Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: startup script
Operating Systems AIX startup script Post 302492710 by zxmaus on Tuesday 1st of February 2011 08:31:11 AM
Old 02-01-2011
It's just personal taste, but the only reason I put anything into inittab would be if I want it to respawn if it dies. So another suggestion would be to put it into a file, make it executable, name it rc.cd or whatever you like, put it into /etc/rc.d/init.d and link it as S99cd in /etc/rc.d/rc2.d
Regards
zxmaus
This User Gave Thanks to zxmaus For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Startup script

New in Unix, I am adding a line "route add 57.14.y.y 57.14.x.x" every day after rebooting the system. Where can I add the line so during boot up (the system is re-started every day by design (???) the line is executed? (I tried the /etc/rc2.d/S90 but for some reason the line needs to be added... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: texaspanama
2 Replies

2. AIX

Startup script and services

Guy's What the exact steps to mention for example this script /usr/start/start.sh to be as start up script , I want it to be automatically started when I reboot the server . (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ITHelper
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Startup Script Somewhere ?

Hello there! I need help. Everytime I login to my ssh, i see this: -bash: .export: command not found -bash: .export: command not found -bash: .export: command not found -bash: .export: command not found any help ? thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fbauto1
0 Replies

4. Solaris

how to put script in startup

Hi All, O/S: Solaris 5.10 Software installed :- Oracle 10G Weblogic 10.30 the problem i face that when the server restart for any reason SQL> exit bash-3.00# sqlplus sys/manchester as sysdba SQL*Plus: Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production on Sun May 2 11:04:50 2010 Copyright (c)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xxmasrawy
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

running my own script during startup

Hi, I am using scientific linux with is a red hat cloning. I have written a script and I want it to be run during startup before the user log in. How do I do that? I know that there is some connection to the run level and the directory /etc/rc.d. But I don't know how exactly to do it ?... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Apache tomcat startup script not booting at startup.

I copied the script from an AskUbuntu post - #!/bin/bash ### BEGIN INIT INFO # Provides: tomcat7 # Required-Start: $network # Required-Stop: $network # Default-Start: 2 3 4 5 # Default-Stop: 0 1 6 # Short-Description: Start/Stop Tomcat server ### END INIT INFO ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hijanoqu
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Startup script problem

The attached file is a copy of my rc.local. The rc.local script appears to execute as the tightvncserver gets started. However the nodemon process does not start. The element nodemon is a symlink to nodemon and the path is correct. I have a little start script located in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: barrygordon
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Startup script

I can't quite find a clear answer on how to properly write a start up script. Does anybody have any ideas?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Huitzilopochtli
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script not running at startup

I am having check.sh script and check.service which I include to /etc/systemd/system/ chmod 744 /usr/local/bin/check.sh chmod 664 /etc/systemd/system/check.service systemctl daemon-reload systemctl enable check.servicecheck.sh: websockify 5555 localhost:7000 & date >... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
9 Replies
startup(7)						 Miscellaneous Information Manual						startup(7)

NAME
startup - event signalling system startup SYNOPSIS
startup [ENV]... DESCRIPTION
The startup event is generated by the Upstart init(8) daemon after it has completed its own initialisation and is the signal that the rest of the system may be started. Typically this will involve checking and mounting the partitions and drives that form the filesystem, loading drivers for connected devices and starting the X windowing system or other login environment. In the default Upstart configuration, the primary task run on the startup event is the /etc/init/rc-sysinit.conf job responsible for gener- ating the System V compatible runlevel(7) event. See that page for a more detailed explanation of this process. Paradoxically there is currently no corresponding Upstart-native event signifying that the system is to be shutdown, only the System V com- patible runlevel 0 and runlevel 6 events provide this functionality. EXAMPLE
A service with no other dependencies run on startup might use: start on startup SEE ALSO
runlevel(7) init(8) Upstart 2009-07-09 startup(7)