Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using sed or awk to turn data into html Post 302490815 by melancthon on Tuesday 25th of January 2011 05:59:18 PM
Old 01-25-2011
I don't think that takes into account the processing of the quality variables at the end of each line, does it? And inserting lines with the same name but different qualities if the end of the line has more than one quality variable?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Turn HTML data into delimited text

I have a file I've already partially pruned with grep that has data like: <a href="MasterDetailResults.asp?textfield=a&Application=3D Home Architect 4">3D Home Architect 4</a> </td> Approved </td> -- <a href="MasterDetailResults.asp?textfield=a&Application=3d Home... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: macxcool
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED to extract HTML text data, not quite right!

I am attempting to extract weather data from the following website, but for the Victoria area only: Text Forecasts - Environment Canada I use this: sed -n "/Greater Victoria./,/Fraser Valley./p" But that phrasing does not sometimes get it all and think perhaps the website has more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lagagnon
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

formatting data file with awk or sed

Hi, I have a (quite large) data file which looks like: _____________ header part.. more header part.. x1 x2 x3 x4 x5 x6 x7 x8 x9 x10 x11 x12 x13 ... ... x59 x60 y1 y2 y3 y4... ... y100 ______________ where x1, x2,...,x60 and y1, y2,...y100 are numbers of 10 digits (so each line... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lego
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract data with awk from html files

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and i am new as a shell scripter. my problem is to have html files in a directory and I would like to extract from these some data that lies between two different lines Here's my situation <td align="default"> oxidizability (mg / l): data_to_extract... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbobotex
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - sed :Help Getting next lines data .

Experts, Can you please help how to get the output that are written just below "bad" calls badcalls nullrecv 439486 54 0 badlen xdrcall dupchecks ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk -- Extract data from html within multiple tags as reference

Hi, I'm trying to get some data from an html file, but the problem is before it can extract the information I have multiple patterns that need to be passed through. https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/150711-extract-data-awk-html-files.html Is a similar problem. The only... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: counfhou
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk or sed or any commands to stripe data

Say i have: g_gateway domain="abc.com" to="123.123.123.123" relay="false" how do i use awk or sed or any method to get the result below: abc.com 123.123.123.123 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve information Text/Word from HTML code using awk/sed

awk/sed newbie here. I have a HTML file and from that file and I would like to retrieve a text word. <font face=arial size=-1><li><a href=/value_for_clients/Tokyo/abc_process.txt>abc</a> NDK Version: 4.0 </li> <font face=arial size=-1><li><a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sk2code
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge files and copy some data using sed or awk

Copy data from other file to paste cat file1: Name: server1.data.com data1 server1 running Name: server3.data.com data3 server3 running cat file2: server1 good server2 bad network not ok server3 good Output: (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk/sed HTML extract

I'm extracting text between table tags in HTML <th><a href="/wiki/Buick_LeSabre" title="Buick LeSabre">Buick LeSabre</a></th> using this: awk -F "</*th>" '/<\/*th>/ {print $2}' auto2 > auto3 then this (text between a href): sed -e 's/\(<*>\)//g' auto3 > auto4 How to shorten this into one... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: p1ne
8 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)