Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: wildcard in sed substitution
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting wildcard in sed substitution Post 302492736 by Franklin52 on Tuesday 1st of February 2011 10:01:00 AM
Old 02-01-2011
One way:
Code:
sed '/<b>Task:/s/ [0-9]*//' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Single character wildcard for SED

Could someone tell me the single character wildcard for SED? I have the file below: $ more input2 AAA /A/B/C BBB /D/E/F CCC /G/H/I DDD I want to remove all strings which contain forward slashs "/" to get the below: AAA BBB CCC I tried to do it in SED by the command below but I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevefox
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed help/wildcard substitution

I need to perform the following substitutions and have been struggling to determine if or how I can do this with sed or perl. I need to change the string foo(bar) to moo(bar,0) wherever this occurs in a file. Is there a way to do this? I'm thinking there might be a wildcard of some sort that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike@NZ
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to cut string with wildcard (sed)

i got text file and contain.... SKYPE Dec 11 09:26:05 IN=eth0 OUT=eth1 SRC=75.38.161.80 DST=192.168.1.56 PROTO=UDP SPT=30645 DPT=12630 LEN=66 SKYPE Dec 11 09:26:05 IN=eth1 OUT=eth0 SRC=192.168.1.56 DST=118.109.39.86 PROTO=UDP SPT=12630 DPT=15889 LEN=75 SKYPE Dec 11 09:26:05 IN=eth1 OUT=eth0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slackman
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

use sed do batch wildcard string replace

Hi, Here is what I want to do I want to search local directory and its sub directory, all the files which contain any string like _12345, then remove this string. String is a combination of _ plus a random integer number. For example, here is one line in a file before <properties... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bp5000
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed delete wildcard within a string

Hi I would like to batch delete the "note" entry from bib files. The start would be defined by "note ={" and the end by "}." (see example bib entry below). I tried the following command which does not have any effect: cat input.bib| sed -e 's/note = {.*}.//' > output.bib Any help would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gerggeismann
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wildcard use with SED command

Hello, I am fairly new to Linux in general and I am trying to use SED to make some replacements in a file. Below is sample of what the file is like. <Grouping id="024"><Source>ABC</Source><GroupingKey>000000000816</GroupingKey></Grouping><Grouping... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: runforfun7
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed Wildcard

Hello, I apologize for asking what is probably a simple question but I have been unable to understand the other posts on the topic. I have a file that has the following several lines: ABC DEF GH:IJKLMNOP_QRS_TUV_11112012_ABCL5 ABC DEF GH:IJKLMNOP_QRS_TUV_11112013_ABCL4 ABC DEF... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MolecularToast
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed using wildcard

Hi Folks, I had a requirement to replace a pattern a.*a with 'a' alone. I'm writing a sed command to do that. But I'm not able to work this out. Pls help me. echo 'a123a456a789' | sed 's/a.*a/a/' Expected o/p : a456a789 But actual o/p is a789. :confused: how can write that... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: poova
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with use of the ? wildcard in regex substitution.

I'm trying to use Larry Wall's rename (prename) tool to rename multiple files: $ ls -1 blar.m4mp3 BLAH.mpmp3 bar foo.m4mp3 foo bar.mpmp3 I'm trying to fix the extensions so they're all .mp3: rename 's/m?mp3/mp3/' *mp3 I expect m?mp3 to match the extensions,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ropers
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed replace characters using a wildcard

Hello, I have some data that looks like the following, > <SALTDATA> (OVS0199262) HCl > <IDNUMBER> (OVS0199262) OVS0199262 > <SUPPLIER> (OVS0199262) TimTec > <EMAIL> (OVS0199262) info@timtec.net > <WEBSITE> (OVS0199262) http://www.timtec.net I need to remove the data in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)