Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with gawk command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with gawk command Post 302489663 by pranabrana on Friday 21st of January 2011 06:37:20 AM
Old 01-21-2011
Help with gawk command

Hi,

I have a situation. in a particular file , from the 9th column i have to match a particular pattern . i want a second file which is made by excluding them.

I wrote a code like this.
Code:
gawk  '$9~/^(SPI|OTC|SAX)$/' /home/ceh1/ceh_prod/plx_"$mydate"_old.tsv >> /home/ceh1/ceh_prod/plx_"$mydate"_new.tsv

This code is creating the second file with the patern.

so please help me..

Last edited by Scott; 01-21-2011 at 08:06 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

gawk HELP

I have to compare records in two files. It can be done using gawk/awk but i am unable to do it. Please help me File1 ABAAAAAB BC asa sa ABAAABAA BC bsa sm ABBBBAAA BC bxz sa ABAAABAB BC csa sa ABAAAAAA BC dsa sm ABBBBAAB BC dxz sa File 2 ABAAAAAB BC aas ba ABAAAAAB BC asa sa... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep_hi
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

gawk and strftime()

Strange behaviour of the strftime() function from gawk (3.1.5): $ awk 'BEGIN{print strftime("%T", 3600)}' > 02:00:00 $ awk 'BEGIN{print strftime("%T", 0)}' > 01:00:00 Obviously something with DST but I can not figure out why? To me 3600 epoch seconds remains 01:00, DST or not. From... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ripat
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gawk Help

Hi, I am using the script to print the portion of the file containing a particular string. But it is giving error "For Reading (No such file or directory). I am using cygwin as unix simulator. cat TT35*.log | gawk -v search="12345678" ' /mSOriginating /,/disconnectingParty/ { ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vanand420
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gawk filter

People, Ive been trying to make a script but i just cant figure it out. Problem/ Case: I have a logfile.txt that contains data. The only two things i need to filter on = $1 (date), $6 (errorcode). In the script i am trying to make, u need to fill in a date. So he searches on that date... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pow3R
11 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Cannot run command line scripts in perl or gawk

I originally posted this to a different forum (I am a new Perl user) and realized the error so I will ask here. I am on a WindowsXP machine trying to run perl and gawk scripts from the command line. I have perl and gawk installed and environment set to C:\perl\bin and cannot get a script to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 10000springs
2 Replies

6. Programming

need help with gawk script

hi i've already created this script. When I execute the script it takes the argument and compares it to the 3rd column of the script. What I was wondering if I could get some help with is. I want to add another column to the script and it will be the result of a set number for example, (2000 - 3rd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gengar
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doubt with gawk

Hi All, I have a doubt with gawk. I have a shell script "cleanup" which calls a gawk script "cleanawk" in it. we have two unix servers epsun532 and wpsun712. So i tested the script in both the environments. In epsun532 while calling the gawk script i just mentioned something like this ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Diddy
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interpretation needed for gawk command

Hi All I am running a insatll script in linux which installs the project. Could you please help in interpreting this command gawk '{ if (substr($1,0,1) == "\047") gsub("^\047+|\047+$", "", $1); print }' where $1 = BBME Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vee_789
1 Replies

9. SCO

Need help with gawk

I am trying to use gawk to search a file and put the second value of the string into a string. gawk -F: '$1~/CXFR/ {print $2}' go.dat Below is the file 'go.dat' ==================== HOME :/ CTMP :/tmp CUTL :/u/rdiiulio/bin CWRK :/u/work CXFR :/u/xfer ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trolley
1 Replies

10. AIX

Gawk command

Hello experts :) I have a question about Gawk command on AIX, could someone tell me the function of this command ? i have a script which has a gawk command : /usr/bin/xmllint --format /data/work/PROU/aggregates.flat.xml | gawk '! /<!--.*-->/ {print $0}' | gawk -f... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rimob
3 Replies
GIT-NAME-REV(1) 						    Git Manual							   GIT-NAME-REV(1)

NAME
git-name-rev - Find symbolic names for given revs SYNOPSIS
git name-rev [--tags] [--refs=<pattern>] ( --all | --stdin | <commit-ish>... ) DESCRIPTION
Finds symbolic names suitable for human digestion for revisions given in any format parsable by git rev-parse. OPTIONS
--tags Do not use branch names, but only tags to name the commits --refs=<pattern> Only use refs whose names match a given shell pattern. The pattern can be one of branch name, tag name or fully qualified ref name. If given multiple times, use refs whose names match any of the given shell patterns. Use --no-refs to clear any previous ref patterns given. --exclude=<pattern> Do not use any ref whose name matches a given shell pattern. The pattern can be one of branch name, tag name or fully qualified ref name. If given multiple times, a ref will be excluded when it matches any of the given patterns. When used together with --refs, a ref will be used as a match only when it matches at least one --refs pattern and does not match any --exclude patterns. Use --no-exclude to clear the list of exclude patterns. --all List all commits reachable from all refs --stdin Transform stdin by substituting all the 40-character SHA-1 hexes (say $hex) with "$hex ($rev_name)". When used with --name-only, substitute with "$rev_name", omitting $hex altogether. Intended for the scripter's use. --name-only Instead of printing both the SHA-1 and the name, print only the name. If given with --tags the usual tag prefix of "tags/" is also omitted from the name, matching the output of git-describe more closely. --no-undefined Die with error code != 0 when a reference is undefined, instead of printing undefined. --always Show uniquely abbreviated commit object as fallback. EXAMPLE
Given a commit, find out where it is relative to the local refs. Say somebody wrote you about that fantastic commit 33db5f4d9027a10e477ccf054b2c1ab94f74c85a. Of course, you look into the commit, but that only tells you what happened, but not the context. Enter git name-rev: % git name-rev 33db5f4d9027a10e477ccf054b2c1ab94f74c85a 33db5f4d9027a10e477ccf054b2c1ab94f74c85a tags/v0.99~940 Now you are wiser, because you know that it happened 940 revisions before v0.99. Another nice thing you can do is: % git log | git name-rev --stdin GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 2.17.1 10/05/2018 GIT-NAME-REV(1)