Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Remote if find call failing
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Remote if find call failing Post 302491506 by dlam on Thursday 27th of January 2011 03:59:14 PM
Old 01-27-2011
Ha - that's ridiculous! I was sure I'd tried escape characters there as part of my whole afternoon trying to get it working. But I've done what you suggested and it's worked perfectly.

Corona688 I could kiss you (if it wasnt for the restraining order)

Thanks very much for your help. Case closed.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

csh failing to call an 2 embedded csh script

I have an extraordinary problem with a csh script.....(feel free to berate the use of this but I'm modifying an existing bunch of them) Anyway, I have a master csh script which in turn calls a second csh script. This second csh script is below. Within this second script are two compiled C++... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pollsizer
1 Replies

2. Solaris

How to get RPC(Remote Proceedure Call) values?

Guys, Help me out in getting the RPC resource values of the system. By running the ipcs command i get the HEXA values of the IPC(Inter Process Communication) values in the system like q 12760 0x10fe4d88 --rw-rw-rw- a-1982 cts m 686089 0x10fe4d48 --rw-rw-rw- a-1982 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: meheretoknow
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

help remote procedure call

i am beginig with unix c code for sun remote procedure call to do the following: 1- The clients reads in a variable length array from the command line 2- The client offers a menu for the user to choose what to do with the array: a. Sort the array b. Add the array c. Find max d. Find... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: auto2000
1 Replies

4. Programming

i am beginig with unix c code for sun remote procedure call to do the following: 1- The clients reads in a variable length array from the command line 2- The client offers a menu for the user to choose what to do with the array: a. Sort the array b. Add the array c. Find max d. Find... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

1 Replies

6. Programming

am beginig with unix c code for sun remote procedure call You are to write a program using RPC facility to do the following: 1- The clients reads in a variable length array from the command line 2- The client offers a menu for the user to choose what to do with the array: a. Sort the array... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote call not hiding password fields

Not sure on the description, but here is a quick rundown. I have 2 servers, we'll call them serverA serverB On serverB, I am calling a script that inside it has the following: ssh srvdsadm@serverB sudo -u dsadm /opt/apps/DataStage/scripts/autoDeploy.sh ${projName} ${subProjVar}... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cbo0485
1 Replies

8. Programming

Is it possible to call remote function in another daemon?

Hi, Is it possible to call a remote function in another daemon? Here is the setup: I have two daemons daemon A with function "s" and daemon B with function "k". I need a way function "s" from daemon A to call a function "k" from daemon B and pass some arguments. When the request is ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcbandit
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script failing to run successfully on remote node

Hi guys, I have a scenario where i want to run a script from Node A. It ssh's into Node B and runs some awk commands there plus deposiriting the output on Node B. Challenge is that the awk commands run properly when executed locally on Node B but fail when within the script on Node B. I do not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerkesler
0 Replies
escape(1)							Mail Avenger 0.8.3							 escape(1)

NAME
escape - escape shell special characters in a string SYNOPSIS
escape string DESCRIPTION
escape prepends a "" character to all shell special characters in string, making it safe to compose a shell command with the result. EXAMPLES
The following is a contrived example showing how one can unintentionally end up executing the contents of a string: $ var='; echo gotcha!' $ eval echo hi $var hi gotcha! $ Using escape, one can avoid executing the contents of $var: $ eval echo hi `escape "$var"` hi ; echo gotcha! $ A less contrived example is passing arguments to Mail Avenger bodytest commands containing possibly unsafe environment variables. For example, you might write a hypothetical reject_bcc script to reject mail not explicitly addressed to the recipient: #!/bin/sh formail -x to -x cc -x resent-to -x resent-cc | fgrep "$1" > /dev/null && exit 0 echo "<$1>.. address does not accept blind carbon copies" exit 100 To invoke this script, passing it the recipient address as an argument, you would need to put the following in your Mail Avenger rcpt script: bodytest reject_bcc `escape "$RECIPIENT"` SEE ALSO
avenger(1), The Mail Avenger home page: <http://www.mailavenger.org/>. BUGS
escape is designed for the Bourne shell, which is what Mail Avenger scripts use. escape might or might not work with other shells. AUTHOR
David Mazieres Mail Avenger 0.8.3 2012-04-05 escape(1)