Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: video thumbnail help
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users video thumbnail help Post 302492151 by cokedude on Sunday 30th of January 2011 05:30:17 AM
Old 01-30-2011
video thumbnail help

How do you make video thumbnails like this in Linux? The only program I know of that can do this is Media Player Classic. I hope there is a way to do this in Linux. What would these types of thumbnails be called?

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

count, split and thumbnail creation of images

Hi, Need to do 3 tasks (independently) on images (.tif and .pdf) by using ksh/bash/perl - counting number of pages in an image - splitting the pages of images into separate individual images - creation of thumbnails Actually, i'm absolutely clueless about this but thought perl could do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
1 Replies

2. Linux

USB video capture? composite, s-video, etc

does anybody have any experience with any of these composite video to usb devices on linux? usb video capture - Google Product Search would like to get one but a linux newbie and having trouble figuring out if any are ported... i've found lots of things that link to freedesktop.org DisplayLink... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: danpaluska
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Video Cards :: Video Memory Intercept and Redirect

I need a broad spectrum understanding on this subject, and any help would be greatly appreciated. First of all, as I understand it... The way the video hardware works is the CPU sends information about input and possible changes to the display, the video card receives these changes, makes the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ciNG
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files in thumbnail folder to a secondary location for Amazon S3

Hello all! I am trying to create a script that will copy files from one location, to another but only folders that are filled with thumbnails to an exact directory replica in the second location. For example: /images/2012/01/19/Event/Photographer/thumbnails to ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Buzzman25
4 Replies
thumbpdf(1)							       teTeX							       thumbpdf(1)

NAME
thumbpdf - generate thumbnail images for a PDF file created with pdftex SYNOPSIS
thumbpdf [ OPTION... ] PDF_FILE DESCRIPTION
thumbpdf is used to create thumbnail images of individual pages within a PDF (Portable Document Format) document. USAGE
First run pdftex(1) on your document to create a PDF file. Then run thumbpdf to generate the thumbnails, a PDF file containing the thumb- nails, and a pdfTeX file to include the thumbnails in the PDF file. Finally, run pdftex(1) on your file again to create the final PDF file. thumbpdf calls gs(1) to generate PNG images of the pages within PDF_FILE, and pdftex(1) to create a PDF file containing the thumbnail images. OPTIONS
--help print usage --(no)makepng make PNG thumbnail images (default: true) --(no)makepdf generate new PDF file containing the thumbnails (default: true) --(no)makedef create a TeX file for pdftex(1) to read in (default: true) --(no)quiet suppress messages (default: false) --(no)verbose verbose messages (default: false) --(no)debug print debugging information while parsing (default: false) --resolution res resolution for GhostScript step (default: 9) --compress n pdfcompresslevel for thumbpdf.pdf (0-9; default: 9) --device | pngdev GhostScript PNG device; dev = `mono', `gray', `16', `256', `16m' (default: `png16m') FILES
thumbnn.png PNG thumbnail images thumbpdf.pdf PDF file containing thumbnail images thumbpdf.tex A pdfTeX program to include the thumbnails file thumbpdf.log pdfTeX log file thumbpdf.sty a LaTeX package to be included in files for which a user wants to generate thumbnails SEE ALSO
gs(1), pdftex(1). Web page: <http://tug.org/teTeX/> BUGS
None known, but report any bugs found to the author. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1999. thumbpdf is distributed under version 1, or (at your option) a later version of the LaTeX Project Public License. AUTHOR
thumbpdf was written by Heiko Oberdiek <oberdiek@ruf.uni-freiburg.de>. This manual page was written by C.M. Connelly <c@eskimo.com>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system. It may be used by other distributions with- out contacting the author. Any mistakes or omissions in the manual page are my fault; inquiries about or corrections to this manual page should be directed to me (and not to the primary author). teTeX September 2000 thumbpdf(1)