Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help with executing multiple commands in remote machine Post 302490869 by dsw on Wednesday 26th of January 2011 02:56:52 AM
Old 01-26-2011
In ksh, you might want to use the variable $LOGNAME instead of executing `whoami`.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to stay in remote shell after executing commands in ssh?

the ssh calling convention: ssh <server> If I put commands in the section, ssh will execute them immediately after logging in and return to local shell. I want to stay in the remote shell after executing these commands. How can I achieve this? Thanks for all. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hplonlien
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Help with executing multiple remote commands after multiple hops

Hi SSHers, I have embedded this below code in my shell script.. /usr/bin/ssh -t $USER@$SERVER1 /usr/bin/ssh $USER2@S$SERVER2 echo uptime:`/opt/OV/bin/snmpget -r 0 -t 60 $nodeName system.3.0 | cut -d: -f3-5` SSH to both these servers are public-key authenticated, so things run... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxUser2008
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing command in a remote machine through ssh - shell script

Hi All, i have two machines like x and y . my requirement is i should connect to machine Y from x through ssh connection . and do some operation such as copy and move and delete files in Y machine . i tried with this code but it is doing in machine x only . and i need to exit from Y when... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rateeshkumar
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing commands in remote server using ssh

I have some commands which need to be executed in remote machine. I have Linux Server from where I need to connect to Solaris server using ssh and then declare some variable over there and run some commands. I don't want to call a script which is present in Solaris server from Linux server... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: maitree
7 Replies

5. Linux

send remote commands to windows machine?

hey guys, I've done some searching and other than winexe I haven't been able to find a way to send remote commands to a windows machine. The problem I get is with winexe whenever you send the process to the background in a script, I get the following error. :wall: Any help is appreciated! ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: terrell
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing remote commands via ssh

Hi, I'm tryin to write a script that will collect information about a remote servers, put them into variables and print them to screen. # /usr/bin/bash ls $1 > /dev/null 2>/dev/null if then echo "$1 is file" for server in $(cat $1) do # echo $server ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: moshesa
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing multiple commands in a file at same time

Hi Am having file.ksh as below wc -l file1.txt wc -l file2.txt wc -l file3.txt wc -l file4.txt i want all the commands in this file to execute in same time please help Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ragu.selvaraj
1 Replies

8. Linux

Executing a script in remote machine through ssh

How to execute a script in remote machine through ssh I have a script test.sh which does some backup activity in remote machine. Wanted to keep backup also in remote machine. ssh -l username <remote machine> "commands to be exceuted as ; separted" but how to put the script in the place of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanvel
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to run UNIX commands on remote machine from windows?

Hi All, I am working in support and we are planning to automate a system to reduce the direct manual intervention to core system. Please find the below details. 1. we have a web application that runs on Windows Platform. 2. From web application, we need to connect to remote Unix machine.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balaji K
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Login to remote machine pass commands and capture all in a file

Dear user/friends, After a long gap of 6 years i am back to this forum to find a solution and i hope i will get a solution or atleast a workaround for the problem:p Following is my task which i am trying for almost 3 days without any success. 1) run this command from my terminal (note i... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: imas
7 Replies
SIEVESHELL(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     SIEVESHELL(1)

NAME
sieveshell - remotely manipulate sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
sieveshell [--user=user] [--authname=authname] [--realm=realm] [--exec=script] server[:port] sieveshell --help DESCRIPTION
sieveshell allows users to manipulate their scripts on a remote server. It works via MANAGESIEVE, a work in progress. The following commands are recognized: list list scripts on server. put <filename> upload script to server. get <name> [<filename>] get script. if no filename display to stdout delete <name> delete script. activate <name> activate script. deactivate deactivate all scripts. OPTIONS
-u user, --user=user The authorization name to request; by default, derived from the authentication credentials. -a authname, --authname=authname The user to use for authentication (defaults to current user). -r realm, --realm=realm The realm to attempt authentication in. -e script, --exec=script Instead of working interactively, run commands from script, and exit when done. REFERENCES
[MANAGESIEVE] Martin, T.; "A Protocol for Remotely Managing Sieve Scripts", draft-ietf-managesieve-03.txt, Mirapoint, Inc.; May 2001, work in progress. AUTHOR
Tim Martin <tmartin@mirapoint.com>, and the rest of the Cyrus team <cyrus-bugs@andrew.cmu.edu>. perl v5.10.0 2008-04-04 SIEVESHELL(1)