Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to ignore errors in script Post 302491632 by software5723 on Friday 28th of January 2011 12:25:56 AM
Old 01-28-2011
How to ignore errors in script

I have a simple script that processes files. Here's a simplified example of what I'm doing:
Code:
foreach t (web.*)
  mv $t dnw$t:e.log
end

foreach t (card.*)
  mv $t card$t:e.log
end

The problem is that sometimes there is no web.* file. In that case, I get an error "foreach: No match" and the script terminates.

I don't want the script to terminate. If web.* does not exist, I simply want the script to drop through to the next command, and, in this case, process card.*.

How do I keep the script from terminating and get it to drop through to the next command?

(I'm on a FreeBSD Unix server.)

Thank you.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ignore diriectories within a script

Hi there, I have a small issue with a script that I am running. I need it to ignore certain dir when copying over files. Ie the code is pointing towards the dir etest but I need to ignore the dirs INLINE and ENG which is contained within this...could anyone give me a pointer on how to do this? I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lodey
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Forcing Makefile to Ignore Errors

Is there A way I can Force a makefile to ignore errors? i believe it is using gcc. i have a set of commands in the makefile that i want to run and each time the makefile gets to the point of this commands, it aborts because of the commands. how can i get the makefile to keep running... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ignore negative number in script

Hi, does anyone know how to ignore whether a number is negative in a script. E.g. if I have a variable that contains -1200, how do I ignore the minus sign? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: borderblaster
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make python script ignore .htaccess

I just wrote a tiny script with the help of ghostdog74 to search all my files for special content phrases. After a few modifications I now made it work, but one problem is left. The files are located in public_html folder, so there might also be .htaccess files. So I ignored scanning of that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: medic
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script to ignore word from a line ...

Hi Gurus, I'm need of a script in which we are finding an independent word ‘boy' in a log file. We are using grep in order to do the same. Now in this log file there are some sentences where we see ‘This is a boy' and we do not want to count word ‘boy' from this sentence. So in other word we want... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: heyitsmeok
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cp/ditto and ignore I/O errors?

Hi I am copying some old CDs to HD and while copying a lot of them have I/O errors. What I'm doing right now is sudoing the cp command to force the cp to finish but when I do this it takes about an hour to copy 500mb, which without errors would normally take 2-3 minutes. I assume it takes so... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dloruss1
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ignore lines in Shell Script

Hi, I have a shell script, which reads a *.txt file - line by line. In this text file, I have some lines beginning with "#" that I want to ignore : MY_FILE #blah blah blah 1 blah blah blah 2 blah blah blah 3 #blah blah blah 4 I want my script to read only the following lines... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad23
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ignore Folder in Shell Script ?

Hi, I currently use a script to extract *.deb files located in a Directory called "/var/mobile/Media/Downloads" The Problem is howver I want the script to ignore the folder: "/var/mobile/Media/Downloads/New Debs and Files" (it shall NOT decompile any of the files in that folder. Here is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ignore .txt in find script

Hi i am really new to linux scripting and i need a little bit help. i have the following script: find "/usr/share/nextcloud/data/__groupfolders" -type f -mtime +14 -exec rm {} \; but i don't want to delete everything. I want to ignore .txt files. How can i do this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frederic
3 Replies
PHOTON(1)																 PHOTON(1)

NAME
photon - generates photo albums SYNOPSIS
photon [OPTIONS] [PATH] DESCRIPTION
Photon generates clean, yet configurable, static HTML photo galleries. All of the work is done from the command line, and the resulting output can easily be configured by changing the template files found in /usr/share/photon/templates. To create a new template (skin), first create a new directory: mkdir -p ${HOME}/.photon/templates/my_theme/ Then copy the contents of /usr/share/photon/templates/photonv1/ to this new directory. Photon only needs three files to build pages: index.html used to display the content of a folder image.html used to display the page for an image movie.html used to display the page for a movie If a file is missing, then photon will throw an error and will not run. HOW TO BUILD A GALLERY
Quick start $ photon -o myoutputdir /photos Use the gimp plugin $ photon --resize-plugin=gimp -v -o myoutputdir /photos Change the size for all images and the thumbnail and keep the original photo $ photon --sizelist=0,1600x1200,800x600 --thumbsize=320x240 -o myoutputdir /photos Create a gallery from your custom template (skin) $ photon -k my_theme -o myoutputdir /photos See photon help $ photon --help OPTIONS
-a | --awstats Insert Javascript for Awstats --awstats-url=URL Change default value for Awstats script url -c NAME | --comment Name of the comment file (default .comments) -d NUM | --display-columns=NUM Number of columns in index (default 3) -E | --no-exif Don't include EXIF information in HTML file -f | --force Overwrite non-image generated files (html, javascript, etc) (default no) -ff | --force --force Overwrite image files (default no) -h | --help Print this help -I | --no-index Do not generate the high level index.html -J | --no-javascript Do not use javascript (no shortcuts, ... ) -k | --skin=THEME Skin selector (default photonv1) --print-skins Print out available skins (templates) -l NUM | --display-lines=NUM Number of lines in index (default 5) -m | --movie Movie mode, include link to movie (*.mov) -o NAME | --output-directory=NAME Name of the output directory -s LIST | --sizelist=LIST Image sizes (default 0,1024x768,800x600,640x480). Zero, which is the default, uses the original resolution. W x H specifies the width and height of the image in pixels. -t SIZE | --thumbsize=SIZE Size of thumbnails (default 160x120) -v | --verbose Verbosely print information -V | --version Print program version number -z | --compress Compress the original image if selected (default copy the image) --exif-bordercolor=COLOR Exif window border color (default #008000) --exif-bgcolor=COLOR Exif window background color (default #f0fff0) --exif-fgcolor=COLOR Exif window text color (default black) --body-bgcolor=COLOR Body background color (default #ccccff) --img-bgcolor=COLOR Image background color (default white) --exclude=PATTERN Exclude files matching PATTERN --resize-plugin=PLUG Where PLUG is the program used to create thumbnails internal: fastest method (default) gimp: use Gimp>1.x (better quality) --resize-quality-low=NUM Quality for small image. 0 (bad) and 100 (good) --resize-quality-high=NUM Quality for big image 0 (bad) and 100 (good) --gimp-program=PROG use PROG for gimp SHORTCUTS WHILE VIEWING AN IMAGE
n/SPACE Go to the next image (with the same resolution) p/BACKSPACE Go to the previous image (with the same resolution) s Start/Stop the slideshow +/- Increase/Decrease by one second the slideshow's period h Show shortcut and help i Show Exif information z Change to the higher resolution [NOT YET IMPLEMENTED] SEE ALSO
gimp(1) AUTHOR
Written by Luc Saillard, <luc@saillard.org> Main web site: http://www.saillard.org/programs_and_patches/photon/ This manual page was written by Kevin Coyner <kcoyner@debian.org> for the Debian project but may be used by others. 12/16/2006 PHOTON(1)