Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Script to automatically map samba shares as network drive Post 302492464 by barrydocks on Monday 31st of January 2011 01:35:24 PM
Old 01-31-2011
Script to automatically map samba shares as network drive

Hopefully someone will be kind enough to help me. I have a fileserver acting as a PDC and providing samba shares to a small network. Authentication to the PDC is via LDAP (setup using ebox) The users all have real local accounts on the server.

I would like a windows logon script that will:
1. automatically mount the samba shares as mapped networked drives, ie:
/media/share1 to P:
/media/share2 to Q:
2. map the "My Documents" folder to the users /home share which I think is automatically mounted as H:

Ideally I would like to map the shares that are specifically available to different groups but this is not essential, ie share1 to group A and share 2 to group A & B.

Thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Map Network Drive...

Hallo...Hi, Anyone can help me???How can I map network drive from Windows if i'm using the Sun Solaris 8 server? :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrboomber
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

How to enumerate samba shares with client

I have a samba server node and I want to mount the samba (CIFS) shares from a second (client) unix machine. However, the unix mount command requires I specify the name of the share. What if I don't know the name of the share? How can I enumerate all the shares from the samba client machine? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siegfried
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Map Drive From Windows To Apache Shared Drive?

Anyone know how I can map a windows drive to an apache shared drive? In my httpd.conf file, I have: Alias /merc_rpts/ "/u/merc_rpts/" <Directory "/u/merc_rpts"> Options Indexes </Directory> I'm able to bring up a browser and see the contents of this folder. In... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gseyforth
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

extraction of samba shares with sed

Hi there, My samba configuration file looks like that : ... ... path = /home/samba/profiles/ ... path = /home/samba/shares/family valid users = family path = /home/samba/shares/admins valid users = admins path = /home/samba/shares/publicI want to extract the list of standard... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
3 Replies

5. Linux

Auto map network drive using SAMBA with batch file

Hi everyone. I have several shares (see smb.conf below). Each setup fairly similarly, and several groups. My end goals are: 1) to have the share automatically map as the P: drive to members of the employees group 2) to have the share automatically map as the t: drive to members of the tech... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: unassassinable
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Samba - Creating shares

So I have Samba installed on my server and I have to create two shares. Make a backup of your smb.conf - call it smb.conf.orig. Create a share called shared that allows read and write permissions for everyone and points to /media/shared. Create another share called www that points to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shadowcat
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help mounting Samba shares

I have these two shares on my Ubuntu Server: path = /media/share read only = no guest ok = yes path = /var/www read only = noI want to mount them to the directories that I created on my Desktop called "shared" and "www" how do I do this? I ran the command: smbclient -L... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shadowcat
1 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Copy numerous private Samba-shares as one user. (Syntax question)

Hello Forum, I was overwhelmed by how fast and correct the responses to my first question in this forum was, and I hope I expreience this again today. The reason is that I have to copy a fileserver (Ubuntu 8.04 32 with Samba) to another server via Internet within tomorrow. I have no problem... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: primaxx
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Map network drive

Hi I need to restore an oracle backup from production in a test x86 Solaris 10 box . But the space is limited and does not have enough to hold both the backup as well as database . Hence , I am thinking of mapping a network drive from another x86 Solaris 10. Pls let me know if it is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rossdba
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with accessing Samba shares on external (NON-DOMAIN) webserver(s)

Hi all, You may have seen my recent topic, where I asked for help getting some samba shares to work on our network. Now that these are working, I move on to the next hurdle! We have a few externally hosted (Windows Server 2008 R2) web servers which are not on our domain, but can still... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgreen81
0 Replies
shares-admin(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   shares-admin(1)

NAME
shares-admin - Shared Folders Administration Tool SYNOPSIS
shares-admin [OPTION...] DESCRIPTION
shares-admin is part of the GNOME system tools, a set of tools to easily access and manage system configuration. shares-admin allows you to share folders to other computers in your network or in the internet. OPTIONS
shares-admin accepts the standard GNOME and GTK options. AUTHORS
shares-admin was written by Carlos Garnacho Parro <garnacho@tuxerver.net> and others. This manual page was written by Sven Arvidsson <sa@whiz.se>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). SEE ALSO
services-admin(1), network-admin(1), time-admin(1), users-admin(1), gtk-options(7), gnome-options(7) The online documentation available through the program's Help menu. GNOME
2007-05-08 shares-admin(1)