Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sed/Perl help
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sed/Perl help Post 302489859 by bartus11 on Saturday 22nd of January 2011 03:41:52 AM
Old 01-22-2011
Code:
perl -pe 's/\w+$/<a>$&<\/a>/' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl/Sed script help

Hi All, I would need to generate Oracle Inster scripts from an excel formatted spreadsheet as follows: This needs to be stripped as follows: REC 1, REC 2 etc are the separators of the records ... I beleive a pearl script can be written for this ... anything useful will be of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabyasm
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Accessing array elements within a sed command in Perl script

I am trying to use a script to replace the header of each file, whose filename are stored within the array $test, using the sed command within a Perl script as follows: $count = 0; while ( $count < $#test ) { `sed -e 's/BIOGRF 321/BIOGRF 332/g' ${test} > 0`; `cat 0 >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: userix
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Use of SED in Perl or any other options

Hi Folks, I am working on a data extraction script in perl.I am a begineer in perl and shell scripting. So i need your inputs to solve the script problem. I have data coming from database in the format :- <b> _ABC (Apply Changes) (p) </b> _EFG | HIJ | KLM | WER <b> _E3R (Apply Changes)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: subhotech
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert sed to perl

Can anyone convert this from sed to perl: sed -n '/\var\/log/p' /etc/syslog.conf I think Ive looked at this to much....urgh.. Thanks Ben (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with sed in perl!!

Hi, I am facing an issue with sed in perl. I have a file which has 2 header lines and one trailer line. I need to process the file without these headers and trailer. My file looks like : File.txt:- Header1 Header2 data1 data2 trailer For removing header and trailer from file I am using... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhisharma23
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help with sed/perl !

In a file the content is 13 box google unix.com "he is google" hello "he is unix.com" - I need to replace each space char with "a" char but not inside the double quoted strings. So, the output must look like, 13aboxagoogleaunix.coma"he is google"ahelloa"he is unix.com"a- I tried with ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gameboy87
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

re-Substitution Sed (or Perl)

I have a large text csv file that I'm working with. It will look something like this: D,",E",C O,"F,",I O,gh,R The second column always has a two digit random code (can be numbers, letters or any characters). When one of the characters happens to be a comma, the string is quoted. I want to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: beenny
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk sed perl??

Hi guys First of all a salute to this wonderful platform which has helped me many a times. Im now faced with something that I cannot solve. I have data like this 11:14:18 0.46975 11:14:18 0.07558 11:14:18 0.00020 11:14:18 0.00120 11:14:18 0.25879 11:14:19 0.00974 11:14:19 0.05656... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl sed question

Hi, I'm trying to use perl the way I use sed. Lets say I have this command: $ echo abc | sed 's/abc/&&/' abcabcIf I try this with perl, I end up with this: $ echo abc | perl -pe 's/abc/&&/' &&How do I make the '&' sign work? Another thing that I can't get with perl is this: $ echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subbeh
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rewrite sed to perl or run sed in perl

I am having trouble re-writing this sed code sed -nr 's/.*del(+)ins(+).*NC_0{4}(+).*g\.(+)_(+).*/\3\t\4\t\5\t\1\t\2/p' C:/Users/cmccabe/Desktop/Python27/out_position.txt > C:/Users/cmccabe/Desktop/Python27/out_parse.txt in perl Basically, what the code does is parse text from two fields... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
12 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)