Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Need to know command to delete more than 3 million files from /var/spool/clientmqueue Post 302490619 by methyl on Tuesday 25th of January 2011 10:01:17 AM
Old 01-25-2011
Presumably you are not starting "sendmail" but have applications (or cron jobs) which cause mail.
There is a discussion about this directory, why it can get high numbers of files, and how to clean it in this link.
Huge disk usage on /var/spool/clientmqueue - comp.unix.solaris | Google Groups
Check that the circumstances match yours before deleting all files.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/var/spool/mqueue !!!

I keep having this msg on my SunOS console : Jun 29 08:57:40 bersimis sendmail: NOQUEUE: low on space (have 0, SMTP-DAEMON needs 101 in /var/spool/mqueue) I tried to make some space by deleting the files in it, but the msg came back ... Any tips ? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wingman21
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How safe is it to remove files(/var/spool/mail)?

How safe is it to remove these spooler mail files. I need to make some room in the /usr directory? Any ideas? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: larcom61
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Files still being created in /var/spool/mmdf/lock/home

Hi all I need help finding a process that is continuing to create files in the above area. There are three sub folder titled addr q.local and msg . I have already found a process called mmdf running and have used the kill command to stop this from running. I have also looked for sendmail or... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: TeaMaker
12 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can I delete the file var/spool/mail/news?

The file var/spool/mail/news has grown very large and takes up too much space. Can I delete this without any problem? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dennisheazle
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/var/spool/mail

Hi, How can i get my mail on either /var/spool/mail or /var/mail? I use mail and sendmail command to send mail. But everytime I send mail it comes to my outlook inbox and when I check with mail command I get the message "No mail for siba". (Note siba is my user Id.) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 9, /var/spool/clientmqueue/

Hi, We have some 2-3 Solaris 9 servers with the following issue. For every cron job which has email notifications, it is sending the emails, but it create files at /var/spool/clientmqueue/ which has similar contents. " V6 T1271362260 K1271362260 N1 P30359 MDeferred: Connection refused... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: uxadmin007
1 Replies

7. Solaris

/var/spool/clientmqueue

Hi, solaris : 9 can we delete the files from this location /var/spool/clientmqueue . I found around 40K files lying in this location. Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maooah
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Delete clientmqueue mails

My clientmqueue directory is almost 6.7GB. There are like a thousands of e-mail that are present. Is there any way to delete them or just delete them normally. Also while deleting them, do i need to shutdown my sendmail service? Root FS is almost at 100%. Please help in this. Thanks in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aksijain
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fast processing(mv command) of 1 million+ files using find, mv and xargs

Hi, I'd like to ask if anybody can help improve my code to move 1 million+ files from a directory to another: find /source/dir -name file* -type f | xargs -I '{}' mv {} /destination/dir I learned this line of code from this forum as well and it works fine. However, file movement is kinda... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: agentgrecko
6 Replies

10. AIX

/var/spool/mail/<username> files' content wipeout impact

Hi Guys!!! ->I am using AIX 6.1. One of the file system full which is /var filesystem. ->/var total size is 5.00 GB. ->And inside the /var file system spool/mail folde is taking around 2.9 GB. ->There 3 big size of file as shown below, which shows that these files are taking more size.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjusharma128
4 Replies
atq(1)								   User Commands							    atq(1)

NAME
atq - display the jobs queued to run at specified times SYNOPSIS
atq [-c] [-n] [username]... DESCRIPTION
The atq utility displays the at jobs queued up for the current user. at(1) is a utility that allows users to execute commands at a later date. If invoked by a user with the solaris.jobs.admin authorization, atq will display all jobs in the queue. If no options are given, the jobs are displayed in chronological order of execution. When an authorized user invokes atq without specifying username, the entire queue is displayed; when a username is specified, only those jobs belonging to the named user are displayed. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -c Displays the queued jobs in the order they were created (that is, the time that the at command was given). -n Displays only the total number of jobs currently in the queue. FILES
/var/spool/cron/atjobs spool area for at jobs. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
at(1), atrm(1), auths(1), cron(1M), auth_attr(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 13 Aug 1999 atq(1)