 File 2 asdf adf How to get the ouput something like asdf1 adf1 asdf2 adf2 asdf4 adf4 asdf5 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ecearund
5 Replies

5. AIX

How to use topas to display its Memory section alone

Hi, I'm planning to write a script to monitor the memory utilization and so decided to use topas. i'm not familiar with this command Could anyone help me with an idea on how to display the Memory section alone in the topas... :) It will be very helpful if you could specify the command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushik_87
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing computational/non computational memory from topas

Hi Friends, How to capture the value of %Comp and %Noncomp values from AIX using topas command. I tried lot, but i cannot capture the value. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nowshath
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for %computational memory & % non computational memory

Dear, How to calculate %computational memory and %non computational memory from AIX server. What command used to find out %computational memory and % non computational memory except topas. Regards Nowshath (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nowshath
1 Replies
CHMEM(1)						      General Commands Manual							  CHMEM(1)

NAME
chmem - change memory allocation SYNOPSIS
chmem [+] [-] [=] amount file EXAMPLES
chmem =50000 a.out # Give a.out 50K of stack space chmem -4000 a.out # Reduce the stack space by 4000 bytes chmem +1000 file1 # Increase each stack by 1000 bytes DESCRIPTION
When a program is loaded into memory, it is allocated enough memory for the text and data+bss segments, plus an area for the stack. Data segment growth using malloc , brk , or sbrk eats up stack space from the low end. The amount of stack space to allocate is derived from a field in the executable program's file header. If the combined stack and data segment growth exceeds the stack space allocated, the pro- gram will be terminated. It is therefore important to set the amount of stack space carefully. If too little is provided, the program may crash. If too much is provided, memory will be wasted, and fewer programs will be able to fit in memory and run simultaneously. MINIX does not swap, so that when memory is full, subsequent attempts to fork will fail. The compiler sets the stack space to the largest possible value (for the Intel CPUs, 64K - text - data). For many programs, this value is far too large. Nonrecursive programs that do not call brk , sbrk , or malloc , and do not have any local arrays usually do not need more than 8K of stack space. The chmem command changes the value of the header field that determines the stack allocation, and thus indirectly the total memory required to run the program. The = option sets the stack size to a specific value; the + and - options increment and decrement the current value by the indicated amount. The old and new stack sizes are printed. SEE ALSO
install(1), brk(2). CHMEM(1)