Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting transposing square matrixs or blocks in a big file Post 302492850 by Lucky Ali on Tuesday 1st of February 2011 05:42:33 PM
Old 02-01-2011
I can transpose block by block but there is like 800 blocks stagged in the file. I don't know how to loop it through.

---------- Post updated at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:32 PM ----------

Hi yinyuemi,

I tested with ur suggestion but its doing it only for the first 2 columns of each block (square matrix). If we could extend it to the 5 more columns in each block that would solve the problem.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to view a big file(143M big)

1 . Thanks everyone who read the post first. 2 . I have a log file which size is 143M , I can not use vi open it .I can not use xedit open it too. How to view it ? If I want to view 200-300 ,how can I implement it 3 . Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenhao_no1
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

file transposing

Hello, Is there a way to transpose a file in shell scripting? For instance, from a1 a2 a3 a4 a5 a6 a7 .... b1 b2 b3 b4 b5 b6 b7 .... c1 c2 c3 c4 c5 c6 c7 .... d1 d2 d3 d4 d5 d6 d7 ... ... ... ... to a1 b1 c1 d1 .... a2 b2 c2 d2 .... a3 b3 c3 d3 .... a4 b3 c3 d4 .... ... ... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: mskcc
24 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transposing a file

i have a file as: 1 2 3 4 5 i want output as : 1 2 3 4 5 can anybody help on this?? (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas_kesarwani
14 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transposing a file

Hi All, I have a input file say FILEA. FILEA -------- empid1 sal1 location1 manager1 empid2 sal2 location2 manager2 empid3 sal3 location3 manager3 . . . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 46019
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How big is too big a config.log file?

I have a 5000 line config.log file with several "maybe" errors. Any reccomendations on finding solvable problems? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NeedLotsofHelp
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Convert 512-blocks to 4k blocks

I'm Unix. I'm looking at "df" on Unix now and below is an example. It's lists the filesystems out in 512-blocks, I need this in 4k blocks. Is there a way to do this in Unix or do I manually convert and how? So for container 1 there is 7,340,032 in size in 512-blocks. What would the 4k block be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockycj
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to split this file into blocks and then send these blocks as input to the tool called Yices?

Hello, I have a file like this: FILE.TXT: (define argc :: int) (assert ( > argc 1)) (assert ( = argc 1)) <check> # (define c :: float) (assert ( > c 0)) (assert ( = c 0)) <check> # now, i want to separate each block('#' is the delimeter), make them separate files, and then send them as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: paramad
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transposing a file

Hi Guys, I have file containing this kind of format below: ======== MOBILITY EVENT (G): ATTACH REJECT ========= Time : <date_time> Node : <node> GMM Cause : <code> Details : <details> Attach : <attach type> IMSI : <imsi> PTMSI : <ptmsi> RA New : <ra new> RA... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rymnd_12345
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difficult transposing of data from profiles blocks

Hello to all, I really hope some expert or awk guru could help me with this. I don't have how to begin and hope is not so difficult for somebody. I'll expecting how someone could resolve this problem I have to parse this. I have blocks of parameters for each MSISDN and I would like to extract... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Row blocks to column blocks

Hello, Searched for a while and found some "line-to-column" script. My case is similar but with multiple fields each row: S02 Length Per S02 7043 3.864 S02 54477 29.89 S02 104841 57.52 S03 Length Per S03 1150 0.835 S03 1321 0.96 S03 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
9 Replies
PHOTON(1)																 PHOTON(1)

NAME
photon - generates photo albums SYNOPSIS
photon [OPTIONS] [PATH] DESCRIPTION
Photon generates clean, yet configurable, static HTML photo galleries. All of the work is done from the command line, and the resulting output can easily be configured by changing the template files found in /usr/share/photon/templates. To create a new template (skin), first create a new directory: mkdir -p ${HOME}/.photon/templates/my_theme/ Then copy the contents of /usr/share/photon/templates/photonv1/ to this new directory. Photon only needs three files to build pages: index.html used to display the content of a folder image.html used to display the page for an image movie.html used to display the page for a movie If a file is missing, then photon will throw an error and will not run. HOW TO BUILD A GALLERY
Quick start $ photon -o myoutputdir /photos Use the gimp plugin $ photon --resize-plugin=gimp -v -o myoutputdir /photos Change the size for all images and the thumbnail and keep the original photo $ photon --sizelist=0,1600x1200,800x600 --thumbsize=320x240 -o myoutputdir /photos Create a gallery from your custom template (skin) $ photon -k my_theme -o myoutputdir /photos See photon help $ photon --help OPTIONS
-a | --awstats Insert Javascript for Awstats --awstats-url=URL Change default value for Awstats script url -c NAME | --comment Name of the comment file (default .comments) -d NUM | --display-columns=NUM Number of columns in index (default 3) -E | --no-exif Don't include EXIF information in HTML file -f | --force Overwrite non-image generated files (html, javascript, etc) (default no) -ff | --force --force Overwrite image files (default no) -h | --help Print this help -I | --no-index Do not generate the high level index.html -J | --no-javascript Do not use javascript (no shortcuts, ... ) -k | --skin=THEME Skin selector (default photonv1) --print-skins Print out available skins (templates) -l NUM | --display-lines=NUM Number of lines in index (default 5) -m | --movie Movie mode, include link to movie (*.mov) -o NAME | --output-directory=NAME Name of the output directory -s LIST | --sizelist=LIST Image sizes (default 0,1024x768,800x600,640x480). Zero, which is the default, uses the original resolution. W x H specifies the width and height of the image in pixels. -t SIZE | --thumbsize=SIZE Size of thumbnails (default 160x120) -v | --verbose Verbosely print information -V | --version Print program version number -z | --compress Compress the original image if selected (default copy the image) --exif-bordercolor=COLOR Exif window border color (default #008000) --exif-bgcolor=COLOR Exif window background color (default #f0fff0) --exif-fgcolor=COLOR Exif window text color (default black) --body-bgcolor=COLOR Body background color (default #ccccff) --img-bgcolor=COLOR Image background color (default white) --exclude=PATTERN Exclude files matching PATTERN --resize-plugin=PLUG Where PLUG is the program used to create thumbnails internal: fastest method (default) gimp: use Gimp>1.x (better quality) --resize-quality-low=NUM Quality for small image. 0 (bad) and 100 (good) --resize-quality-high=NUM Quality for big image 0 (bad) and 100 (good) --gimp-program=PROG use PROG for gimp SHORTCUTS WHILE VIEWING AN IMAGE
n/SPACE Go to the next image (with the same resolution) p/BACKSPACE Go to the previous image (with the same resolution) s Start/Stop the slideshow +/- Increase/Decrease by one second the slideshow's period h Show shortcut and help i Show Exif information z Change to the higher resolution [NOT YET IMPLEMENTED] SEE ALSO
gimp(1) AUTHOR
Written by Luc Saillard, <luc@saillard.org> Main web site: http://www.saillard.org/programs_and_patches/photon/ This manual page was written by Kevin Coyner <kcoyner@debian.org> for the Debian project but may be used by others. 12/16/2006 PHOTON(1)