Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Implement in one line sed or awk having no delimiter and file size is huge Post 302489245 by millan on Wednesday 19th of January 2011 11:48:02 PM
Old 01-20-2011
Thanks a lot guys...

Code:
awk '!/^[90]/ && substr($0,576,1) !~ "[0-9]"' A.DAT >> B.DAT

it worked.

but whn i tried with
Code:
awk '!/^[09]/&&!(/^1/&&substr($0,576,1)~/[0-9]/)' A.DAT > B.DAT

it was giving error like the too long line..

Anyway,i got the solution..Thanks...........

Cheers!!!

---------- Post updated at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous update was at 08:16 PM ----------

oh!!! yes...how do i implement the criteria of starts with 1?
Ygor's command is giving error "too long line".

Ygor/Chubler,

Any other way?????

---------- Post updated at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous update was at 08:38 PM ----------

Hey Guys,

This worked for me.

Code:
nawk '!/^[90]/ && /^1/ && substr($0,576,1) !~ "[0-9]"' A.DAT > B.DAT

I think it also do the required operation on my file.

whats say?

Last edited by Franklin52; 01-20-2011 at 04:16 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Insert a line as the first line into a very huge file

Hello, I need to insert a line (like a header) as the first line of a very huge file (about 3 ml rows). I am able to do it with sed, but redirecting the output and creating a new file takes quite some time. I was wondering if there was a more efficient way of doing it? Any help would be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shriek
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a huge line into multiple 120 characters lines with sed?

Hello , I'm trying to split a file which contains a single very long line. My aim is to split this single line each 120 characters. I tried with the sed command : `cat ${MYPATH}/${FILE}|sed -e :a -e 's/^.\{1,120\}$/&\n/;ta' >{MYPATH}/${DEST}` but when I wc -l the destination file it is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerome_1664
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk,nawk,sed, delimiter |~|

RECORD=NEW|~|VENDORN=LUCENT|~|VENDORM=CBX500_REAR|~|NETWORK=ATM|~|SUBNETWORK=N/A|~|SITE=CIL|~|REGION=KN|~|COUNTRY=PS|~|SWITCH=SWITCH1|~|E THERNET=N/A|~|LOOPBACK=N/A|~|SHELF=N/A|~|SLOT=14|~|SUBSLOT=N/A|~|STSCHAN=N/A|~|PORT=S14|~|DS1SLOT=N/A|~|LINE=N/A|~|LPORTID=N/A|~|CARDDESC=N/A|~|CARDTYPE=BAC2RT0... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: knijjar
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to implement in one-line awk in a fixed file having no delimiter

Hi, I have a file a.txt having no delimiter. I want to exclude the line which contains 435th character as 1 or 2 and redirect the rest of the lines to another file b. Can you pls suggest how to do this in one liner awk. Following is just one line of the input file a:- 120110116 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help- counting delimiter in a huge file and split data into 2 files

I’m new to Linux script and not sure how to filter out bad records from huge flat files (over 1.3GB each). The delimiter is a semi colon “;” Here is the sample of 5 lines in the file: Name1;phone1;address1;city1;state1;zipcode1 Name2;phone2;address2;city2;state2;zipcode2;comment... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lv99
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP a huge Size file

Dear All, Good Evening!! I have a requirement to ftp a 220GB backup file to a remote backup server. I wrote a script for this purpose. But it takes more than 8 hours to transfer this file. Is there any other method to do it in less time??? Thanks in Advance!!! ---------- Post updated... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naga06
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Optimised way for search & replace a value on one line in a very huge file (File Size is 24 GB).

Hi Experts, I had to edit (a particular value) in header line of a very huge file so for that i wanted to search & replace a particular value on a file which was of 24 GB in Size. I managed to do it but it took long time to complete. Can anyone please tell me how can we do it in a optimised... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishkomar007
7 Replies

8. HP-UX

Performance issue with 'grep' command for huge file size

I have 2 files; one file (say, details.txt) contains the details of employees and another file (say, emp.txt) has some selected employee names. I am extracting employee details from details.txt by using emp.txt and the corresponding code is: while read line do emp_name=`echo $line` grep -e... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arb_1984
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need next line as a space delimiter in awk

Hi,Below is the output for p3fi_dev services 1/app/oracle> . ./oraprofile_p3fi_dev p3fi_dev_01 (P):/devoragridcn_01/app/oracle> srvctl config service -d p3fi_dev p3fi_p3fi_dev.world PREF: p3fi_dev_01 AVAIL: p3fi_dev_02 pplnet_p3fidev PREF: p3fi_dev_01 AVAIL: p3fi_dev_02 nexus_p3fidev PREF:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join the line on delimiter using sed/awk in UNIX

I've input as , abcd| ef 123456| 78| 90 Desired output as, abcdef 1234567890 Anyone please give the solution. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jinixvimal
5 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)