Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux kernel 2.6.20?
Operating Systems Linux Linux kernel 2.6.20? Post 302492427 by Corona688 on Monday 31st of January 2011 11:31:48 AM
Old 01-31-2011
2.6.20 is a very old kernel by now. The oldest gentoo still has unmasked is 2.6.32-r20

If you manually install a kernel that old anyway, it'll probably break many things. modern udev for one requires at least 2.6.21 I believe

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux Kernel 0.0.0.1

I'm looking to download the oldest version of the linux kernel that I can, just to look at it. Does anyone know where I can get it (or a slightyly later version) from? Any help on this quest would be great, thanks. Paul (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: KrazyGuyPaul
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

new linux on old kernel

is it possible to run REDHAT 7 (asplinux 7.2) on kernel 1.XXXX ? wil be FIRST_NEED programs work ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MR.Z
0 Replies

3. Linux

Linux kernel

Hi All ! Is linux kernel preemptive or non-preemptive? My understanding is preemptive kernel. is it correct? Thanks & Regards Venkat Gopu (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatgopu
4 Replies
DH_INSTALLUDEV(1)						     Debhelper							 DH_INSTALLUDEV(1)

NAME
dh_installudev - install udev rules files SYNOPSIS
dh_installudev [debhelperoptions] [-n] [--name=name] [--priority=priority] DESCRIPTION
dh_installudev is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing udev rules files. Code is added to the preinst and postinst to handle the upgrade from the old udev rules file location. FILES
debian/package.udev Installed into lib/udev/rules.d/ in the package build directory. OPTIONS
--name=name When this parameter is used, dh_installudev looks for and installs files named debian/package.name.udev instead of the usual debian/package.udev. --priority=priority Sets the priority string of the rules.d symlink. Default is 40. -n, --noscripts Do not modify preinst/postinst scripts. NOTES
Note that this command is not idempotent. dh_prep(1) should be called between invocations of this command. Otherwise, it may cause multiple instances of the same text to be added to maintainer scripts. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 8.9.0ubuntu2.1 2012-06-12 DH_INSTALLUDEV(1)