Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers shell script for long listing of groupnames Post 302492570 by Scott on Monday 31st of January 2011 10:01:48 PM
Old 01-31-2011
This thread closed too.

Continue here...
https://www.unix.com/shell-programmin...ll-script.html

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

long listing of files up to a given date

Hi I would like to a long list of files up to a given date. I've tried: ls -al > filelist but this command gives me all the files. I've also have tried the find command: find . -mtime -10 -type f -print > filelist This gives me information on active file within the past 10 days and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rlh
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is there a way to tell how long does a shell script's execution take?

Is there a way to tell how long does a shell script(or a shell command)'s execution take? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: meili100
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

long process listing with /usr/ucb/ps weird behaves

hello I am trying to run the following script to get the my-progam pid: #!/bin/ksh tt=`/usr/ucb/ps| grep -i $1| grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}'` echo $tt When I run the script I get the more PIDs $./test.sh my-program 12033 15033 15034 Actually my-program's PID is 12033....I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreeniatbp
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep/matching help with long listing of directories

How do I get this to work? cat somefile | grep "-rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 287 Sep 10 15:12 shells~" This is the the desired output -rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 287 Sep 10 15:12 shells~ I basically want an exact match of the line I am grepping for, the special characters and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: streetfighter2
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Long listing of files using find command on remote server via SSH

Hi , I am trying to find some files on a remote machine using the find command. >ssh -q atukuri@remotehostname find /home/atukuri/ -name abc.txt /home/atukuri/abc.txt The above command works fine and lists the file, but if I want to do a long listing of files (ls -l) its not working . ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: atukuri
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

script regarding listing long group names

Hello, When listing the file systems (using ls -ltr) , if the group names are longer the group name is getting truncated. Can someone help with the script which would display the truncated group name? I appreciate if someone could help in this regard. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mike12
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Listing the long groupnames

Hello, When listing the file systems (using ls -ltr) , if the group names are longer the group name is getting truncated. Can someone help with the script which would display the truncated group name? I appreciate if someone could help in this regard. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mike12
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in listing directories inside korn shell script

Hi All, I need to loop through each item in current path, if it is a direcotry do soemthing, if its a file jsut skip it and move to next item in loop. Tried if test ! -d $i then echo "The current item $i is not a directory" continue fi This doesnt seems to be working .... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: justchill
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to run sql query having a long listing of parameters

Hi, I have a query regarding execution of a sql query having long listing of parameters ..I need to execute this query inside a shell script. The scenario is like.... Suppose I have a file abc.txt that has the card numbers..it could be in thousands.. then I need to fire a query like ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsachan
12 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Listing a file/directory with 7 letters long

I know that I can use wild cards:ls ???????to list files 7 characters long, but how do i omit the .?! and spaces? Please use CODE tags when displaying sample input, sample output, and code segments. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiya54
2 Replies
Ns_Url(3aolserver)					   AOLserver Library Procedures 					Ns_Url(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Ns_AbsoluteUrl, Ns_ParseUrl, Ns_RelativeUrl, Ns_SkipUrl - URL manipulation routines SYNOPSIS
#include "ns.h" int Ns_AbsoluteUrl(Ns_DString *pds, char *url, char *baseurl) int Ns_ParseUrl(char *url, char **pprotocol, char **phost, char **pport, char **ppath, char **ptail) char * Ns_RelativeUrl(char *url, char *location) char * Ns_SkipUrl(Ns_Request *request, int n) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Ns_AbsoluteUrl(pds, url, baseurl) Construct an URL based on baseurl but with as many parts of the incomplete url as possible. Return NS_OK or NS_ERROR. Ns_ParseUrl(url, pprotocol, phost, pport, ppath, ptail) Parse a URL into its component parts. Pointers to the protocol, host, port, path, and "tail" (last path element) will be set by ref- erence in the passed-in pointers. The passed-in url will be modified. Ns_RelativeUrl(url, location) If the url passed in is for this server, then the initial part of the URL is stripped off. e.g., on a server whose location is http://www.foo.com, Ns_RelativeUrl of "http://www.foo.com/hello" will return "/hello". Returns a pointer to the beginning of the relative url in the passed-in url, or NULL if error. Will set errno on error. Ns_SkipUrl(request, n) Return a pointer n elements into the request's url. SEE ALSO
nsd(1), info(n) KEYWORDS
AOLserver 4.0 Ns_Url(3aolserver)