Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Usage cut command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Usage cut command Post 302492699 by Diddy on Tuesday 1st of February 2011 07:38:54 AM
Old 02-01-2011
yeah tried it got it..thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cut usage in bash

Hello, Could you put some light on this: > echo "ref_categorie=test" | cut -c1-15- test > echo "ref_categorie=test" | cut -c1-14- =test echo "ref_categorie=test" | cut -c15- test echo "ref_categorie=test" | cut -c15 t > It's executed on AIX if that matters. The man page is not very... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsurko
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

3. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to display the space usage (memory usage) of a specific directory.

Hi all, Can you please tell me the command, with which one can know the amount of space a specific directory has used. df -k . ---> Displays, the amount of space allocated, and used for a directory. du -k <dir name> - gives me the memory used of all the files inside <dir> But i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhisheksunkari
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut Command error cut: Bad range

Hi Can anyone what I am doing wrong while using cut command. for f in *.log do logfilename=$f Log "Log file Name: $logfilename" logfile1=`basename $logfilename .log` flength=${#logfile1} Log "file length $flength" from_length=$(($flength - 15)) Log "from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgmm
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

cp -v command usage?

I am trying to output a log file from cp usage. I think this can be achieved. In my code I have this. cp -i -v ~/files/* ~/backups/oldfiles/;; > ~/logs/logfile.logThe error I get is "syntax error near unexpected token '>' What am I missing? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gameinn
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cut pid from ps using cut command

hay i am trying to get JUST the PID from the ps command. my command line is: ps -ef | grep "mintty" | cut -d' ' -f2 but i get an empty line. i assume that the delimiter is not just one space character, but can't figure out what should i do in order to do that. i know i can use awk or cut... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ran ber
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Cut command: can't make it cut fields

I'm a complete beginner in UNIX (and not a computer science student either), just undergoing a tutoring course. Trying to replicate the instructions on my own I directed output of the ls listing command (lists all files of my home directory ) to My_dir.tsv file (see the screenshot) to make use of... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: scrutinizerix
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Usage of '.' in MV command

Hi, Could you please let me know, why we should not use '.' in move command, if we use it, is it something wrong.. Please share the details on it. /home/rahualux/emp.csv /home/rahualux/details/employee_files/. Or other example for mutlipile files /home/rahualux/*.csv... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahualux
3 Replies
Module::Versions::Report(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Module::Versions::Report(3pm)

NAME
Module::Versions::Report -- report versions of all modules in memory SYNOPSIS
use Module::Versions::Report; ...and any code you want... This will run all your code normally, but then as the Perl interpreter is about to exit, it will print something like: Perl v5.6.1 under MSWin32. Modules in memory: attributes; AutoLoader v5.58; Carp; Config; DynaLoader v1.04; Exporter v5.562; Module::Versions::Report v1.01; HTML::Entities v1.22; HTML::HeadParser v2.15; HTML::Parser v3.25; [... and whatever other modules were loaded that session...] Consider its use from the command line: % perl -MModule::Versions::Report -MLWP -e 1 Perl v5.6.1 under MSWin32. Modules in memory: attributes; AutoLoader v5.58; [...] DESCRIPTION
I often get email from someone reporting a bug in a module I've written. I email back, asking what version of the module it is, what version of Perl on what OS, and sometimes what version of some relevent third library (like XML::Parser). They reply, saying "Perl 5". I say "I need the exact version, as reported by "perl -v"". They tell me. And I say "I, uh, also asked about the version of my module and XML::Parser [or whatever]". They say "Oh yeah. It's 2.27". "Is that my module or XML::Parser?" "XML::Parser." "OK, and what about my module's version?" "Ohyeah. That's 3.11." By this time, days have passed, and what should have been a simple operation -- reporting the version of Perl and relevent modules, has been needlessly complicated. This module is for simplifying that task. If you add "use Module::Versions::Report;" to a program (especially handy if your program is one that demonstrates a bug in some module), then when the program has finished running, you well get a report detailing the all modules in memory, and noting the version of each (for modules that defined a $VERSION, at least). USING
Importing If this package is imported then END block is set, and report printed to stdout on a program exit, so use "use Module::Versions::Report;" if you need a report on exit or "use Module::Versions::Report ();" otherwise and call report or print_report functions yourself. report and print_report functions The first one returns preformatted report as a string, the latter outputs a report to stdout. COPYRIGHT AND DISCLAIMER
Copyright 2001-2003 Sean M. Burke. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but without any warranty; without even the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. MAINTAINER
Ruslan U. Zakirov <ruz@bestpractical.com> AUTHOR
Sean M. Burke, <sburke@cpan.org> perl v5.10.0 2008-10-21 Module::Versions::Report(3pm)