Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Assistance with combining, sorting and saving multi files into one new file Post 302492425 by jaacmmason on Monday 31st of January 2011 11:26:53 AM
Old 01-31-2011
Thank you for your assistance! This worked perfectly for what I want to have accomplished!!!
This User Gave Thanks to jaacmmason For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

need help sorting and combining files

I have 2 files with many lines. File one example: CN=VXX,CN=ug88888,OU=America,OU=State,OU=VXX, File two example: ul22222 Jon Smith ug8888 Mildred Apple I need a routine that will take the ug88888 portion of the first file and pull out the corresponding full line in file two. Then add the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptarg
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

In need of multi threaded perl assistance

I need to write a perl script to execute external programs and grab the output and return code. Each program should be killed if it has not completed within X seconds. Imagine that the script goes something like this : @commands = &get_commands(); foreach $cmd (@commands) { $pid =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SandmanCL
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sorting multi dimensional array

Hi there, Can someone let me know how to sort the 2 dimensional array below by column 1 then by column 2? 22 55 2222 2230 33 66 44 58 222 240 11 25 22 60 33 45 output: 11 25 22 55 22 60 33 45 33 66 44 58 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: phoeberunner
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting multi-column values from a specific file

Hi, all. I need a shell script which gathers data from a remote XML file and then displays it according to my needs.. I need this for my job due to the fact that I need to keep track price changes of euro, usd, gold, etc. The XML file I am talking about is located at this page: cnnturk dot... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: canimsin
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing txt file, saving graphics files

hi everyone, i am a newbie in shell programming. and i want to simply go through a text file that contains 3 "columns", split by ';' customerID ; link-to-contract ; save-as-filename so an example would simply look like this now i want to loop through every line, and save the file from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Confidence
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi level sorting script

I want to sort like below Suppose few lines in a file is like this systemid:ABC messagedestination:batchxpr replytoqname: myca systemid:BCD messagedestination:realtime replytoqname: myca systemid:ABC messagedestination:realtime replytoqname: eac systemid: BCD messagedestination:mqonline... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srkmish
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assistance for sorting files

Hi there, I have tried using the "find" command to do this but to no avail as the "find -mtime" command I used descend to the directories from my current working directory. Say in "directoryA" has multiple files and those files are created on a daily basis. Under "directoryB", there are... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chewku
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi line sorting in Linux

I have log files with following format - YYYY/MM/DD HH:mm:ss.msec|field2|filed3| log message Now the message itself can be multi line message containing new line character. for e.g. 2013/02/05 15:33:12.234|abc|xyz| This is first single line message. 2013/02/05 15:33:12.786|abc|xyz| This... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gini32
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sorting and saving values based on unique entries

Hi all, I wanted to save the values of a file that contains unique entries based on a specific column (column 4). my sample file looks like the following: input file: 200006-07file.txt 145 35 10 3 147 35 12 4 146 36 11 3 145 34 12 5 143 31 15 4 146 30 14 5 desired output files:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ida1215
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Saving files with file name as output

Hi, i need help with a file creation of an output program. I've got a program that with #find creates an output for each files in a directory. If i give this command : -o spec$(date -u +%Y%m%dt%H%M) it creates just one file, overwriting all the others since it is the creation date .... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Board27
2 Replies
XSDDIAGRAM(1)							   User Commands						     XSDDIAGRAM(1)

NAME
xsddiagram - Xml Schema Definition (XSD) diagram viewer SYNOPSIS
XSDDiagram.exe [-o output.svg] [-so EXTENSION] [-r RootElement]* [-e N] [-z N] [file.xsd] DESCRIPTION
XSD Diagram, version 0.10.0.0 -o FILE specifies the output image. Only '.svg' or '.png' are allowed. If not present, the GUI is shown. -so EXTENSION specifies the output image is streamed through the standard output. EXTENSION can be: png, jpg, svg or emf (emf on Windows only). If not present, the GUI is shown. -r ELEMENT specifies the root element of the tree. You can put several -r options = several root elements in the tree. -e N specifies the expand level (from 0 to what you want). Be carefull, the result image can be huge. -z N specifies the zoom percentage from 10% to 1000% (only for .png image). Work only with the '-o', '-os png' or '-os jpg' option. Example 1: > XSDDiagram.exe -o file.png -r TotoRoot -e 3 -z 200 ./folder1/toto.xsd will generate a PNG image from a diagram with a root element 'TotoRoot' and expanding the tree from the root until the 3rd level. Example 2: > XSDDiagramConsole.exe ./folder1/toto.xsd will load the xsd file in the GUI window. Example 3: > XSDDiagram.exe -r TotoRoot -e 2 ./folder1/toto.xsd will load the xsd file in the GUI window with a root element 'TotoRoot' and expanding the tree from the root until the 2nd level. Example 4: > XSDDiagram.exe -os svg -r TotoRoot -e 3 ./folder1/toto.xsd will write a SVG image in the standard output from a diagram with a root element 'TotoRoot' and expanding the tree from the root until the 3rd level. xsddiagram 0.10 April 2012 XSDDIAGRAM(1)