Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting To start printing a file at line " n" . Post 302489393 by kurumi on Thursday 20th of January 2011 10:31:56 AM
Old 01-20-2011
Code:
 n=10; ruby -ne "print if $.>=$n" file

This User Gave Thanks to kurumi For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

catalina.sh : need combination from "start" and "run"

heya, can someone help me with following problem. i am not sure how far you know the catalina.sh script from tomcat. when i start my tomcat with "catalina.sh run" then the startup-process-output will be printed out on the console, but the tomcat process is started in current shell/session, so... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Filly
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cat Command on File not printing "Blank" Lines?

Hello All, I have a bash script and in it at some point I call an Expect Script that does some stuff and saves its output in a ".txt" file. Example "/path/to/my/file/Expect_Output.txt" file: notice the 2nd line is empty in the file... Data for Host-1 (192.168.1.110) Checking the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find lines with "A" then change "E" to "X" same line

I have a bunch of random character lines like ABCEDFG. I want to find all lines with "A" and then change any "E" to "X" in the same line. ALL lines with "A" will have an "X" somewhere in it. I have tried sed awk and vi editor. I get close, not quite there. I know someone has already solved this... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nightwatchrenba
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all log files older than 10 day and whose first string of the first line is "MSH" or "<?xml"

Dear Ladies & Gents, I have a requirement to delete all the log files in /var/log/test directory that are older than 10 days and their first line begin with "MSH" or "<?xml" or "FHS". I've put together the following BASH script, but it's erroring out: for filename in $(find /var/log/test... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hiroshi
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Failure: if grep "$Var" "$line" inside while read line loop

Hi everybody, I am new at Unix/Bourne shell scripting and with my youngest experiences, I will not become very old with it :o My code: #!/bin/sh set -e set -u export IFS= optl="Optl" LOCSTORCLI="/opt/lsi/storcli/storcli" ($LOCSTORCLI /c0 /vall show | grep RAID | cut -d " "... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subsonic66
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Howto auto boot SPARC | How to auto supply "start /SYS" and "start /SP/console" commands

When I power ON my T4-1, I got a prompt -> where I have to start /SYS and start /SP/console. How can I auto supply these two commands ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
3 Replies
MONGO(1)							  Mongo Database							  MONGO(1)

NAME
mongo - the Mongo command-line tool SYNOPSIS
mongo [OPTIONS] [DB_ADDRESS] [FILE+] DESCRIPTION
mongo is a JavaScript shell (with GNU readline capabilities). It supports interactive and non-interactive use. When used interactively, JavaScript can be used to query the database or perform any other function normally available with SpiderMonkey. Database output is dis- played in JSON format. If JavaScript files are specified on the command line, the shell will run non-interactively, running each one in sequence and then exiting. EXAMPLES
mongo start the shell, connecting to the server at localhost:27017 and using the test database mongo foo start the shell using the foo database at localhost:27017 mongo 192.169.0.5/foo start the shell using the foo database at 192.169.0.5:27017 mongo 192.169.0.5:9999/foo start the shell using the foo database at 192.169.0.5:9999 mongo script1.js script2.js script3.js run three scripts and exit OPTIONS
--shell run the shell after executing files --help show usage information --host HOST server to connect to (default HOST=localhost) --port PORT port to connect to (default PORT=27017) --nodb do not connect to mongod --eval SCRIPT evaluate JavaScript -u USERNAME specify user to log in as -pPASSWORD specify password of user (notice there is no space) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2009 10gen SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MongoDB wiki, available at http://www.mongodb.org. AUTHOR
Kristina Chodorow 10gen June 2009 MONGO(1)