Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting To start printing a file at line " n" . Post 302489393 by kurumi on Thursday 20th of January 2011 10:31:56 AM
Old 01-20-2011
Code:
 n=10; ruby -ne "print if $.>=$n" file

This User Gave Thanks to kurumi For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

catalina.sh : need combination from "start" and "run"

heya, can someone help me with following problem. i am not sure how far you know the catalina.sh script from tomcat. when i start my tomcat with "catalina.sh run" then the startup-process-output will be printed out on the console, but the tomcat process is started in current shell/session, so... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Filly
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cat Command on File not printing "Blank" Lines?

Hello All, I have a bash script and in it at some point I call an Expect Script that does some stuff and saves its output in a ".txt" file. Example "/path/to/my/file/Expect_Output.txt" file: notice the 2nd line is empty in the file... Data for Host-1 (192.168.1.110) Checking the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find lines with "A" then change "E" to "X" same line

I have a bunch of random character lines like ABCEDFG. I want to find all lines with "A" and then change any "E" to "X" in the same line. ALL lines with "A" will have an "X" somewhere in it. I have tried sed awk and vi editor. I get close, not quite there. I know someone has already solved this... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nightwatchrenba
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all log files older than 10 day and whose first string of the first line is "MSH" or "<?xml"

Dear Ladies & Gents, I have a requirement to delete all the log files in /var/log/test directory that are older than 10 days and their first line begin with "MSH" or "<?xml" or "FHS". I've put together the following BASH script, but it's erroring out: for filename in $(find /var/log/test... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hiroshi
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Failure: if grep "$Var" "$line" inside while read line loop

Hi everybody, I am new at Unix/Bourne shell scripting and with my youngest experiences, I will not become very old with it :o My code: #!/bin/sh set -e set -u export IFS= optl="Optl" LOCSTORCLI="/opt/lsi/storcli/storcli" ($LOCSTORCLI /c0 /vall show | grep RAID | cut -d " "... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subsonic66
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Howto auto boot SPARC | How to auto supply "start /SYS" and "start /SP/console" commands

When I power ON my T4-1, I got a prompt -> where I have to start /SYS and start /SP/console. How can I auto supply these two commands ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
3 Replies
IRB(1)							 Ruby Programmers Reference Guide						    IRB(1)

NAME
irb -- Interactive Ruby Shell SYNOPSIS
irb [--version] [-dfm] [-I directory] [-r library] [--[no]inspect] [--[no]readline] [--prompt mode] [--prompt-mode mode] [--inf-ruby-mode] [--simple-prompt] [--noprompt] [--tracer] [--back-trace-limit n] [--irb_debug n] [--] [program_file] [argument ...] DESCRIPTION
irb is the REPL(read-eval-print loop) environment for Ruby programs. OPTIONS
--version Prints the version of irb. -E external[:internal] --encoding external[:internal] Same as `ruby -E' . Specifies the default value(s) for external encodings and internal encoding. Values should be separated with colon (:). You can omit the one for internal encodings, then the value (Encoding.default_internal) will be nil. -I path Same as `ruby -I' . Specifies $LOAD_PATH directory -U Same as `ruby -U' . Sets the default value for internal encodings (Encoding.default_internal) to UTF-8. -d Same as `ruby -d' . Sets $DEBUG to true. -f Suppresses read of ~/.irbrc. -h --help Prints a summary of the options. -m Bc mode (load mathn, fraction or matrix are available) -r library Same as `ruby -r'. Causes irb to load the library using require. --inspect Uses `inspect' for output (default except for bc mode) --noinspect Doesn't use inspect for output --readline Uses Readline extension module. --noreadline Doesn't use Readline extension module. --prompt mode --prompt-mode mode Switch prompt mode. Pre-defined prompt modes are `default', `simple', `xmp' and `inf-ruby'. --inf-ruby-mode Uses prompt appropriate for inf-ruby-mode on emacs. Suppresses --readline. --simple-prompt Makes prompts simple. --noprompt No prompt mode. --tracer Displays trace for each execution of commands. --back-trace-limit n Displays backtrace top n and tail n. The default value is 16. --irb_debug n Sets internal debug level to n (not for popular use) ENVIRONMENT
IRBRC Also irb depends on same variables as ruby(1). FILES
~/.irbrc Personal irb initialization. EXAMPLES
% irb irb(main):001:0> 1 + 1 2 irb(main):002:0> def t(x) irb(main):003:1> x+1 irb(main):004:1> end => nil irb(main):005:0> t(3) => 4 irb(main):006:0> if t(3) == 4 irb(main):007:1> p :ok irb(main):008:1> end :ok => :ok irb(main):009:0> quit % SEE ALSO
ruby(1). REPORTING BUGS
Security vulnerabilities should be reported via an email to <security@ruby-lang.org>. Reported problems will be published after being fixed. And you can report other bugs and feature requests via the Ruby Issue Tracking System (http://bugs.ruby-lang.org). Do not report security vulnerabilities via the system because it publishes the vulnerabilities immediately. AUTHORS
Written by Keiju ISHITSUKA. UNIX
November 7, 2012 UNIX