Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help translate code
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help translate code Post 302491148 by Corona688 on Wednesday 26th of January 2011 07:32:39 PM
Old 01-26-2011
But they also contain programs, yes? You're trying to replace your whole SYSROOT?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can someone help translate this snippet?

Hello all - This snippet from a script runs on a Tru64 machine (ksh). if ps -ef | grep thing1 | grep dtsession | grep -v grep then echo "Killing Thing1 desktop session" kill -9 'ps -ef | grep thing1 | grep dtsession | grep -v grep | awk '{FS = " "}{print $2}'' fi I'm... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Heron
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

translate rc to string

Hi Maybe you can suggest a nicer way to do the following: RET_STR=$(echo ${RET} | sed -e 's/0/Object is not mapped/' \ -e 's/1/Operation Internal Error/' \ -e 's/2/Operation Invalid Arguments/' \ -e 's/3/Object is mapped/' \ -e 's/4/Path not found/') (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ynir
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

translate to normal english

lnode * head = temp; (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rickym2626
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

replcement/translate of ' to ''

Hi i have a variable whose value contains '(single quote) i want to replace single quote with two single quotes ex- i want to replace abc's second center with abc''s second center. Plz help me. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bmrout007
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

translate timestamp

my file creation timestamp looks like this: Nov 4 15:44:34 EST 2009 i need to translate into 091104 my way is to awk on $1, $2, $5, but i don't know how to tranlate Nov to 11 ---------- Post updated at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:07 AM ---------- i resolved my post... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

translate ksh code to csh code

hi all, Can any 1 help me translate this korn shell code to C shell code : email=$(grep "^$1" $folder/config_2.txt | awk '{print $2'}) In config_2.txt the content is : which mean in korn shell , $1=groupname and $2=email address. Now i need to write in C shell script,when i set the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: proghack
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

translate this string

Hi, I'm using code below to assign title for Putty Window to show user@hostname+curr directory. Trying to read this "write only" language, can anybody help me to go thru this string, too many thing in it I can't expaing Tx T export PROMPT_COMMAND='echo -ne "\033]0;${USER}@${HOSTNAME}:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trento17
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Translate from english to french

Hi, I wrote a script to convert a given word from English to French. But I am not able to figure out what I am missing here. I am not able to get the translated word Below is my script: French=/root/dict/entofr.txt for i in $* do word="echo $word $i" done while: do cat <<... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinky7630
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tr--translate is throwing an error

Dear all, I would like to count the no;of word "INFORMATION" in a file called alt.lst and output to a unix variable INFORMATION.so to do this I wrote the below code INFORMATION=echo 'INFORMATION' | tr -cs 'A-Za-z' '\n' < /app/tisq005/01/home/tisq005b/scripts/alt.lst | grep -c "INFORMATION"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kiransagar
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Translate grep to awk

sed -n "2,10p" lfile | egrep error | egrep -vc memory sed -n "2,10p" lfile | egrep error | egrep -v memory sed -n "2,10p" lfile | egrep error | egrep -c memory sed -n "2,10p" lfile | egrep error | egrep memory above are four separate commands. i want to combine the grep in each... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
7 Replies
CDPLAY(1)						      General Commands Manual							 CDPLAY(1)

NAME
cdplay - play audio compact disks SYNOPSIS
cdplay [ -a]|[-r] DESCRIPTION
Cdplay is an audio-cdplayer it can be used interactively or non-interactively. With no flags cdplay is used interactively. When used inter- actively cdplay can be either in non-playing or playing mode. In non-playing mode you can select tracks to be played. In playing mode cdplay shows the track-time, remaining track-time, total-time and remaining total-time. Cdplay assumes the drive to be at /dev/cd0. During non-playing mode the following commands are available: cursor-up/down browse through the track-list spacebar add track to the play-list backspace remove a track from the play-list s start playing the tracks in the play-list. When the play-list is empty start playing from the current position in the track-list until the end of the cd p play the track on the current position in the track-list r play all tracks in a random order (shuffle play) e exit cdplay During playing mode the following commands are available: s stop playing, return to non-playing mode spacebar pause/resume current track cursor-up/down skip to next/previous track OPTIONS
When one of these options is used cdplay does everything in the background. -a Play all tracks, cdplay tells the drive to play all tracks and then it immediately returns to the user -r Play all tracks in random order (shuffle play). Cdplay forks of a new process which starts up a track, during that track it sleeps. When the track is finished it wakes up to start the next track and goes to sleep again. The parent process immediately returns to the user. BUGS
Cdplay does not sense if a cd has changed, so don't switch cd's. If you want to play another cd you have to insert the new cd and start cdplay again. AUTHOR
Michel R. Prevenier (mrpreve@cs.vu.nl) CDPLAY(1)