Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Unable to type anything on "cu" serial terminal window Post 302489655 by KevinGB on Friday 21st of January 2011 05:07:00 AM
Old 01-21-2011
Try turning off hardware flow control at both ends using stty.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

what difference between "terminal" and "console"

1 . Thank you for reading the post first. 2 . what difference between "terminal" and "console" (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chenhao_no1
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

3. SuSE

VMDB Failure" followed by "Unable to open snapshot file"

keep getting an error when I try to revert to a snapshot: "VMDB Failure" followed by "Unable to open snapshot file" Im using vmware server 1.0.4, host OS is windows xp and guest OS is SLES. Is there anything I can do to recover the snapshot or am I in trouble!?!?! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_linux
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a Shortcut (to just type "l" but it runs "ls -lah")

How do I create shortcuts? For example: I just want to type one key "l" and have it output the command of "ls -lah" I believe it's creating a file called l with 755 permissions but I'm not sure where to put the file. *if it matters, I'm on a shared hosting web server using cPanel with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ijustsawmars
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

"Locate" Shows Files but Not "LS" in Terminal

OS-X 10.8.4 Using locate I get these results: 10:~ mize$ locate /Users/mize/*.sh /Users/mize/Zend/workspaces/DefaultWorkspace/SLM/vendor/ZF2/bin/check-cs.sh /Users/mize/copy_ascii_upload.sh /Users/mize/copy_ascii_upload_to_server.sh /Users/mize/copy_form_functions_php_to_jpl.sh... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gary Mize
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How auto type"OK" to purple window?

Hello :) I need help to automate an auto type "OK" to the below purple window: command: apt-get remove --purge resolvconf -y Ouput: https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2018/20/1/1526307688-capturea.png I thought this below command could worked, but no :( echo -en "\n" | apt-get... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arnaudh78
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
scc(7)							 Miscellaneous Information Manual						    scc(7)

NAME
scc - Serial keyboard/mouse/communications interface SYNOPSIS
controller scc0 at tc0 slot 3 vector sccintr DESCRIPTION
Two base board Zilog scc dual UARTS provide DEC 3000 series personal systems with keyboard, mouse, and serial communications interfaces. The serial communications interfaces can operate at baud rates from B50 to B57600 (see tty(7)). The driver for the scc interface supports hardware flow control using the Request to Send (RTS) and Clear to Send (CTS) signals. When hardware flow control is enabled, the flow of input data is controlled by the RTS signal and the flow of output data is controlled by the CTS signal. If the CTS signal is off, the driver will suspend output to that line until the CTS lead is reasserted. Likewise, the driver will turn off the RTS lead to tell the device connected to the line to stop sending data as a result of congestion on the host side. When the condition clears, the driver will turn on the RTS lead to tell the device to resume sending data. In alternate console configurations (that is, no graphics head), communications port 2 (/dev/tty01) becomes the system console. The serial system console port always operates at 9600 BPS, 8-bits, no parity. No modem or hardware flow control is supported. RESTRICTIONS
Data communications equipment attached to the console serial port in alternate console configurations must be set to 9600 BPS, 8-bits, no parity. The scc driver enforces this restriction. Only communications port 1 (/dev/tty00) includes full modem control. FILES
console terminal local terminal local terminal RELATED INFORMATION
console(7), devio(7), modem(7), tty(7), MAKEDEV(8) delim off scc(7)