Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: const_cast confusion
Top Forums Programming const_cast confusion Post 302489935 by fpmurphy on Saturday 22nd of January 2011 06:29:12 PM
Old 01-22-2011
Interesting. What compiler are you using?

I understand that if you cast away the constness of an object that has been explicitly declared as const, and attempt to modify it, the results are undefined.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix confusion

:confused: some one please tell me where i can possibly find out what is unix 10.2 and the basic system functions of it is. I really need help! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tribb24
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

'tr' confusion

Good day, everyone! Could anybody explain me the following situation. If I'm running similar script: Var="anna.kurnikova" Var2="Anna Kurn" echo $Var | tr -t "$Var" "$Var2" Why the output is : anna KurniKova instead of Anna Kurnikova? :confused: Thank you in advance for any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nafanja
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crontab confusion

I come across an entry in cron which is in such: 0 * * * * What is the first 0 indicating? 0 minute? meaning a script cron as such will run every minute? :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: user50210
2 Replies

4. Programming

C fork Confusion :-?

Hi, I was trying to learn forking in C in UNIX. Somehow i still haven't been able to get the concept well. I mean, i do understand that fork creates an exact replica of the parent (other than the fact that parent gets the process id of the child and child gets 0 when fork is called). This is the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ralpheno
2 Replies

5. Programming

Why this const variable is not changing even after applying const_cast?

Hi In the following code, why the variable 'i' still retains the value 10 instead of 11? Why it is not possible to alter this variable's value? int main() { const int i = 10; *(const_cast<int*>(&i)) = 11; cout << i << endl; // Ans: 10 } (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
6 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Server Confusion

I don't even know where to start with this one. There is so much out there about different aspects of this. I am starting with a basic Ubuntu 11.04 install. Do I need to configure a DNS? I am a little confused about that. What do I need to do for a domain name? I have followed various tutorials,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: polyglot0727
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Confusion with PS

Hello All, I have a problem in counting number of process getting run with my current script name.. Here it is ps -ef | grep $0 | grep -v grep This display just one line with the PID, PPID and other details when i print it in the script. But when I want to count the numbers in my... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathyaonnuix
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

confusion in use of exit 0

hi i am new to shell scripting. i was going thru the part option and arguments. on this section i fail to understand the use of exit 0 in below example . #!/bin/sh USAGE="Usage: $0 " case "$1" in -t) TARGS="-tvf $2" ;; -c) TARGS="-cvf $2.tar $2" ;; *) echo "$USAGE" exit 0 ;; esac... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Confusion in hash

Hi folks, If a declare a direct hash , then the hash element works fine. my %test = ("test",1); print %test; print "\n"; Here in the above, the name of the hash is predeclared... Suppose now I need to create the hash elements dynamically in the for loop. $test="hash"; my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies
RIG(6)								   Games Manual 							    RIG(6)

NAME
RIG - Random Identity Generator USAGE
rig [ -f | -m ] [ -d datadir ] [ -c num ] DESCRIPTION
Rig is a utility that will piece together a random first name, last name, street number and address, along with a geographically consistant (ie, they all match the same area) city, state, ZIP code, and area code. It is suitable for such applications as feeding the NY times registration page to fend off junk (snail) mail and telemarketers, or for reg- istering on BBS's to which you don't wish to reveal your real information. OPTIONS
-f, -m Respectively, use female and male names. If neither or both options are selected, RIG uses both female and male names. -d datadir Use data files found in datadir. Without this option, the default directory of /usr/share/rig is assumed. -c num Output num identities. Default is 1. FILES
/usr/share/rig/locdata.idx /usr/share/rig/street.idx /usr/share/rig/fnames.idx /usr/share/rig/mnames.idx /usr/share/rig/lnames.idx HISTORY
Based on "fake" written for MS-DOS. Unfortunately the author and publish date are unknown. First UNIX version written from scratch in 1999. This manpage based on RIG version 1.10. AUTHORS
UNIX version (c) 1999-2002 Ian Turner with contributions from Ian Prowell, Nick Rusnov, and Schneelocke. Geography Database is from the original version and I believe it to be held in the public domain. Names database is from the US Census at http://www.census.gov/genealogy/names/ , courtesy of Trent Stanley. Send all comments and bug-reports to: vectro@RIG.sourceforge.net 4 JUN 2002 RIG(6)