Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Need help with mksysb backup on a DVD Post 302492707 by saikiran_1984 on Tuesday 1st of February 2011 08:28:40 AM
Old 02-01-2011
Thanks samsungsamsung

My doubt is wether DVD-ROM drive allows me to write the mksysb image on to the DVD or is it only for reading the content already present on the DVD.

In one of the AIX Documents, it says for backup on a DVD, we need 7201 DVD-RAM Drive, but what i have is a DVD-ROM drive, so will it allow me to write on the DVD inserted in the DVD-ROM Drive.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

mksysb backup

How I can to obtain a full Backup of a AIX server with the command "mksysb"?? what is the correct form? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: granador
1 Replies

2. AIX

mksysb backup testing

Hi All i have a number of IBM servers with different models, and i want to do a backup for the rootvg using mksysb and that backup will be stored on a 4mm DDS tape. i have only one machine (p550) which i can use it for testing purposes, so the quesion is that can i test my mksysb backups on... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheEngineer
6 Replies

3. AIX

mksysb backup

hi guys, i just want to take my server's mksysb backup through dvd-rom.but am having the doubt that, while am taking the mksysb backup in image it shows 8GB. So can i confirm that it takes 2 dvds and after writing in 1st cd it will ask for 2nd cd?????? please help me out. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rrlog
1 Replies

4. AIX

How to restore from mksysb backup

system is not booting ... i want to restore from mksysb backup. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AIXlearner
2 Replies

5. AIX

Need to take MKSYSB backup

Hi, Can any one suggest me how to take the mksysb backup in CD (VCD/DVD). I have tried like #mkcd -d /dev/cd0, but its not working. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: oprakash
3 Replies

6. AIX

mksysb backup

hi we are having one rootvg in that we created one lv named mksysb_backuplv and normally script will run accordingly to take the backup in the cron,here i just want to know if any rootfilesystem was correpted like /usr or /tmp ,then how could i restore the particular filesystme from the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senmak
1 Replies

7. AIX

MKSYSB backup

Hi, Currently we are taking mksysb backup through smitty mksysb command and directing the backup to happen on a tape.We have inbuilt tape drives in the AIX servers. Can we take the mksysb backup through 3rd party software tool (Symantec netbackup of IBm TSM). If yes what is the procedure and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dwiravi
4 Replies

8. AIX

No response when inserting mksysb backup DVD #3

Hello AIXians, I have a corrupted file systems in my AIX server (6.1), which are /var, /home & /opt. I tried many times to fix them using fsck but it gives me: 'Fatal I/O error'. So I decided to restore them from bootable mksysb DVD (4 DVDs) after booting from these DVDs. Every thing was... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohannad
0 Replies

9. AIX

Using mkdvd to create bootable mksysb on dvd reports success but nothing on dvd?

Hello, Running AIX 7.1 7100-00-03-1115, trying to make a mksysb image to a dvd drive using mkdvd. My final command looks like this.. mkdvd -e -V rootvg -R -C /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/cd_fs -I /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/cd_images -M /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/mksysbimage -d /dev/cd0 -Y When i run this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
3 Replies

10. AIX

Can I use mkdvd to create bootable DVD from mksysb on tape

Hi, Is it possible to use mkdvd to create a bootable DVD using a mksysb on tape as the source image? On the system concerned, we don't have enough free space to create the mksysb to file first, so would like to use the existing tape mksysb backup. The DVD disk/s will then be used to boot a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alanp36
4 Replies
UPGRADE-SYSTEM(8)						 Debian GNU/Linux						 UPGRADE-SYSTEM(8)

NAME
upgrade-system - Command for upgrading and sanitizing a Debian system SYNOPSIS
upgrade-system DESCRIPTION
upgrade-system is an APT front-end that simplifies regular upgrading of Debian systems, only requiring an administrator's intervention whenever updated packages necessitate the configuration of new features. USAGE
upgrade-system is run from the command line shell by the administrator. It performs the following actions: o Resynchronize the list of available packages. o Upgrade all packages to their newest version. o Remove all obsolete package dependencies. o Clean retrieved archives off the APT cache. ENVIRONMENT
Setting the FLAUSCH environment variable enables useful advanced system sanitization features. See upgrade-system.conf(5) for more details. FILES
/etc/upgrade-system.conf AUTHORS
Copyright (C) 2003-2004 Martin Zdrahal <martin.zdrahal@konflux.at> Copyright (C) 2004,2012 Christoph Schindler <hop@30hopsmax.at> Copyright (C) 2004-2012 Martin-Eric Racine <martin-eric.racine@iki.fi> LICENSE
GPLv2+: GNU GPL version 2 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. SEE ALSO
apt(8), upgrade-system.conf(5). http://q-funk.iki.fi 2004-02-16 UPGRADE-SYSTEM(8)