Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions File transfer from Red Hat Linux to Windows 7 Post 302492093 by Corona688 on Saturday 29th of January 2011 06:07:36 PM
Old 01-29-2011
wget of course won't work unless your file is on a webpage...

Since you can ssh you can almost certainly scp. Since you didn't say what you did, I can't tell you why it didn't work, but here's how you use it:

Code:
pscp "username@host:/path/to/remote/file" "local_file"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How do I connect windows xp to Linux Red hat unix

I just bought a new pc and my unix software is installed on my old computer. I want to take the hard disk outta my old pc and then install it on my new pc so my new pc has 2 hard drives. now, after my pc new has 2 hard drives, one being unix the other being windows xp, i want to be able to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
7 Replies

2. Linux

How to access WINDOWS drives from RED HAT 9???

Hello , I am using Red hat 9. I want to access the windows drives from my Linux. Can you please tell me the commands to mount those drives. Till now I am rebooting into windows, copying files into a pen drive and then again coming back to Red hat. help me please (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsharath
7 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Need to install red hat linux on existing windows vista OS as dual boot

HI ALL, I need to install linux on already existing windows vista OS. I tried to install linux,am getting error while creating patitions, i)selected manula patition with grude option.. after that when i m selecting free space to create mount points, its giving error "could not allocate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack00423
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File transfer from Windows machine to Linux server

Hi guys, I need to send a txt file from a windows machine to Linux server. Any help is appreciated.... Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowrishankar05
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

Is there a way to use windows RDP with red hat 6

Besides installing VNC on the red hat server which i know i can do, is there any RDP servers (using the windows rdp client) to remote control a red hat 6.2 server? Thanks in advance for this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Directory / File changes on CIFS share mounted on Red Hat Linux

I have a requirement to copy the changed file on CIFS share mounted on Red Hat Linux to a remote FTP/SFTP server. I tried inotify-tools, but this didn't track the modified files. Has anyone tried incron or any other suggestion? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SupeAlok
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Unix services for windows & Linux\Red Hat

I am not too familiar with linux, so please keep that in mind while reading this post. We have a few linux servers joined to the domain, and linux services for windows running. I have a user that can connect to one linux server, but not another. I ran the cat /etc/passwrd and noticed the user... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dcatcha
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

Converting fixed width file to pipe delimiter in Linux(red-hat)

Hi, I am facing a typical scenario for AWK command . In HP- UNIX is behave as expected but in red hat linux same awk code is not give the same result. The below code is for convert the fixed width file to pipe delimiter file in HP-unix server. awk code: #!/bin/awk -f NR!=1... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: brij_abhi
11 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote file transfer between Linux and Windows

Hello, I have a file, say details.txt on my windows machine. I want to copy it to linux machine through a shell script and edit the file and transfer the file back to windows machine. (All I want to do is to edit the file on windows machine from linux machine by a script.) I have tried scp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Devendra Hupri
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listing strings from file using awr Linux Red Hat

Hi experts, I have a file "salida_test" containing (in repetitive way): Point ID 1.750251 Point Name >BRI_4L_SA2__INT Interruptor 33kV Parque Industrial < value 2 Time of last value update (ascii): >03/07/17 11:11:14.596 ART< TLQ 0000000c00004000 station #79 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: carlino70
6 Replies
XSIL2GRAPHICS(1)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  XSIL2GRAPHICS(1)

NAME
xsil2graphics - generate scripts to load xsil output data files SYNOPSIS
xsil2graphics [options] <xsil_file> DESCRIPTION
Utility program bundled with xmds, used to generate scripts that load simulation output data into either matlab (http://www.mathworks.com) or scilab (http://www.scilab.org), which are then used to manipulate the results further if necessary and then to present the results graphically. Matlab To generate a matlab m-file, from the xsil file data_file.xsil use the command: bash$ xsil2graphics data_file.xsil or bash$ xsil2graphics --matlab data_file.xsil Then at the matlab command prompt: >> data_file Scilab To generate a scilab script file, from the xsil file data_file.xsil use the command: bash$ xsil2graphics --scilab data_file.xsil Then at the scilab command prompt: --> exec('data_file.sci') OPTIONS
-m, --matlab generate matlab m-file script to load data from the xsil data file (the default option) -s, -scilab generate scilab script file to load data from the xsil data file -o, --outfile <out_file> specify an alternative output script filename to the default which is the input xsil filename with the .xsil extension changed to either .m for the matlab m-file or .sci for the scilab script file EXAMPLES
bash$ xsil2graphics nlse.xsil Generates the output nlse.m to load the data into matlab bash$ xsil2graphics -m nlse.xsil Also generates the output nlse.m but explicitly sets matlab to be the output format bash$ xsil2graphics --scilab nlse.xsil Generates the output nlse.sci to load the data into scilab bash$ xsil2graphics --outfile nlse_new.m nlse.xsil Generates the output nlse_new.m to load the data into matlab AUTHORS
Originally written by Greg Collecutt Maintained by Paul Cochrane with code contributed by Joe Hope BUGS
No known bugs. SEE ALSO
xmds(1), loadxsil(1) http://www.xmds.org COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000-2004 Code contributed by Greg Collecutt, Joseph Hope and Paul Cochrane This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307, USA. perl v5.8.2 2004-06-21 XSIL2GRAPHICS(1)